Need help with career path!

I am facing yet another lay off and I am wondering where to go from here. I have posted a link to my natal chart below and would love any assistance!

Last edited:
Hopefully this works! thanks!

kellynatalchart.gif

ashriia

I am not adept at career astrology. But I see that transit Saturn is transiting your 10th house. This often marks career changes, discovered through limitations/lessons. By the end of the transit through the 10th, you're likely to find work that is more fulfilling to who you are at this point in your life. Saturn is very karmic in nature.

It would be good to read all you can about this transit, as it's going to be around for a little while longer.

waybread

Citygirl206, I don't know what you've been doing up till now, what has been your education, or whether you have the financial flexibility to go back to school. But Uranus conjunct your MC can suggest one or more of the following: (1) a career in a Uranian type of field such as science, aviation, a futuristic field, or astrology. (2) a career subject to constant changes of direction and even disruption, (3) a career that allows you a lot of variety and diversity within your chosen vocation.

With Scorpio on your MC, we look at Pluto (modern ruler) and Mars (traditional ruler) by their locations and aspects. You have Mars in the 9th house along with Uranus, which deals with higher education, overseas travel, and various mind-broadening studies such as philosophy. If you can return (or go to) university to upgrade your job skills now might be a good time to do it. You chart suggests that you are an ambitious person, so think about what would be your next logical step to help you up your career ladder. In terms of employment, careers in the international travel industry or becoming a university employee would be consistent. Note that many university employees are not faculty, but work in various academic support services like office staff, student counseling, the library, physical plant, and so on.

Mars rules soldiers and athletes, but also doctors and surgeons.

Pluto, however, is in the 8th house, and you have a big stellium there, mostly in Virgo (as is your 7th house sun.) Mercury is very strong in its own sign of Virgo. Career-wise, the 8th house deals with investments of various kinds ("shared resources" like insurance, inheritances, and stocks.) It is kind of a secretive house that is also associated with detective work. Traditionally the 8th was the house of death, so career wise it is suitable for people in the medical profession, specifically emergency rooms, palliative care, and cancer treatments. One need not be a hands-on doctor or nurse in these areas, because there are administrative jobs in these fields.

Looking more broadly at your chart, your Aquarius rising loops back to Uranus; and then you have this big, caring moon in Cancer. It's heading into the 6th house, where your Venus is located.

So let's see if you can combine any of the above. Medical research? Science teaching overseas? Counseling university students? Helping people to make wise investments? You get the idea. I don't see just one career option for you. But with Uranus on your MC, make sure you have a lot of built-in diversity, or you will be apt to get itchy feet.

With three planets domiciled in their own signs, you have a strong chart and are capable of succeeding in the direction you choose to pursue.

ashriia

Astarot,
I got through a bit of your post. Really difficult to make sense of. She can't change the time given for the chart, it's her BIRTH Time! It's not like you can just go changing the time of your birth because you don't like the numbers involved or the aspects involved. You're born, the time is clocked in. End of story.

ukdesifem

What stood out for me here is your Uranus conjunct MC, and Venus in 6th. I believe you can go into helping professions, or professions where beautification/upliftment are key.

This has to be mixed with change, due to Uranus. Maybe bringing new methods in helping others.

waybread

Astarot, I am curious to learn what system of astrology you practice. You seem to have a mix of fixed stars, alchemy, numerology, tarot, the Bible, wordplay and the pendulum.

I don't think Citygirl206 was asking about "death stars". She just wanted some practical career advice.