Venus in Scorpio

SecretGarden

Another interesting thing about this position is the need to be so desperately close to someone but the need to be alone as well.

We feel the need to be "one" with our object of affection, but we also need space so that we can be alone. We are extremely introverted when it comes to love. Often we won't even verbalize the fact that we are in love or the fact that we care, but we do care more than you can even imagine.

Also, once the seed is planted, it'll grow no matter what. If our interest in someone is piqued, we will hold on til the bitter end. Personally, even if I don't talk to someone for a year, if I have already developed feelings for them, then the feelings remain for that person and ONLY that person, until something bad happens or until I die!

We only love one person at a time and are incapable of having a wandering eye when in love. I don't even notice other men when I like someone.

Last edited:

SecretGarden

I`ve got Venus in Scorpio, in the 8th, part of my stellium there: Sun :conjunct: Pluto, Venus :conjunct: Mercury and Mercury :conjunct: Jupiter. :cool:
It`s really difficult to put into words such an intensity... :tongue:
Oh, forgot to mention my Scorpio Sun/Pluto in the 8th :sextile: Capricornian Moon in the 11th.

oh my WORD i just looked at your chart. Saying that you have Scorpio is an understatement! to the bolded: so so so true. so hard to verbalize even by means of the written word.

Lithuel

The whole point of this position is mystery. We don't feel the need to put our intensity on display, in fact, we prefer it to be secret and hidden.

My Moon is conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in my 1st house (w/ a Libra Ascendant), so my Scorpionic side is pretty much on display most of the time. Because of that, I don't think it's completely accurate to say that Scorpios are secretive and private. Many Scorpios are, but the key to understanding ALL scorpios (not just those in the 8th house or 12th house) is that Scorpios are obsessed with depth and mystery (perhaps being mysterious, but not necessarily; could just be a desire to uncover the mysterious, as in my case).

SecretGarden

My Moon is conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in my 1st house (w/ a Libra Ascendant), so my Scorpionic side is pretty much on display most of the time. Because of that, I don't think it's completely accurate to say that Scorpios are secretive and private. Many Scorpios are, but the key to understanding ALL scorpios (not just those in the 8th house or 12th house) is that Scorpios are obsessed with depth and mystery (perhaps being mysterious, but not necessarily; could just be a desire to uncover the mysterious, as in my case).

Well I didn't say all Scorpios, i just meant those with the Venus in Scorpio position and only when it comes to romance. Someone could have a Sun in Gemini and a Libra rising but a Venus in Scorpio which would totally confine the Scorpio to just relationships/love. I understand that they (Scorpios) are not always secret at private, but usually you are quiet secretive about love (at least initially) if you have a Venus in this position.
But I agree with you that Scorpios are obsessed with depth and mystery and uncovering hidden meanings. I have several positions in Scorpio so I can attest to that!

virgo18

Well I didn't say all Scorpios, i just meant those with the Venus in Scorpio position and only when it comes to romance. Someone could have a Sun in Gemini and a Libra rising but a Venus in Scorpio which would totally confine the Scorpio to just relationships/love. I understand that they (Scorpios) are not always secret at private, but usually you are quiet secretive about love (at least initially) if you have a Venus in this position.
But I agree with you that Scorpios are obsessed with depth and mystery and uncovering hidden meanings. I have several positions in Scorpio so I can attest to that!

Someone with Gemini Sun, can't have Venus in Scorpio, but Venus in Taurus which is pretty similar, but not as that secretive.
Alike the message you are trying to say is that someone who has Sagittarius Sun, could have Venus in Scorpio which would totally confine the scorpio to just relationships. The Sag Sun wont be inconstant and commitment-phobic in relationships as people say in general terms

People who has Scorpio Sun and Venus in Sagittarius, their relationships wont be so serious as someone who has Sagittarius Sun and Venus in Scorpio.

