Favourite element

Abby83

That’s what I heard from my friends about me (Tau Sun, Cap Moon)
But you have to know, like a volcano, there’s activity going on deep inside! Esp Cap moons, I feel they are just a big bundle of (very controlled) nerves.
I agree about Capricorn moon and having controlled nerves ready to burst.

love-thinking

I'm curious to know what your favourite element is in astrology and why.

I love the water signs best. I love the satisfying emotions, sensitivity, love, creativity, fantasy.

I'm going to have to say air signs. The reason why I said air signs is the it's not easy for them to commit an unforgivable crime and they are interesting to be around. Water signs will commit some unforgivable crime of passion (maybe not pisces) whether it's acting borderline towards their kid or beating a partner up for cheating. Fire signs are selfish and entitled and try too hard to dominate you, and will also do careless unforgivable actions without much thought.

Earth signs are not bad but often boring and methodical.

Air signs can gain material things by using their intellect and they may not feel as deep, but can understand people's nature's and feelings. They are also more objective and progressive and unbiased.

Love2Know

I'm going to have to say air signs. The reason why I said air signs is the it's not easy for them to commit an unforgivable crime and they are interesting to be around. Water signs will commit some unforgivable crime of passion (maybe not pisces) whether it's acting borderline towards their kid or beating a partner up for cheating. Fire signs are selfish and entitled and try too hard to dominate you, and will also do careless unforgivable actions without much thought.

Earth signs are not bad but often boring and methodical.

Air signs can gain material things by using their intellect and they may not feel as deep, but can understand people's nature's and feelings. They are also more objective and progressive and unbiased.

That was offensive lol.

love-thinking

That was offensive lol.

Lol sorry. Just my opinion. I'm predominantly earth and water so I basically offended myself.

All elements have a bad side and a good manifestation. It's just I feel like with fire and water signs the negative is worse because they're too yin and too yang so they represent extremes.

Earth and air signs are more balanced. But in my opinion air signs win because they don't have to suffer through the extremities of passion and/or innocent/under-calculated (or not) self expression like water and fire signs do. They are flaky. But at least they're not as uptight and 'boring' like earth signs are either.

But the positive side of fire and water signs is that they do get a lot of attention and intrigue. Sag is the expansive king of the gods, leo is the sun that shines brighter than all else, and aries is the sexual combative warrior counter part of venus. And as for the water signs, pisces is the romantic mermaid, sexy femme fatale scorpio and vulnerable damsel cancer. Their extremities of yin/yang cause a very passionate/romantic/heated nature to each of them of which many of the air signs and earth sign(it's debatable with libra and taurus but I'll include them in this list since they are more superficial and mundane) lack. So I'm not saying the fire and water signs are more attractive, they are simply more outer worldly if that makes sense. They are more intriguing because they are hyperpolarized if that makes sense.

Sorry, I kind of was too basic with my explanation. I should have been more perceptive. Fire signs tend to be "selfish and entitled" because of their more innocent nature (short sigtedness) that seems to come from the understanding that everyone wants what they want, and everyone understands the world the way they do which means they shouldn't get less than anyone else. Aries competitive and young-has this attitude but is willing to work for it. Leo is the perfect posterchild for this belief and attitude. Sagitarius's optimism, freedom loving, expansive yet firey ways can also translate to this as they don't like taking on responsibility. But they're also very protective.

Water signs feel very strongly about things especially cancer and scorpio. Which is beautiful in a way. A healthy expression of that in the context of friendship especially is wonderful. If you're in a relationship with them, might be amazing as well. But let's face it, a lot of emotion, existential crises, fanatic views and attachments to ideas that contribute to their existential crises(they may also be religious or maybe even turn to drugs to calm themselves) is very counterproductive in the real world especially in the context of parenthood, jobs etc. You can't attain a good education or expect career success when you're out there obsessed with someone(unless you've made a conscious decision to be obsessed with your career-aka hilary clinton), or be a good parent on drugs. These signs are continually getting disappointing by those around them and constantly trying to find ways to relieve their emptiness/pain. I also like to add water signs are perfect when you don't have too much intimacy with them. This is because they are naturally giving and empathetic but they'll sting you really hard if you disappoint them which is probably likely to happen if you live with them.

