Natal placements and being polite/good etiquette

obsidianmineral

Which placements affect the way a person behaves in society? I was thinking just today about leaving people's messages on seen. It's rude. I think that it is okay to do it with friends, but it is not entirely correct either. Maybe it is my ninth house Sun, but I feel strongly attracted to the idea of being morally correct and upright. I really dislike the fact that most of the people in society have this façade of being good people. Most people are like this yet they always want to appear as if they are do gooders. I think I am going to always reply to messages, and will only leave them on seen when I am truly busy. This idea really hints at the golden rule of doing to others what you would have them do unto you. So there's this side of the coin, where people show this so-called façade and then there are other people that only want to show kindness to others and constantly spread positive messages, especially through social media like Facebook or Twitter. I also kinda hate these people because they're afraid to speak their mind and only say things that they know for a fact will be approved of. For instance, feminism. Kind of reminds me of Emma Watson. She pretty much only says positive things or talks about the idea of women being socially oppressed. That is not the number one issue in the world. In fact, women like her have been going at it so frequently and for so long that society is starting to hate feminism. Feminism is no longer a term with good connotations. And I know that in the case of celebrities, trying to not cause controversy is really important and it's important to not upset people with their opinions, but it really annoys me how what they say doesn't reflect reality. Anyways, I apologize for this Aries Sun rant.

Last edited:

Sagcap88

Signs that come to mind are Virgo, Libra, and Capricorn are the most well mannered signs of the zodiac, assuming other placements don’t contradict.

In particular, I would say Sun in Libra, Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Capricorn, Virgo rising, and Libra rising. Also, Venus conjunct the ascendant, Sun and/or Moon.

As for leaving texts on read, it freaks me out too. I can’t stand knowing someone has read my text and ignored it. If it happens frequently, I distance myself from that person. I think it shows lack of character and that they don’t hold respect for you and/or are passive aggressive.

And yeah, I was disappointed by how Emma Watson let feminism take over her career. Feminism is trendy right now and I feel that it’s more like a collective temper tantrum being thrown by millennials than an actual effort to better humanity.

Just an example: My cousin is a “feminist” who took part in the Women’s March (complete with p$ssy hat). She plastered pictures of it all over her social media and rants about it. Yet...when a friend of hers told her that she had been sexually assaulted and said she needed a friend to lend a shoulder to cry on and be supportive, she IMMEDIATELY cut off the friendship because she feels that “life is too short to hear people talk about those things” and “it isn’t her problem”.

Anyways, about Emma...I was such a fan of her as Hermione in HP. I think she could have done a lot more for the world if she’d chosen a cause like human trafficking or poverty.

Last edited:

obsidianmineral

Signs that come to mind are Virgo, Libra, and Capricorn are the most well mannered signs of the zodiac, assuming other placements don’t contradict.

In particular, I would say Sun in Libra, Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Capricorn, Virgo rising, and Libra rising. Also, Venus conjunct the ascendant, Sun and/or Moon.

As for leaving texts on read, it freaks me out too. I can’t stand knowing someone has read my text and ignored it. If it happens frequently, I distance myself from that person. I think it shows lack of character and that they don’t hold respect for you and/or are passive aggressive.

And yeah, I was disappointed by how Emma Watson let feminism take over her career. Feminism is trendy right now and I feel that it’s more like a collective temper tantrum being thrown by millennials than an actual effort to better humanity.

Just an example: My cousin is a “feminist” who took part in the Women’s March (complete with p$ssy hat). She plastered pictures of it all over her social media and rants about it. Yet...when a friend of hers told her that she had been sexually assaulted and said she needed a friend to lend a shoulder to cry on and be supportive, she IMMEDIATELY cut off the friendship because she feels that “life is too short to hear people talk about those things” and “it isn’t her problem”.

Anyways, about Emma...I was such a fan of her as Hermione in HP. I think she could have done a lot more for the world if she’d chosen a cause like human trafficking or poverty.

But the thing is, do you think Libras are polite for the sake of being socially graceful? That is the opposite of what I am trying to say. A Libra would not leave you on seen for the sake of being nice to you, but when you disagree with them then they turn into the least polite people on the world. That is what annoys me. From a Ram to a Centuar, surely you catch this "cut the ****" attitude that I'm talking about? I am talking about being true to yourself. If someone disagreed with me I wouldn't be less polite with them. I would reply to them.

About feminism and your friend, I think that's called being a hypocrite. Saying one thing one day and acting the other way the next day.

And about Emma Watson, I am also disappointed in her behaviour. You would think that an Aries like her wouldn't be like that. She looks to me as if she thinks that fighting for feminism is solving the major problem in society and that feminism is being "really brave" or something like that. It's not. Feminism is pretty much a minor problem nowadays. Hunger and poverty are way bigger problems.