SecretGarden

Someone with Gemini Sun, can't have Venus in Scorpio, but Venus in Taurus which is pretty similar, but not as that secretive.
Alike the message you are trying to say is that someone who has Sagittarius Sun, could have Venus in Scorpio which would totally confine the scorpio to just relationships. The Sag Sun wont be inconstant and commitment-phobic in relationships as people say in general terms

People who has Scorpio Sun and Venus in Sagittarius, their relationships wont be so serious as someone who has Sagittarius Sun and Venus in Scorpio.

hmm...I don't know why I wrote Gemini, i meant to write Libra.
And what you explained in the above post is exactly what I was trying to say! :)

Horus

Not necessarily. In astrological terms, the Sun is more powerful than Venus so the interests and motivations of the Sag. Sun (and whatever Moon they have) would likely prevail over that of Venus. How much and to what degree depends on the rest of the chart, and where the individual is in their own personal evolution. A teenager with a Scorpion Venus will likely behave differently in love matters compared to their forties. Let's hope so. In psychological terms, the ego,will, and purpose (Sun) is most certainly involved in one's love/lust affairs and relationships so you can't accurately say that the Sun and Venus are compartmentalized with clearly defined boundaries.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I have a Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto in the first house, it rules my 8th house and I'm a libra sun libra rising

I use the mental and emotional approach. I can't stand shallow things and shallow ppl and I don't do distant relationships and if Im strictly out for one thing then I set the boundaries.

I don't really like the word intense cuz intensity ain't always good. But I do like passion and heat and I can't be in a relationship where passion doesn't exist. I feel like if it's there on a emotional level then the physical chemistry will be awesome. I don't want fireworks, I want eruptions and explosions.

I like dark colors, every since I was young I just gravitated towards dark things and colors like burgundy dark blue and black. And when I say im in to dark things I mean things ppl try to hide, the darkeside of anything.

The main thing is passion though, it is intense and it's even more intense when I like a female, the feeling is uncontrollable but somehow I maintain. On the outside, especially when I'm falling for a woman, I'm cold but inside I'm burning up.

The deemed fatale thing, I love that in a woman, a woman with some kind of edge to her, like it's dangerous to fall in love with her but I'm grounded and know that hat kind of archetype is just fanatical

suimui10

Oh wow. Venus in Scorpio here thankfully with Sun in Sag and Jup in Libra and Aqua ASC.
Mars in Aqua is in a square to my Venus, so I dig the Scorpio guys and related energy a lot.
As an Aqua rising with Uranus in the 8th house of Pluto, and a full 8th house (Jup, Pluto and Uranus in it), I am partial to Scorpio men. I find Scorpio Mars men incredibly masculine/sexy.
If they are not Scorpio and they have say their Venus in Aqua (where my Mars is) I love them but I burn up from the love. I find them too footloose!
Even my Taurus Moon likes Scorpios. :)
My Sag Sun is not very happy with all the heaviness though so I'm perpetually in fire... So I prefer well-rounded charts, as opposed to extremes.

bluewolf

I have :venus: in 8th house :cancer: near my Part of Fortune :conjunct: 8th house,with :venus: :trine: 12th house:pluto: in :scorpio:, with :venus: :sextile: :leo: at midheaven, and venus semi :sextile: :sun: in 7th house:gemini: :conjunct: :lilth:
oh and :scorpio: rising

All this including :venus: in the 8th being the Final House Dispositor (which I only recently have learned) i see how much the 8th house has control over me, or i truly have control over it!

Manipulation, sexual mystique, power struggles, the ideas of slavery and domination, letting go completely, giving in completely, etc. and its all about the question of power and what it is.

No doubt about it either, the :venus: :trine: :pluto: has giving me the knowledge of power of sexual attraction, and the power I consciously hold of it, and my awareness of it, with the extra aspects of :moon: :conjunct: :neptune:, :opposition: :venus: .

:venus: 8th house also rules my sixth house of work, because thats where :taurus: is, and I've found myself wanting to make a full fledged career in the entertainment fields using my awareness of the powers of sexual manipulation.

My :gemini::mercury::conjunct::sun: makes me not want to hide any of this awareness, but spill it onto the public in very subtle forms of artistic expression, the art of subliminal information, all for the benefit of the whole of course!

