Jupiter... your thoughts.

fifteen

Often I hear people cheer when Jupiter enters a certain house in their chart. Thinking that it's expansiveness is here to bring more money, fame and lots of travel. Personally, I don't like that Jupterian energy. It inflates a whole bunch of stuff, and usually it's the bad stuff that is getting all the weight, or the good stuff is inflated until it bursts. like a bubble. Typical a Piscerian and Sagi energy.

Would love to hear your thoughts...

fifteen

Hinting at Jupiter in Cancer, I´m hearing a lot of talk that the economy will do better this next half year. I think it will go the opposite way with Jupiter. I think housing, financial markets and currencies will inflate. Thanks to Jupiter. Overoptimistic energy. But we´ll see...:tongue:

The Ram

Well Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, so I think it will be a hell of a transit. I think there's good and bad potentials in every transit, but it's to up us as individuals to act accordingly to maximize the former and minimize the latter. Even still Jupiter being in one of it's strongest signs can only maximize the good opportunities.

I for one am extremely excited. But I have a stellium in the 4th house, with Saturn, Mars, South node, Uranus and my Moon.

JeffT

In general, Jupiter is considered a benefic energy, but as you point out, it can be overly expansive (for example, when squared to Venus, it can indicate a tendency for overindulgence). Jupiter, like any planet in the chart, has to be looked at by both aspect and sign to see how its energy is being modulated.

Neptune Rising

I agree there are good and bad points to each transit. I am somewhat hopeful for this transit, as its comfortable in Cancer. It is in my 7th house, will trine natal Uranus in 10th, Moon in 2nd/3rd and Jupiter in 3rd, plus conjunct Saturn in 7th. I am interested what the transit opposite to natal Sun will be like, because just after that, it conjuncts my vertex. Maybe i will get more teaching jobs or meet beneficial contacts, who knows. While it was squaring my natal Jupiter, while in Gemini, I took on another teacher training course, which was quite hard, but it enabled me to change and expand upon the style of my teaching. I am thinking, the trine to natal Jupiter now will help me develop and establish myself a bit more.

Marinka

Hinting at Jupiter in Cancer, I´m hearing a lot of talk that the economy will do better this next half year. I think it will go the opposite way with Jupiter. I think housing, financial markets and currencies will inflate. Thanks to Jupiter. Overoptimistic energy. But we´ll see...:tongue:

USA has the sun at 13 cancer and Jupiter at 5 cancer in it's natal chart which considering transiting Uranus is right around 12 Aries and transiting Pluto is at 10 Capricorn Retro, this makes a loose t-square. In December, Mars will be hitting Libra and will finish the grand cross in cardinal - will be interesting to see which countries get activated - might be a tad too loose to impact the USA but, then again, maybe not......

Transiting Neptune at 5 Pisces retro is in a trine to USA natal Jupiter, so when Neptune goes direct again in November of this year could start seeing inflation heat up.

fifteen

Yeah, although I am a water sign, I don't like a grand water trine. Especially with Neptune in Pisces, Saturn in Scorpio, Jupiter in Cancer. It's triple the emotion, triple the illusion, triple the trouble. Then Jupiter comes along to inflate all of this, mercury goes retrograde and then Venus in Leo is adding some more overly-optimistic drama.And all of this just after the Uranus-Pluto square in May... A crazy mix, if you ask me...

This is the energy of The Fool, as seen as a card in Tarot. That's the way I sense it...

343px-RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I like Jupiteran energy... but I'm Jupiteran myself (0 degree Libra Jupiter on the AC) so why wouldn't I personally like it? My MC is at 3 Cancer in the 10th house I'm bound to expand in that particular area, for which I've been wanting to do for awhile.

That being said, I'm very happy that Jupiter is in his most favorite sign as I think that should help lighten the overall mood and optimism but I'm grossed out by the current water configuration.

The Grand Water Trine is pretty hopped up on its own little world so it radiates overbloated confidence and widespread delusions. What's expressed in how people express themselves in everyday, mundane desires is really irksome to me. It feels like too many people got hit with the diva bug and hold the mentality that if they want something, they'll get it without any actual THOUGHT of how to get it or take any realistic ACTION in getting it. Water is too delusional!!

I think things will be a bit more grounded once the Sun leaves Cancer.

Neptune Rising

I've found something to be lucky so far this Jupiter in Cancer transit, its just trined my 10th house URanus, along with Lilith conjunct, and I got an amazing oppertunity to teach a new class, it came out of the blue!

The thing with trines, we may get opportunties come up but not always be aware of the luck that has come our way. I only say this from experience wiht Jupiter in trine with my natal Saturn. I realise that I may take for granted some of the luck that comes my way, though I keep aware and grateful for everything in my life, big or small.