Sagcap88

Yeah, you’re right about Libras. I guess what I meant was that they CAN-be charming when they want to. Oh-so-charming...

Yeah, you’re right about the hypocrisy. I can’t stand it. I don’t get why people say one thing and do another.

But yeah, Emma is a whiner. And she’s become really condescending and full of herself in interviews. Such a far cry from the sweet girl she was back when she was a playing a student at Hogwarts. Harry and Ron need to check her like a coat at the door. Lol.

obsidianmineral

Yeah, you’re right about Libras. I guess what I meant was that they CAN-be charming when they want to. Oh-so-charming...

Yeah, you’re right about the hypocrisy. I can’t stand it. I don’t get why people say one thing and do another.

But yeah, Emma is a whiner. And she’s become really condescending and full of herself in interviews. Such a far cry from the sweet girl she was back when she was a playing a student at Hogwarts. Harry and Ron need to check her like a coat at the door. Lol.

Yeah, I like the Harry Potter movies too. I liked Hermione in those movies. It is annoying to see her turn into this so opinionated person. Even though it is true that, given her circumstances and considering how she has not only been famous she was a child but also one of the best looking women - cause she is, and I honestly think that she is the best looking - that still does not justify anything. Looks are really meaningless in the end, and physical attractiveness does not correlate with being good or being upright - if anything, it may just make people more full of themselves and selfish. As an animal with primitive instincts I appreciate appearance, but as a rational human being I can also appreciate that her being in the HP movies or her looks do not make up at all for who she is.

Fomalhaut

Premium Member

I have never seen a rude Libran. They really suffer when disaprouved so they feel obliged to make an effort towards the other.
The anecdote with the hypocritical feminist is not an argument against feminism. Hypocrisy is such an old habit of humanity. Haven’t we seen legions of men who publicly sustained some very moral vision of the world, but who were miles away from being able to apply it to their own lives ? That is just how humans are, why would women be any different ? The anecdote doesn’t invalidate the cause, it just shows human failure.
On second thought, the direction feminism has taken in some respects was to imitate male attitudes, aspirations and behavior, wich can sometimes be insensitive and is not known for placing caring at its center. So from a certain (devious) point of view, the girl’s behavior could be seen as coherent: as a feminist, she could ask to be more like men, to have equal rights and opportunities and be less bound to care and empathy. After all, those qualities should not be gender dependent. In fact the more I think of it, the more I find her behavior coherent, which doesn’t mean desirable. I personally believe men should behave more gently and be more attentive to other’s needs, and not the other way around, meaning women becoming more like men. But I also observed that negative behavior always wins and ends up by being adopted by the largest number of people. So I suppose ruthlessness, social ambition, un-caring attitudes will gain more and more terrain. I even red a feminist who wrote (with some admiration) that politics is naturally «*virile*» (prepare your bazookas!) You don’t stop progress...
If I were a macho man, I wouldn’t feel threatened by some more harsh aspects of feminism. Him who imitates us always pays us a compliment.

Last edited:

Abby83

Which placements affect the way a person behaves in society? I was thinking just today about leaving people's messages on seen. It's rude. I think that it is okay to do it with friends, but it is not entirely correct either. Maybe it is my ninth house Sun, but I feel strongly attracted to the idea of being morally correct and upright. I really dislike the fact that most of the people in society have this façade of being good people. Most people are like this yet they always want to appear as if they are do gooders. I think I am going to always reply to messages, and will only leave them on seen when I am truly busy. This idea really hints at the golden rule of doing to others what you would have them do unto you. So there's this side of the coin, where people show this so-called façade and then there are other people that only want to show kindness to others and constantly spread positive messages, especially through social media like Facebook or Twitter. I also kinda hate these people because they're afraid to speak their mind and only say things that they know for a fact will be approved of. For instance, feminism. Kind of reminds me of Emma Watson. She pretty much only says positive things or talks about the idea of women being socially oppressed. That is not the number one issue in the world. In fact, women like her have been going at it so frequently and for so long that society is starting to hate feminism. Feminism is no longer a term with good connotations. And I know that in the case of celebrities, trying to not cause controversy is really important and it's important to not upset people with their opinions, but it really annoys me how what they say doesn't reflect reality. Anyways, I apologize for this Aries Sun rant.

I’ve been told I’m a really good girl who would never ever do anything bad. I think libra and sag have something to do with it. Jupiter in sag in first house - high morals is important. Libra in general is fair, understanding and polite.

Abby83

But the thing is, do you think Libras are polite for the sake of being socially graceful? That is the opposite of what I am trying to say. A Libra would not leave you on seen for the sake of being nice to you, but when you disagree with them then they turn into the least polite people on the world. That is what annoys me. From a Ram to a Centuar, surely you catch this "cut the ****" attitude that I'm talking about? I am talking about being true to yourself. If someone disagreed with me I wouldn't be less polite with them. I would reply to them.