My previous awareness of my undeveloped verbal skills left me being able to string together conversations and pulling people into them like puppets in a game of mine, when all I've really done is set people up on a stage where I can learn every single thing about them in how they react to my power of suggestion. My manipulation of words has also left me in very dangerous places where I simply mention omething obvious and thats sets someone off emotionally, and i knew it would make them mad. This power usually shows its side in my love life!

Luckily I've learned through the wonders of astrology to channel the power of :venus: into the power of healing and the transformation capabilities of :scorpio: for the greater good.

For any other Venus in 8th house people, here's a fun paragraph I found about them! -- "In the bedroom, Aphrodite's magic girdle transforms into a provocative corselet (possibly black leather if Venus is aspected to Pluto). Her seductive charms find no better mode of expression than in the intimate whispers and caresses of love. Venus in the 8th people have a way of receiving and responding to others which relaxes them, making partners feel secure enough to loosen inhibitions and restraints. In this sense, those with Venus in Scorpio's natural house, whether innocently or not, entice others to give in to them. Hearts open, secrets are exposed, and bank accounts are put in their name."

and this:

Sexual merging: The chemistry of sexual union is a powerful aphrodisiac, a perfume of
lovely and delicate scent, a very magical potion. For you, it's the icing on the cake of life.
Feminine qualities are emphasized here: enfolidng, softening, receiving. Whether you are
male or female, it's your beauty that draws others toward union with you. You know how
to offer yourself to your beloved in total openness, but there are pitfalls. You can also be
seductive, presenting an alluring mask of receptivity to entrap those you wish to snare.
You can even seduce yourself into believing you're open when you're not. Remember that
sexual vanity is your enemy, not your ally. The challenge is to understand that the
aesthetic and physical pleasures of union are truly worthwhile when they occur with the
right person, at the right time, in the right setting. Under those conditions, the joy of full
release invites self-renewal.
Focused intuition: Your intuitive capabilities have a special purpose, to tap into the
vibration of personal love. You also appreciate psychic sensitivity in others. Finding it in
someone fills you with pleasure, making your inner world resonate more harmoniously.
The pitfall involves using these sensitivities in a purely self-serving manner, rather than
with mutuality, to benefit both yourself and others. The challenge is to open yourself to
the invisible worlds that exist all around us, worlds of ineffable beauty.
Shared assets: It may be that you stand to inherit money, or marry someone wealthy. In
any case, the struggle for money is something you may not understand. Even if you don't
have any money, you imagine yourself deserving of it, since you feel it to be the birthright
of your superior station. Whether you're correct or deluded, it's a consideration in all
your decisions. The pitfall lies in this attitude of complacent superiority, the tendency to
overlook real suffering and deprivation in the world. Nonchalence could inspire enmity in
others. The challenge is to use all resources to further expression of love and beauty. This
may be limited to family or friends, but it should keep expanding until you've filled the
world with love. You can be the shepherd of the open heart, whether or not you have a
dime.

Gotta love that Pluto!

Last edited:

bluewolf

I'll also bet she had Venus in Pluto!

sharon-stone-basic-instinct.jpg

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Venus in Scorpio works two ways, it's intense, cold, distant and aloof. That's when someone is insecure abou showing their feelings fearing that it won't be reciprocated or may be denies especially of it's touching Pluto. That's the bad side, some insecurities won't allow one to go forth with the passion so they turn cold showing nothing in order to control our more passionate side but that just makes things worSe.

Or you have the raw passionate and intense showing of affection that is unchained and bound to no insecurity and that is dependence and exciting. That's when the insecurity is removed and you can actually see the provocative side of Venus in Scorpio. And it is provocative because it loves to evoke strong emotions out of others and love to have them drawn out of us as well. Like a trembling volcano that's just waiting to erupt.

I like the push and pull games, not the insecure ones, but the ones that make you hungier

hermetic

Venus in Scorpio works two ways, it's intense, cold, distant and aloof. That's when someone is insecure abou showing their feelings fearing that it won't be reciprocated or may be denies especially of it's touching Pluto. That's the bad side, some insecurities won't allow one to go forth with the passion so they turn cold showing nothing in order to control our more passionate side but that just makes things worSe.