The world is an androgynous place and slowly the standards are becoming more androgynous aka balanced. Earth and Air signs as such are able to cope with living in this world in a better way. Air signs are smart enough to have a strong understanding of everything around them. I also like the fact that air signs tend to be the least biased(especially libra with their ongoing debates and weighing of pros and cons and aquarius with their genuine care for the wellness of human beings) Earth signs follow a methodical system that secures their place in the world. As such, probably they are not as fascinating as water and fire sign but they get by and do the least amount of harm.

But you have to remember that most of us don't represent one archetype. We are a combination of our sign placements of lumanaries, aspects to these luminaries and ascendant, and house placements.

Secondly you kind of have to embrace the good and bad of every sign. I have a lot of capricorn and taurus in my chart but that may mean I am boring as I don't play around but I got my **** together. I am a simple girl that follows a few simple rules. Water signs may not have it all together as much but they are deep, emotional, and intriguing. Fire signs may be abrasive but they are very vibrant, live and dominant. Air signs may be flaky but they are interesting, and full of ideas. The thing is it's a matter of who's dark side you hate the most and who's light side you like more.

Last edited:
Just a guess, but seems like most would like the Element of their Sun, Moon, and/or Ascendant-sign. Any exceptions to that?

I definitely feel a deep connection with my Water Moon though my chart is heavy on Earth.

But yes my favorite element is Water. Earth is second and then air I suppose. I don't feel too much of a connection with Fire though it is the element of my Ascendant.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Lol sorry. Just my opinion. I'm predominantly earth and water so I basically offended myself.

All elements have a bad side and a good manifestation. It's just I feel like with fire and water signs the negative is worse because they're too yin and too yang so they represent extremes.

Earth and air signs are more balanced. But in my opinion air signs win because they don't have to suffer through the extremities of passion and/or innocent/under-calculated (or not) self expression like water and fire signs do. They are flaky. But at least they're not as uptight and 'boring' like earth signs are either.

But the positive side of fire and water signs is that they do get a lot of attention and intrigue. Sag is the expansive king of the gods, leo is the sun that shines brighter than all else, and aries is the sexual combative warrior counter part of venus. And as for the water signs, pisces is the romantic mermaid, sexy femme fatale scorpio and vulnerable damsel cancer. Their extremities of yin/yang cause a very passionate/romantic/heated nature to each of them of which many of the air signs and earth sign(it's debatable with libra and taurus but I'll include them in this list since they are more superficial and mundane) lack. So I'm not saying the fire and water signs are more attractive, they are simply more outer worldly if that makes sense. They are more intriguing because they are hyperpolarized if that makes sense.

Sorry, I kind of was too basic with my explanation. I should have been more perceptive. Fire signs tend to be "selfish and entitled" because of their more innocent nature (short sigtedness) that seems to come from the understanding that everyone wants what they want, and everyone understands the world the way they do which means they shouldn't get less than anyone else. Aries competitive and young-has this attitude but is willing to work for it. Leo is the perfect posterchild for this belief and attitude. Sagitarius's optimism, freedom loving, expansive yet firey ways can also translate to this as they don't like taking on responsibility. But they're also very protective.

Water signs feel very strongly about things especially cancer and scorpio. Which is beautiful in a way. A healthy expression of that in the context of friendship especially is wonderful. If you're in a relationship with them, might be amazing as well. But let's face it, a lot of emotion, existential crises, fanatic views and attachments to ideas that contribute to their existential crises(they may also be religious or maybe even turn to drugs to calm themselves) is very counterproductive in the real world especially in the context of parenthood, jobs etc. You can't attain a good education or expect career success when you're out there obsessed with someone(unless you've made a conscious decision to be obsessed with your career-aka hilary clinton), or be a good parent on drugs. These signs are continually getting disappointing by those around them and constantly trying to find ways to relieve their emptiness/pain. I also like to add water signs are perfect when you don't have too much intimacy with them. This is because they are naturally giving and empathetic but they'll sting you really hard if you disappoint them which is probably likely to happen if you live with them.