About feminism and your friend, I think that's called being a hypocrite. Saying one thing one day and acting the other way the next day.

And about Emma Watson, I am also disappointed in her behaviour. You would think that an Aries like her wouldn't be like that. She looks to me as if she thinks that fighting for feminism is solving the major problem in society and that feminism is being "really brave" or something like that. It's not. Feminism is pretty much a minor problem nowadays. Hunger and poverty are way bigger problems.

Firstly, libras hate injustice.

Secondly, they know disagreements lead to fights. They’ll usually debate their point. But if they strongly disagree with yours then they feel unsafe and outcast (probably from experience). I know from my experience, Aquarius and sag are fine with disagreeing, but there are some really controlling and combative ppl out there who can’t handle a difference of opinion. So libra will either run away for peace or think you are an absolute idiot for disagreeing.

Abby83

Also - libras are really polite to everyone and expects the same treatment. So if someone doesn’t act nice back, it angers the libras so much they want to fight about it. The libra loses control and becomes the very thing it naturally isn’t - mean.

obsidianmineral

I have never seen a rude Libran. They really suffer when disaprouved so they feel obliged to make an effort towards the other.
The anecdote with the hypocritical feminist is not an argument against feminism. Hypocrisy is such an old habit of humanity. Haven’t we seen legions of men who publicly sustained some very moral vision of the world, but who were miles away from being able to apply it to their own lives ? That is just how humans are, why would women be any different ? The anecdote doesn’t invalidate the cause, it just shows human failure.
On second thought, the direction feminism has taken in some respects was to imitate male attitudes, aspirations and behavior, wich can sometimes be insensitive and is not known for placing caring at its center. So from a certain (devious) point of view, the girl’s behavior could be seen as coherent: as a feminist, she could ask to be more like men, to have equal rights and opportunities and be less bound to care and empathy. After all, those qualities should not be gender dependent. In fact the more I think of it, the more I find her behavior coherent, which doesn’t mean desirable. I personally believe men should behave more gently and be more attentive to other’s needs, and not the other way around, meaning women becoming more like men. But I also observed that negative behavior always wins and ends up by being adopted by the largest number of people. So I suppose ruthlessness, social ambition, un-caring attitudes will gain more and more terrain. I even red a feminist who wrote (with some admiration) that politics is naturally «*virile*» (prepare your bazookas!) You don’t stop progress...
If I were a macho man, I wouldn’t feel threatened by some more harsh aspects of feminism. Him who imitates us always pays us a compliment.

Libras should not be making a conscious effort to please others. It ends up being fake. There will always be someone who will disagree with you at the end of the day. You say women are bound to behave a certain way, a more masculine way. If what you say is true, it really is dumb to see them do riots when all they have to do is decide to change their behaviour themselves. They demand others to change them? Cause demanding other people to change their view about them is really a stupid task. Being so loud and annoying only makes you look worse. Saying men are this specific way and they're rude is dumb. You can't force people to be what you want them to be. Each individual chooses their own personality and attitude towards others. Also, who cares about being a "macho man"? That's the stupidest thing ever. I personally don't feel threatened by feminism, and I really don't get where you're coming from by implying that a large group of men are. I don't care about being a macho man. I don't care about being a so-called scaredy cat or a pussy. The only thing I know is that feminism is annoying nowadays.

obsidianmineral

Firstly, libras hate injustice.

Secondly, they know disagreements lead to fights. They’ll usually debate their point. But if they strongly disagree with yours then they feel unsafe and outcast (probably from experience). I know from my experience, Aquarius and sag are fine with disagreeing, but there are some really controlling and combative ppl out there who can’t handle a difference of opinion. So libra will either run away for peace or think you are an absolute idiot for disagreeing.

Personally, I view this Libra attitude as bad. I have a Libra Moon, and even so, I still think that this kind of behavior is bad. I get that inner insecurities can drive people to agree with others on everything and that, by human nature, we enjoy peace and harmony. However, it is not through peace and balance that society has progressed, and pretending that violence (Mars) doesn't exist by running away from arguments or just silently disagreeing is behaving like child. I also think that just arguing for the sake of it is stupid as well, seeing how disagreeing with someone and making them change their opinion is really hard to do. People are never willing to change their point of view. They always carry this senseless pride with them that only does people more bad than good.

In my other post I mentioned how I hated this "everything's okay" attitude from people, but I also happen to hate the "I'm always right with my opinions and I find it funny to humiliate others by proving they're wrong". I'm guessing people that fit into the first category are Libras by definition, and the others might be Leos or Aries.