Or you have the raw passionate and intense showing of affection that is unchained and bound to no insecurity and that is dependence and exciting. That's when the insecurity is removed and you can actually see the provocative side of Venus in Scorpio. And it is provocative because it loves to evoke strong emotions out of others and love to have them drawn out of us as well. Like a trembling volcano that's just waiting to erupt.

I like the push and pull games, not the insecure ones, but the ones that make you hungier

Very good description, thanks :) may I ask your gender?

And overall, what interests me is how differently this position manifests in males versus females? I've seen this coldness and aloofness many times in males whose Venus is in Scorpio, females seem more accepting thus more provocative.

nemesis

And overall, what interests me is how differently this position manifests in males versus females? I've seen this coldness and aloofness many times in males whose Venus is in Scorpio, females seem more accepting thus more provocative.

I think that partly has to do with men not being as comfortable expressing their feelings as women are.
Also Scorpio is a feminine sign.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Very good description, thanks :) may I ask your gender?

Thank u I'm a man I got a Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto in the first house but I been on both sides of this

venus in scorpio 1987

Thanks for sharing! That's so true...
Unfortunatelly I'm in the first side but I have realized that to reach balance in life I need to overcome the isecurities and go to the second side.
That capricorn - saturn qualities are so contrasting with scorpio - pluto

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Thanks for sharing! That's so true...
Unfortunatelly I'm in the first side but I have realized that to reach balance in life I need to overcome the isecurities and go to the second side.
That capricorn - saturn qualities are so contrasting with scorpio - pluto

It gets better though. Most of the time with Venus in Scorpio you gotta go thru the bad to get to the good with Pluto period. Based on your name you prolly got Venus conjunct Pluto like me, that alone can make it difficult in the beginning. It's like being frozen by your own emotions only to be freed by pain.

I can't tell you how many genuine relationships I had that turned out bad because I was afraid to show affection. I lost girlfriends over that and who wouldn't, it's hard being with a man who never shows affection. But I wanted to, i was just frozen and blocked my own expression of love.

Learned that lesson now tho, the painful way and I wouldn't dare run from the beast when it calls now

elemental

Ahhhh yes.... so very many familiar things to read here... having Venus in Scorpio is difficult, intense and complex, but it makes life interesting!

Also, have any of you fellow Venus-in-Scorpians noticed that you can have an intense....need or drive to know someone completely, from the inside out? And you don't want to share that same intimacy any sooner than when you're satisfied you've reached a substantial depth, explored nearly to the end, of that person? I've never told someone I love them before I was absolutely sure they were madly in love with me first. There's definitely some kind of passive-aggressive power play here... I'm very ashamed to say.
But at the same time, this instinct to dig to the very bottom of someone, to up-end and uproot any issues or skeletons they may be hiding, in pain, is very ... powerful. And transformative. You can really end up helping the person explore themselves and grow in the process of you doing your own spelunking. :)
This side of me is never in the forefront, though...it's always well hidden under a cool, indifferent--yet light-hearted-- exterior. :joyful:

SagiCap

I have Venus in Scorp, opp Saturn in 9th house. It's conjunct my MC.

Do random conversations suddenly turn sexual?
I'd say often, yes. I always think in objective, yet sexual terms. I feel like a sex therapist at times. Hard to explain. I am very aware of sexual energies (intuitively) I can tell who is attracted to whom across any banquet hall, what people are really meaning when they say something, and I see things in sexual terms, but that hardly means I want to be sexual. In fact, I am extremely picky and turned off by most people.

Enjoy erotic art? Strippers? ****?
No.

Affinity for Plutonians?
Yes, especially Scorpio Suns.

Good at money making, investments; and or spending other people's money? Inheritances?
Not really. I started making money early, at 16 with various part-time jobs. Could always get a job easily upon any first interview I got.

Does everybody want you?
Yes. Hard to have relationships other than the man wanting a physical-only relationship. The few that want a relationship don't excite me.
Must the act of sex be so intense that a word to describe 'beyond merge' needs to be developed?

Tell me more about your Venus in Scorpio. Mine conjuncts Jupiter in the First.
Mine absolutely ***** and is the source of much heart-numbing pain. Mine is opp. Saturn and on my MC. SO, love is my life goal, but I'm denied love. End of story.

Last edited: