Random Observation of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubyadude1986

Hi Everybody. I hope everyone is doing well.

So, has anyone ever looked at some of the user names at certain times? Pretty interesting. Very interesting sometimes.

And there were 3,000 people logged in here on May 13. That's a LOT of astrologers. Astrology is going to start to become a much bigger thing. :)

Has anyone else noticed anything random that piqued their interest?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I remember the first time I saw that the record for most online users was broken. I thought to myself,"What the hell was going on that day?". This place isn't even as active as it used to be so I found it strange.

conspiracy theorist

Hey CT, how are you?

Yes. lol I don't remember either. That was kind of strange.

Sup Dubzman. The sky is blue, my belly is full and I'm swinging languidly in an office chair. How's things stateside?

All I remember back then was that it was the early days of the chat thread with high impact hijinks. Other than that I'm blanking.

I guess the stars just aligned that day

AppLeo

I wonder, is there a forum natal chart anywhere?

There is, but I have no idea where to look.

Idk if this counts as an observation, but I remember sleeping next to a wall and when I woke up, I stared straight into the wall. I saw all white; I thought I was blind for a second.

I know how lame.

Kitchy

Banned

So, has anyone ever looked at some of the user names at certain times? Pretty interesting. Very interesting sometimes.

And there were 3,000 people logged in here on May 13. That's a LOT of astrologers. Astrology is going to start to become a much bigger thing. :)

There is an astrology revival. it is about every 20+ years, just like everything else. Nurturing younger astrologers is the Jup conjunction duty to everyone's younger 'peers'. It is important to me - as an 'old school' modern astrologer, that we don't pander to quick answers like google, but rather teach through learning methods by examples.

Asking and/or telling, without knowing or caring to know is what is going on right now - en generale - begs the question - 'where does knowledge really come from?"

david starling

There is an astrology revival. it is about every 20+ years, just like everything else. Nurturing younger astrologers is the Jup conjunction duty to everyone's younger 'peers'. It is important to me - as an 'old school' modern astrologer, that we don't pander to quick answers like google, but rather teach through learning methods by examples.

Asking and/or telling, without knowing or caring to know is what is going on right now - en generale - begs the question - 'where does knowledge really come from?"

"Old-school" Modern-astrology is my home base also. Got started in the late 60's when Neptune was in Scorpio, heading for Sagittarius. I thought it was conventional and agreed upon, but I see now it was a particular brand of Astrology, and without the internet, other views weren't readily available. Kitchy, I have a question for you: We're you taught that the Signs are numbered, 1 through 12 beginning with Aries? Another question: Do you associate the Sign-qualities with the Houses, beginning with Aries and H1?

Kitchy

Banned
"Old-school" Modern-astrology is my home base also. Got started in the late 60's when Neptune was in Scorpio, heading for Sagittarius. I thought it was conventional and agreed upon, but I see now it was a particular brand of Astrology, and without the internet, other views weren't readily available. Kitchy, I have a question for you: We're you taught that the Signs are numbered, 1 through 12 beginning with Aries? Another question: Do you associate the Sign-qualities with the Houses, beginning with Aries and H1?

Starling -

I believe in the the ones of bite - - first the angles and then house rulerships and where the rulers of house are placed and to which planets the rulers aspect and chart patterns.

Yes, I learned about the 12 houses in succession with Aries as ruler of 1st and yes, I learned about different house systems - and I believe placidus and regio and porphory - with alternating cusps are more valid than whole or equal house - but that is because I'm a modernist at heart and the fuzzy lines are most often defined by the house rulers and the placement of planets next to those.

At the same time, I believe that ancient rulers hold rule on signs, as I mentioned before in one of your threads/posts - as "birth or step parents" but ultimately - I look at the sun and moon and ascendant to determine where all of these characters play out - so the house system - (maybe it's Lilly - says - "it could go either way" by 5 degrees or more.

Is this a loaded trick question, because if so, I am not in the mood :devil:. Have I not taught you anything?

david starling

Kitchy, thanks for the response, and it's by no means a trick question. I firmly associate the Signs with their numbers, and apply numerology to them as well. I was surprised to find that other Modern-astrologers don't seem to do that, even though they may be doing it surreptitiously by connecting the numbered Houses to the Signs of the same numbers. Aquarius is [IMO] The 11th Sign, which converts numerologically to the 2nd Sign, Taurus. Which means that Aquarius is able, under the right circumstances, to affect Materialistic-reality with thought-waves. And this has tremendous implications for what will become not only possible, but normal, during the Aquarian-age. So my question was, in your original version of old-school Modern-astrology, were the Signs themselves firmly numbered? Or, if not, at least associated with the Houses having the same numbers as I believe accrue to the Signs themselves? I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just wondering how widespread the use of numbered Signs was, back in the Sixties and Seventies.

Kitchy

Banned
Kitchy, thanks for the response, and it's by no means a trick question. I firmly associate the Signs with their numbers, and apply numerology to them as well. I was surprised to find that other Modern-astrologers don't seem to do that, even though they may be doing it surreptitiously by connecting the numbered Houses to the Signs of the same numbers. Aquarius is [IMO] The 11th Sign, which converts numerologically to the 2nd Sign, Taurus. Which means that Aquarius is able, under the right circumstances, to affect Materialistic-reality with thought-waves. And this has tremendous implications for what will become not only possible, but normal, during the Aquarian-age. So my question was, in your original version of old-school Modern-astrology, were the Signs themselves firmly numbered? Or, if not, at least associated with the Houses having the same numbers as I believe accrue to the Signs themselves? I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just wondering how widespread the use of numbered Signs was, back in the Sixties and Seventies.

you just described the relationship of saturn and uranus to aquarius. :kissing:

david starling

Crescent Moon with Venus right above the tip. Not a Conjunction, declination at work! Beautiful sight.:joyful: Or was it Jupiter?:unsure: Yeah, probably Jup.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So, has anyone ever looked at some of the user names at certain times?
Pretty interesting. Very interesting sometimes.

And there were 3,000 people logged in here on May 13.
I checked the stats today :smile:

"...Most users ever online was 3,263, 05-15-2016 at 01:14 AM....."

which IS interesting

given the stats also mention that

although there are 22,994 Members
of those
there are only 888 ACTIVE Members

so more than 2,000 logging on that day

i.e. 15 May 2016 were non-members randomly browsing
if not
then

intriguing

that more than 2,300 members suddenly logged in en masse

That's a LOT of astrologers.
Astrology is going to start to become a much bigger thing. :)

If they were random browsers
they may not have been astrolgers

JUPITERASC

14055038_10154628202479238_3140870925638962075_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.