I cee

The Grand Water Trine is pretty hopped up on its own little world so it radiates overbloated confidence and widespread delusions. What's expressed in how people express themselves in everyday, mundane desires is really irksome to me. It feels like too many people got hit with the diva bug and hold the mentality that if they want something, they'll get it without any actual THOUGHT of how to get it or take any realistic ACTION in getting it. Water is too delusional!!

I think things will be a bit more grounded once the Sun leaves Cancer.

Well to be fair water doesn't really do 'thought' or 'action' it 'feels' its way thru and delusional I would label the negative side of fire. TJMO

And if its Diva energy, then the sun into Leo is def that squ saturn with the others following, hows that going to help 'shrug'?

(off topic, but hasn't that moggie read that book yet..............or is he jus lookin' at the pictures :) )

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I'm aware that Water naturally exists in the perpetual state of "feeling" but that's the reason of why I find the current configuration so disgusting. You can defend Water if you want, but it's delusional and all it does is "feel" its way through but doesn't do or think. Would you rather I use the fancy euphemism of "fantasy" rather than delusion to describe water? It's the same thing.

Right now there's an overbloated confidence in feelings circulating but nothing is really happening. Cancer Sun is part of the Grand Water Trine now and is not concerned about rationalizing anything. Cancer is sure of itself because it's sure of how it feels. It mistaken feelings for reality which is another big delusion. Feelings aren't facts.

Leo in Sun is dignified and will break up the Grand Water Trine which will be better because Leo is Sun is not really a diva as much as it's confident. Leo will back itself up with concrete evidence to warrant such confidence, which will cause some more energy movement.

What's a moggie? If that's some sort of cute slang for "cat," than it made me laugh!

Last edited:

I cee

I'm aware that Water naturally exists in the perpetual state of "feeling" but that's the reason of why I find the current configuration so disgusting. You can defend Water if you want, but it's delusional and all it does is "feel" its way through but doesn't do or think. Would you rather I use the fancy euphemism of "fantasy" rather than delusion to describe water? It's the same thing.

Right now there's an overbloated confidence in feelings circulating but nothing is really happening. Cancer Sun is part of the Grand Water Trine now and is not concerned about rationalizing anything. Cancer is sure of itself because it's sure of how it feels. It mistaken feelings for reality which is another big delusion. Feelings aren't facts.

Leo in Sun is dignified and will break up the Grand Water Trine which will be better because Leo is Sun is not really a diva as much as it's confident. Leo will back itself up with concrete evidence to warrant such confidence, which will cause some more energy movement.

What's a moggie? If that's some sort of cute slang for "cat," than it made me laugh!

Oh dear........

'feelings aren't fact'....no but thanks for clearing up that distinction for me.

We need ALL the elements for this world to exist, and if part of that is 'to feel' in a 'I stress' positive water way.
Then I know I am human and not a machine, but to be fair u know what 'moggie' means

Zarathu

Account Closed
Jupiter expands things...everything.

There are lots of things that we don't want Jupiter for. Usually Jupiter is there in death charts since whatever bad thing is happening will only get worse if Jupiter is involved.

There are times when you need Saturn's restriction and limitation to keep Jupiter in Balance.

M

may28gemini

Oh dear........

'feelings aren't fact'....no but thanks for clearing up that distinction for me.

We need ALL the elements for this world to exist, and if part of that is 'to feel' in a 'I stress' positive water way.
Then I know I am human and not a machine, but to be fair u know what 'moggie' means

Nope, I don't see Water in a positive light. I hate Water and what it represents and what it does. But I never said we don't need Water or that Water should get axed. I just agreed with the OP that there's TOO MUCH Water right now. I've expressed that I'm grossed out by the configuration in both my previous posts because the effects of it really is icky. 6/10 of my planets are Air so you can probably understand why I would find too much Water disgusting.

As for moggie, no I didn't know of that slang. I just looked it up and now I'm going to utilize it.

Culpeper

Premium Member
From the traditional perspective, Jupiter is never a malefic. It may disappoint by being too weak, but some of the best expectations of Jupiter are when it is in Cancer its exaltation. Nothing actually stands alone in a natal chart. There are seven traditional planets and more if you like. When difficulties occur, Mars and Saturn are the chief suspects and should be closely examined.

Neptune Rising

On the off chance, and asking during a VOC moon, does anyone have any thoughts on the Jupiter/Mars/Lilith conjunction that is soon to be exact, at 4/5 degrees Cancer? That conjunction happens in an approaching opposition to Pluto.

There is an interesting article here, about magic/power and sexuality. Famous people with this Jupiter/Lilith include Mick Jagger, Christine Keeler. We also had (in the UK) the now infamous Jimmy Savile child sex abuse scandal come out in such a BIG way, during the Jupiter/Lilith conjunction in Taurus.

