Is sun trine pluto in 6 degrees considered wide orb?

miquar

Hi. Personally I think it's quite wide, but worth keeping in mind. There are some things that could make it more significant. One is if the Sun doesn't make many close aspects, and so this trine becomes a relatively prominent indicator of how the Sun is integrated into the rest of the chart (though there are also other things to explore if this is the case - mainly higher harmonic charts and midpoints). Another thing is that if the Sun and Pluto both make tighter aspects to another body or node, all three get pulled together, especially if that 3rd factor sits on the direct or indirect Sun/Pluto midpoint.

Best wishes

Miquar

Osamenor

Staff member
Another factor I'd consider is whether the trine is separating or applying. The sun moves much faster than Pluto, so if the sun is six degrees earlier than an exact trine with Pluto, it's applying. If the sun is six degrees later than an exact trine, it's separating, that is, the trine has already happened.

Applying aspects in a natal chart are stronger than separating aspects, because an applying aspect will perfect by progression. Planets in a separating aspect will just get farther apart by progression. So the applying aspect will manifest much more clearly over the native's life.

Another factor I'd consider is whether the trine is separating or applying. The sun moves much faster than Pluto, so if the sun is six degrees earlier than an exact trine with Pluto, it's applying. If the sun is six degrees later than an exact trine, it's separating, that is, the trine has already happened.

Applying aspects in a natal chart are stronger than separating aspects, because an applying aspect will perfect by progression. Planets in a separating aspect will just get farther apart by progression. So the applying aspect will manifest much more clearly over the native's life.

How do i know if its applied or seperated? Is it if theres a plus next to the degrees symbol like 06'41+? Becauae i usually notice plus amd minus signs next to degree symbols.

Osamenor

Staff member
I just explained it. Is the sun approaching the spot 120 degrees away from Pluto, where the trine would be exact? Or is the sun leaving it? Because the sun is the faster moving body in this trine, it's the one we look at.

Approaching = applying. Leaving = separating.

AppLeo

6 degrees is a pretty wide orb.

If the Sun is a smaller degree than Pluto, then the aspect is applying. If the Sun is a larger degree than Pluto, then the aspect is separating.

6 degrees is a pretty wide orb.

If the Sun is a smaller degree than Pluto, then the aspect is applying. If the Sun is a larger degree than Pluto, then the aspect is separating.

Ah okay i see, so then its applied in my case.. i didnt quite understand at first so glad to have u reiterate

JUPITERASC

22 Pluto Sagittarius was 15 years ago...**** we're getting old Jupiter
Cheer up - so is everyone else :smile:
also Vettius Valens is even older

notice

the following data posted by the OP on another thread
with the same question
clearly shows
OP is twenty or thereabouts
because
JUPITER SATURN ARIES conjunction
plus those other planetary locations
could only have occurred end July 1996

FOR THOSE WITH NO EPHEMERIS
FREE 9000 YEAR EPHEMERIS FILES ONLINE AT

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm
My Sun is in Leo in the 3rd house trine pluto in the 6th in saggitarius. At 6 degree orb. Im trying to see how this aspect manifests.

Sun leo
Moon capricorn
Mercury leo
Venus gemini
Mars cancer
Jupiter aries R
Saturn aries R
Uranus Aquarius R
Neptune Capricorn R
Pluto saggitarius R
Lilith leo

R= Retrograde

[note: merged duplicate threads - Moderator]

conspiracy theorist

Cheer up - so is everyone else :smile:
also Vettius Valens is even older

notice

the following data posted by the OP on another thread
with the same question
clearly shows
OP is twenty or thereabouts
because
JUPITER SATURN ARIES conjunction
plus those other planetary locations
could only have occurred end July 1996

FOR THOSE WITH NO EPHEMERIS
FREE 9000 YEAR EPHEMERIS FILES ONLINE AT

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

So the OP provided false information about
His Pluto placement? :smile:

Osamenor

Staff member
I think what the OP did was mistake minutes for degrees. In July 1996, when the sun was at 6 degrees Leo, Pluto was at 0 degrees 22 minutes Sagittarius.

That makes it a separating trine, not an applying one.

Osamenor

Staff member
Forgot to mention: if you have a chart from Astrodienst, with the aspect grid they give you along with the chart, they tell you whether the aspect is separating or applying in the grid. If it's separating, it has an S, and if it's applying, it has an A.

The plus and minus signs tell you how many degrees it is from an exact aspect, but that alone doesn't tell you whether it's separating or applying.

If sun is at 6 Leo and Pluto at 0 Sagittarius, the aspect grid would say -6S. The sun and Pluto are 114 degrees apart, which is 6 less than 120, which is why it's a minus. But an aspect could be + however many degrees and still be separating. If the sun were at 6 Aries instead of Leo, with Pluto in the same position, it would be separating at +6, with the sun 126 degrees away from Pluto.

Last edited:

graay ghost

Everyone is saying 6 degrees Sun Pluto is a wide orb but the Sun is typically given a wider orb than any other planet, except maybe the moon. I've heard aspects apply to the Sun as long as they're within 10 degrees from many. In which case 6 degrees is more of a medium-sized orb, probably less significant if it's separating than if it was applying.

miquar

About applying and separating aspects. Yes, with an applying aspect it perfects by progression; but this separating aspect perfects by transit, and a Pluto transit to the natal Sun during infancy may be strongly felt.