Critical degrees- 29 degree planets

CapAquaPis

People who have planets in critical degrees tend be like "magical" from what I've noticed.

6 most magical 29' of the zodiac: 1. Gemini-cusp Cancer (June 21 for the sun), 2. Cancer (Millionaire's degree)-cusp Leo, 3. Leo-cusp Virgo (Pres Trump's ascendant), 4. Virgo-cusp Libra (exact middle of the astrological year and zodiacal ecliptic), 5. Sagittarius-cusp Capricorn (Dec. 21 for the Sun - my half-sister's birthdate 1970 - she happens to be a millionaire from her mother's side) and 6. Pisces-cusp Aries (end of the zodiacal or astrological year).

CapAquaPis

Famous, rich, popular, original

For my mother's natal chart - Sun Taurus (April 29, 1951), Moon cusp Aqua-Pisces and ASC cusp Sag-Cap, not sure they're exactly 29' placements. Her birth time between 11 and 11:30pm - birthplace Torrance near L.A., CA, US. Would a 29' Aquarius be a great degree placement - if not associated with money, wealth or riches, which 29' Leo (the very opposite) happens to be?

Hermeshadesluna

That's a misconception. The signs next to eachother don't blend into each other. For instance 0 degrees of any sign is considered the strongest embodiment of that sign. It doesn't have elements of the previous sign or vice-versa. 29 Pisces is nothing like 0 Aries, they are as different as you could imagine. Signs next to each other are inconjunct eachother, i.e. they have little to nothing astrologically in common, like a quincunx.

Signs of the same element sort of blend into eachother with decans. For instance, 0-10 degrees of Aries is the Aries decan of Aries, 10-20 is the Leo decan of Aries and 20-30 the Sagittarius decan. You'll often notice people of different signs but the same element sometimes looking like eachother, I believe this is a manifestation of the decans.
My bad, the anaretic degree is the culmination and the sudden release degree. Had to do more research.

HoldOrFold

So, what you are saying is that the second face of Aries is more like Leo? 3rd face is more like Sagittarius? Do you think that a 2nd decan Aries can be mistaken for a Leo?

I've noticed signs have a few signature facial types but often signs of the same element can be mistaken for eachother.

Just a few examples off the top of my head:
- Roger Federer is a Leo with a typical Leo facial type.
- Quentin Tarantino is an Aries with a cartoonish version of this Leo facial type
- Daniel Radcliff Leo with the Leo facial type
- Joquin Phoenix Moon in Aries with Leo facial type

Billie Piper (Moon Sagittarius) and Leona Lewis (Sun Aries) share a long faced, large mouthed (almost horse-like) facial sub-type I've seen in lots of Sagittarius.

I see this a lot with people I know and new people I meet of different signs of the same element. I'd have to do more research to see if this is to do with the decans, but that's my hypothesis for now since that's how the signs are said to blend into eachother in the same element.

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

So uhhhh...

I'm gonna assume these natal planets I have in anaretic degree are not all that special then, even if it has some "special emphasis". :>

Lucky for those who have it in the signs of Cancer, Leo, Capricorn etc etc. Lol I didnt even know Trump has that leo ascendant in an anaretic degree.

sandrang123

Can we talk about Aries point? I have planets at 29 degrees, too.

http://imgur.com/a/TFxpQ Would it be okay to see if there is this "emphasis" in my chart?

Hmm, high success? I don't know much successful people having that degrees. Although usually in celebrities, especially the extra famous ones, I see an Aries point in their chart. I consider that high success as well.

And what do you mean by special emphasis? Would this mean that if a planet has that emphasis, it would also affect the chart holder as a whole as well?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 32

sandrang123

I also have planets at 29 degrees, and they are, to my knowledge considered "critical degrees." They also carry a lot of weight and karmic baggage and generally signify that you are loaded with the past life energies of the house and planet. As one astrologer put it to me, think of 29 degrees as being like, "My bags are all packed, I'm ready to go, but I still can't quite leave the house...but I NEED to leave, like now..."

I'm not sure if this indicates a certain feeling of tiredness and frustration associated with the degree marker...I've probably felt that way when considering my own 29 degree placements, but there is also a certain inherited wisdom there--I absolutely believe that. In my experience people with 29 degree markers tend to come into this life with a bizarre, sometimes often even inexplainable and innate understanding of certain things. So I have 29 degrees in Jupiter on my IC and have always been fascinated with religion and philosophy from a young, young age (though am not religious in this lifetime). I've even had many dreams where I was a missionary in a foreign country (bizarre past life experiences there). I have Pluto at 29 degrees conjunct my ascendant at zero degrees, and I have, from a very early age, been fascinated with issues of death and rebirth, occult, supernatural experiences, as well as other "hidden" things. I'm also told--so says my mom!--that from a very early age I was an intense little creature with an often probing stare. LOL!