The world is an androgynous place and slowly the standards are becoming more androgynous aka balanced. Earth and Air signs as such are able to cope with living in this world in a better way. Air signs are smart enough to have a strong understanding of everything around them. I also like the fact that air signs tend to be the least biased(especially libra with their ongoing debates and weighing of pros and cons and aquarius with their genuine care for the wellness of human beings) Earth signs follow a methodical system that secures their place in the world. As such, probably they are not as fascinating as water and fire sign but they get by and do the least amount of harm.

But you have to remember that most of us don't represent one archetype. We are a combination of our sign placements of lumanaries, aspects to these luminaries and ascendant, and house placements.

Secondly you kind of have to embrace the good and bad of every sign. I have a lot of capricorn and taurus in my chart but that may mean I am boring as I don't play around but I got my **** together. I am a simple girl that follows a few simple rules. Water signs may not have it all together as much but they are deep, emotional, and intriguing. Fire signs may be abrasive but they are very vibrant, live and dominant. Air signs may be flaky but they are interesting, and full of ideas. The thing is it's a matter of who's dark side you hate the most and who's light side you like more.

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth explanation of what you mean. I do find it very interesting and I agree with the intense emotions of water but as you pointed out we are all a mix. My chart is void of air but ironically my main job is conceptalization. I like how you used gender terms in your description, this is intriguing. I tend to ignore gender a lot as I find it a bit funny how we subscribe to it in a way that blocks us. I see you are describing the elements more in a ‘pure’ sense.

1) Fire. I lack fire. My only fire planet is Jupiter in Leo. My chart is 10% fire I believe. So since I lack it, I love it. Go-getting attitude, charisma, boldness, confidence. I don't lack all these things, they're just harder to get to and feel weird when I put them on. I envy Leo people especially, since most of them tend to take to stardom a bit easier.

2) Air. I myself am double hair--Aquarius Sun, Gemini rising. We're just so witty and charming. I find intellectual pursuits the most fruitful, though I'm clearly biased. I love how detached and rational we are in a society with trigger-haired emotional responses to everything. I think we give the best advice, and are THE BEST in a crisis.

2) Water. I lack water, technically. But my 8th and 12th houses are full, so I'm still very emotional. Double air means I have a harder time expressing these emotions, but a blessed Neptune and Moon trine, and my Gemini writing, means I am able to effectively get emotion across in writing and song. I find unevolved water people to be insufferable, selfish, and moody. The most dangerous combo is an unevolved water person because they drown in suffering (sometimes for no reason) and then try to inflict that nonsense onto others. My Cancer Sun/Scorpio Moon roommate appears sweet, but she has a tendency to make everything about her and her suffering. If you come to her about a problem, she'll find a way to make it about herself. Whereas I may appear bitchy (air, Saturnine), but I actually listen and care and will let you know what you can do to feel better.
Conversely, my mom is a Pisces and is the best. I have another Pisces friend that is very helpful and reliable, a fortifying presence. But these people, I think, just have more self-confidence and aren't forever swaying back and forth in their own emotions. Pisces, as a sign, also being a tad bit more evolved than baby Cancer.

4) Earth. Earth is whatever. The least magical sign to me haha, and I'm SUPER Earth--Capricorn stellium. I enjoy the practicality and stability, and it's a nice marriage to my airy placements. But Earth is so SLOW, and at times BORING. So status and wealth obsessed. My favorite placement of mine is my exalted moon in Taurus, so I like the creature comforts of Earth. But **** if you stay in earth too much, the gravity is unbearable. The indulgence and materialism will get you. I employ Earth most in trying to make moves in my career, and where Leo will get instant stardom, a slow Cap girl like myself just plods her way up the mountain slowly and cautiously. Kind of annoying. Earth people are pretty funny, but at worst are so DRY DRY DRY.