Abby83

Libras should not be making a conscious effort to please others. It ends up being fake. There will always be someone who will disagree with you at the end of the day. You say women are bound to behave a certain way, a more masculine way. If what you say is true, it really is dumb to see them do riots when all they have to do is decide to change their behaviour themselves. They demand others to change them? Cause demanding other people to change their view about them is really a stupid task. Being so loud and annoying only makes you look worse. Saying men are this specific way and they're rude is dumb. You can't force people to be what you want them to be. Each individual chooses their own personality and attitude towards others. Also, who cares about being a "macho man"? That's the stupidest thing ever. I personally don't feel threatened by feminism, and I really don't get where you're coming from by implying that a large group of men are. I don't care about being a macho man. I don't care about being a so-called scaredy cat or a pussy. The only thing I know is that feminism is annoying nowadays.

About your Libra statement. That's the big lesson for Libra. Their natural way of life is to treat other ppl the wat they would like to be treated. Why wouldn't anyone like to be treated nice? This very thought of being disliked after being nice to ppl horrifies Libra and I must admit I can't understand it either. When ppl are nice to me I'm a much happier person. Why be mean?

Abby83

Personally, I view this Libra attitude as bad. I have a Libra Moon, and even so, I still think that this kind of behavior is bad. I get that inner insecurities can drive people to agree with others on everything and that, by human nature, we enjoy peace and harmony. However, it is not through peace and balance that society has progressed, and pretending that violence (Mars) doesn't exist by running away from arguments or just silently disagreeing is behaving like child. I also think that just arguing for the sake of it is stupid as well, seeing how disagreeing with someone and making them change their opinion is really hard to do. People are never willing to change their point of view. They always carry this senseless pride with them that only does people more bad than good.

In my other post I mentioned how I hated this "everything's okay" attitude from people, but I also happen to hate the "I'm always right with my opinions and I find it funny to humiliate others by proving they're wrong". I'm guessing people that fit into the first category are Libras by definition, and the others might be Leos or Aries.

No that's silly to pin point it to Libra doing these things. Libra won't agree with you for peace. Libra will honestly say what they think, but they're not gonna fight about it cos they know fighting solves nothing. At the end of the day you can either both agree to disagree and move on, or fight and fight and fight with no one agreeing or listening to the other, or if both are listening they can make a compromise, or one person might just agree for peace. But I've never seen Libra agree for peace. They usually just give up and walk away and do something enjoyable. Fighting is a turn off.

Fomalhaut

Premium Member

It’s funny, I don’t know many agressive Aries (I know this goes against most of our expectations in astrology). In fact there’s only one that comes to mind, a polititian, but he has his Sun conjunct a retrograde Mars in Aries, so I suppose he encounters the kind of intimate problems which would be very difficult to accept by an Aries. But except that one, I only saw and had in my life very cool Arians. I always suspected that good stamina and strength, even moral strength, offer an inner equilibrium and some peace. It’s true that my Venus is in Aries so I must like them. For me, the epitomy of Aries is Peter Garret from The Midnight Oil, singing Beds are Burning. You must know it a lot better, so maybe he is not exactly that chivalresque courageous image in my head (I know he had some corruption issues later on when he went into politics), but I don’t want to think about that...
Anyway, the question to ask is if the Martian people you speak about in the othe post were really Martian in the technical astrological sense. Sometimes we get surprised.

Last edited:

Fomalhaut

Premium Member
You say women are bound to behave a certain way, a more masculine way..

I didn’t say that. I said «*as a feminist, she could ask to be more like men, to have equal rights and opportunities and be less bound to care and empathy*». That means that in traditional society, women were bound to show caring and emphathetic behavior , while now what the feminists demand is to be liberated from those obligations and to behave more like men. The idea was that the cousin you were talking about exhibited a behavior coherent with that feminist aspiration. So her behavior was not in fact contradictory to what she publicly sustained (or hypocritical), as it first appeared to me.

Fomalhaut

Premium Member
"Sun conjunct a retrograde Mars in Aries"

?

Mars retro has difficulty with healthy serf-assertion. A lot stays bottled and then we witness difficult to control bursts of anger. Passive agressive behavior is also common with retro Mars. Sometimes it can reduce stamina too. For a, say Pisces, that could be less important. For an Aries Sun, with the values and aspirations that are his, there might be a problem

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Mars retro has difficulty with healthy serf-assertion. A lot stays bottled and then we witness difficult to control bursts of anger. Passive agressive behavior is also common with retro Mars. Sometimes it can reduce stamina too. For a, say Pisces, that could be less important. For an Aries Sun, with the values and aspirations that are his, there might be a problem

It's impossible for the Mars to be in conjunction with the Sun and also be retrograde at the same time. That's what the question mark was about. If you're not willing to share the natal chart, could you share the birthday?