At any rate, I would look to your chart and see where your 29 degree markers are, then ask yourself how you feel about those planetary energies and house energies and look at your life experience related to those themes brought up in both. How have these energies affected you thus far? Because surely they have.

Also useful if you care to look into it, is studying Sabian Symbols as point markers.

My two cents!
Best Wishes,
Sandy

Last edited:

sandrang123

I'm not sure these degree markers are "nothing like" each other, as the wheel is cyclical. Like the Fool and the World in tarot, these markers herald the cyclical nature of lifetimes. The late markers and beginning markers represent the beginning and end and blending of energies and worlds, whether those worlds and knowledge are accessible (to the rational, knowing, "grounded-in-this-lifetime") mind or not. Also, Pisces carries with it the embodiment of ALL the signs before it, or at least aspects of them. That's what makes Pisces universal in its concerns...it's already learned the spiritual lessons of the signs before it--a journey beginning with Aries--and it brings that energy full circle, back to the next beginning.

That's a misconception. The signs next to eachother don't blend into each other. For instance 0 degrees of any sign is considered the strongest embodiment of that sign. It doesn't have elements of the previous sign or vice-versa. 29 Pisces is nothing like 0 Aries, they are as different as you could imagine. Signs next to each other are inconjunct eachother, i.e. they have little to nothing astrologically in common, like a quincunx.

Signs of the same element sort of blend into eachother with decans. For instance, 0-10 degrees of Aries is the Aries decan of Aries, 10-20 is the Leo decan of Aries and 20-30 the Sagittarius decan. You'll often notice people of different signs but the same element sometimes looking like eachother, I believe this is a manifestation of the decans.

HoldOrFold

I'm not sure these degree markers are "nothing like" each other, as the wheel is cyclical. Like the Fool and the World in tarot, these markers herald the cyclical nature of lifetimes. The late markers and beginning markers represent the beginning and end and blending of energies and worlds, whether those worlds and knowledge are accessible (to the rational, knowing, "grounded-in-this-lifetime") mind or not. Also, Pisces carries with it the embodiment of ALL the signs before it, or at least aspects of them. That's what makes Pisces universal in its concerns...it's already learned the spiritual lessons of the signs before it--a journey beginning with Aries--and it brings that energy full circle, back to the next beginning.

In terms of aspects:

- Conjunctions share everything
- Squares share modality (Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable)
- Oppositions share gender and modality
- Trines share element / gender
- Sextiles share gender
- Inconjunctions (signs next to eachother or 150 degrees apart) share none of the above qualities. So technically they are the least like eachother than any other configuration and are said to be 'in aversion' to eachother.

As for Pisces, personally, I think someone embodying all signs equally within themselves would alchemically transcend astrological phenomena. And yet Pisces still behaves like any other of the 12 signs in that it forms normal aspects to the other signs and is subject to the same astrological laws as the others. A Pisces planet will always function more harmoniously in aspect with, for example, a Cancer or Taurus planet than a Leo or Libra planet etc.

savanna

How do most view the anaretic degrees on the ascendant? Since the ascendant can change in a manner of seconds, how can we be certain that rising sign embodies the individual? Without an extremely precise time of birth, the ascendant could be in the next sign.

I think in the case of the ascendant, it is important to look at the sign of the 29 deg. ascendant and the sign following it. Looks (outward appearance) are probably more deceiving with this placement, much more so than an anaretic degree planet.

HoldOrFold

How do most view the anaretic degrees on the ascendant? Since the ascendant can change in a manner of seconds, how can we be certain that rising sign embodies the individual? Without an extremely precise time of birth, the ascendant could be in the next sign.

I think in the case of the ascendant, it is important to look at the sign of the 29 deg. ascendant and the sign following it. Looks (outward appearance) are probably more deceiving with this placement, much more so than an anaretic degree planet.

Well, the ascendant would only be in one sign regardless if the birth-time is known or not. This is where the practice of chart rectification comes in handy.

ashriia

The rising sign will embody the individual. I can vouch for that one, having a 29 deg asc. However, in this case, the ascendant has a co-ruler. That is the best way to understand the native/and analyse the chart. Its easiest to understand the native by factoring in the co-ruler and what its doing in the chart. Example; gemini 29 deg asc - mercury rules the chart, chart is co-ruled by moon.

ashriia

Special/important = they are interchangeable in this context.

Natives with 29deg planets, will have that planet play a "special/important" role in the life. What ends up happening, is by progression/transit when all the planets are where they need to be, an event will unfold related to anaretic degree planet/point. Thats when fated events occur. The planets will always be important for the native, but there is usually an event that is waiting to occur there, from what I've seen. That could be said with predictive astrology in general. But its the critical degree planet who takes the main stage, so to speak, and is therefore "special".

I'm gonna assume these natal planets I have in anaretic degree are not all that special then, even if it has some "special emphasis". :>