Last edited:

The Ram

The Fool tarot card isn't really a negative card. It symbolizes trust, new beginnings and taking a leap of faith. It's the 1st and last card of the trumps at once, this is because the tarot trumps represent the fools journey to enlightenment but then in the end when he's finally mastered all these worldly/spiritual lessons and gained all this wisdom he has to once again take a leap of faith in order to start a new journey on a higher plane of existence. Overall it's generally positive. It can be negative, indicating folly and foolishness, but that's generally under the influence of negative cards.

The fool card isn't as bad choice for this water trine though, because (to me anyway) this trine like the Fool indicates the start of a great spiritual journey.

I think this is a great water trine Neptune in Pisces (rulership), Jupiter in Cancer (exaltation) along with a persistent and determined Saturn in Scorpio to keep us from getting too lazy. It should be a very mystical and productive time.

About The Dark Moon, I have her conjunct my Venus natally. I understand she's a pretty heavy occult plaement. I think her conjunct Jupiter and trining saturn in Scorps and Nep in Pisces should put even more magic in the air than there already is.

Last edited:

jupiterianguru

So far so good on this transit nothing really extreme good or bad has happened to me however soon it will conjunct my moon exact which is the apex of a T-Square between Jupiter and Mars so if something were to happen it would happen then when it is retrograde and goes back over it. I notice through looking over life events planets are always retrograde when major events happen.

Jupiter in my view is awesome its my favorite planet that is why I chose my screen name GURU is Sanskrit for Jupiter the dispeller of darkness as I call it.

The negative side of Jupiter is a little like Mars he can bring on religious fanaticism narrow mindedness and also excess arrogance and pushiness desire to control others, as well as violence all sorts of issues maybe the people that misuse him have bad instead of good luck and don't much like themselves. It also amplifies things for good or bad I think. I thought so far from what I read.
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Richard_Ramirez this is one case where its in its home sign first house.

The fool that is the card of the beginning of a Journey where the person has little knowledge yet they have not been corrupted either it is a positive card in my belief. A person who doesn't know much is always happy almost yet thing is you can be highly intelligent and still tap into that and be almost always happy.

Smart people are often quite unhappy and judgmental not the kind of people you would want to be around I consider myself quite intelligent but I cannot relate to those type of people. This is a lesson Jupiter teaches I think. If people would loosen up and be more happy get in touch with their inner child then they would be able to be happy again.
Ignorance and intelligence is bliss provided a person doesn't judge others and doesn't lose their innocence.

This is where intelligence comes in as a good thing if people can remain in a state of innocence (happy carefree childlike eccentric holding on to what they believe is right and being themselves playful full of laughter) that is great. All of the problems in the world would be solved if people lived in a natural state that is uncorrupted and Jupiter rules this natural state and nature the outdoors.

However he curses those who have agendas desire to control others and refuse to know the truth and live a life of ignorance until they are willing to open their mind that is just my take.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
I've witnessed some of the positive and negative areas of Jupiter in transit so I can appreciate the duality.

That Fool card (which I like it's message) can be a brilliant antidote to the seriousness of Saturn. A Jupiter transit following a Saturn one can put the spring back in your step.

astro11

I recently was in attendance at an astrologer's presentation on transits and why the trines aren't always good and squares not always bad. It is the same thing with Jupiter, although Jupiter won't tend to bring serious harm, much depends on your natal Jupiter's position. This astrologer also presented another of his findings which is that you must consider the sign planets are in and their relationship to the dignities/fall of the other planets.

To illustrate, I'll take an example from my own chart: I have Venus and the Sun in Gemini, according to him (the astrologer) Venus and the Sun don't "like" Jupiter because they are in the sign of its detriment, therefore they are not as helped by its transits. I would say this is true, I didn't receive particular benefits when these transits occurred last year and this year during those particular months when it went exact.

In contrast, I have Mars and Mercury in Cancer, this is the sign of Jupiter's exaltation, therefore Mars and Mercury "like" Jupiter and will be significantly helped by its transits, again in my life this is true. In late August/early September 2013 Jupiter was conjunct my Mars/Mercury in the 11th house exact. At this time I joined a community life group at my church and met a wonderful group of people to study with (11th) which incorporated the religious/spiritual nature of Jupiter. The discussions (Mercury/Mars) have been good so far and I have a strong feeling that these people will be very beneficial to me in terms of my spiritual growth.

Basically, the finding is that if the planet is in the sign of another person's rulership/ exaltation it will "like" that planet and will produce favourable results. If the planet is in the sign of the other planet's detriment or fall then it will "dislike" that planet and cause bad results or nothing at all.

I just found out about this technique, so I will have to research it in further depth but I thought it would be an interesting observation to see whether this is the case in other people's charts.

Last edited: