Hello everyone, newbie here!

grace30

Hi guys,

I've always been interested in astrology but only recently started to make an effort to learn more about it and figured I could probably learn some things here. :happy:

I'm a Libra sun, Capricorn rising and Leo moon.

I have been told that ascendant/rising is a bad placement for Capricorn, but I haven't been told WHY. I understand that Saturn is basically the ***** of the universe but why is Cap. so much worse in ascendant than it would be in sun or moon? I was born right on the cusp of Aquarius too (if I was born 3 minutes later I would've been an Aqua), does this make a difference?

Thanks all :happy:

icequeen

Hi Grace
Cappy rising is not a bad hand! Have you ever noticed how Capricorns don't age/age backwards? :D
I believe it's not too bad :)
Is meant to make you depressive and more stood looking than you feel.
But tbh it balances your moon nicely, perhaps the only thing is that you might be very dependent on others' opinion of you, but as long as you don't show it.. :D

IIRC it makes Saturn the ruler of your chart though.

JUPITERASC

Hi guys,

I've always been interested in astrology but only recently started to make an effort to learn more about it
and figured I could probably learn some things here. :happy:

I'm a Libra sun, Capricorn rising and Leo moon.

I have been told that ascendant/rising is a bad placement for Capricorn, but I haven't been told WHY.
I understand that Saturn is basically the ***** of the universe
but why is Cap. so much worse in ascendant than it would be in sun or moon?
I was born right on the cusp of Aquarius too (if I was born 3 minutes later I would've been an Aqua),
does this make a difference?

Thanks all :happy:
You have been told generalisations ~ generalisation is fun but unreliable
and belongs to the "One-Size-Fits-All-School of inaccurate astology" :smile:

because

of all the people with Capricorn ascendant
Saturn may be in any one of twelve different signs
and then the ruler of that sign may be in any of twelve different signs as well
not to mention that other natal planets are in different signs and houses also

and so
generalisation is speculation

grace30

Hi Grace
Cappy rising is not a bad hand! Have you ever noticed how Capricorns don't age/age backwards? :D
I believe it's not too bad :)
Is meant to make you depressive and more stood looking than you feel.
But tbh it balances your moon nicely, perhaps the only thing is that you might be very dependent on others' opinion of you, but as long as you don't show it.. :D

IIRC it makes Saturn the ruler of your chart though.

Yes, actually! I swear I've looked the same age for about 8 years now (I'm 20). I've just gotten better at makeup and my style is better (thank god). I always looked older than my age, but now if people guess my age, they guess it right on or guess between 18-20. :happy:

I also think it balances my moon well. I think the Capricorn is the reason for my ambition and drive to succeed, but I'm also an 8 life path and my sun is in the 10th house, so I think career has always been a big issue for me!

grace30

You have been told generalisations ~ generalisation is fun but unreliable
and belongs to the "One-Size-Fits-All-School of inaccurate astology" :smile:

because

of all the people with Capricorn ascendant
Saturn may be in any one of twelve different signs
and then the ruler of that sign may be in any of twelve different signs as well
not to mention that other natal planets are in different signs and houses also

and so
generalisation is speculation

Thank you! :happy: