Fixed Star 26TAU10 ALGOL

Jucy

I am again resurrecting this thread. I took a while to read most of it today, and am develpoing a new respect (and perhaps even an understanding) of Algol.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have Algol around 20' from my natal Pallas Athene in 5th house. Yes, I am good at recognising patterns (I taught Maths), but I also `behead' all my creative endeavours - just because I can, and for no reason that I can recognise at the time. I just become overwhelmed by a kind of boredom, and decide to end the project.
One of my sons has Algol just over 1 degree from his DC in his 7th house. He has often been on the receiving end of violence from other men, most of it (apparently) completely random and unplanned. Other men see him and want to kill him!! His pattern in relationships with women is that after they declare they will love him always, they then cheat on him and reject him. The mother of his child, with whom he had been in a relationship for almost 3 years, ended their relationship by text message.

I am writing this post in reply to Serafin5's post re Moon conjunct Algol. I was looking through my saved charts and discovered that the birth chart of Azaria Chamberlain (the 10 week old baby who was taken by a dingo in Australia in 1980) had Moon conjunct Algol natally (with an orb of just over one and a half degrees. The Crown prosecutor couldn't see how a dingo could have taken her, so the child's mother, Lindy, was found guilty and gaoled (later released and pardoned) for the baby's murder.

Hello, at 20° you would have Capulus.

I'm sorry to hear of the terrible things that occurred to your son. Your son's experiences make sense since his Algol is in the house of projections, mirrors, others -- the 7th. He can exorcise the energy through conscious awareness, and to express his own Algol constructively. He may have been attracting others to do it "for" him. Does this make sense?

Jucy

Originally Posted by demetraceres
http://www.ye-stars.com/oldalgol.htm

These examples demonstrate that having Algol represented on a chart does not necessarily mean that you will inflict, or be the victim of, horror and mayhem...but that you will be aware of the depths of suffering that can occur, whether through human depravity or "Acts of God"; and you will not be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside; your life path will require that you come to terms with that level of experience. A jounalist might be assigned to cover tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort the victims and their families. A black child might hear of the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work in a trauma center (the medical term for the study of pain is "Algolology"!). The Algol placement on a chart insists upon a confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion, war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be dealt with under Medusa.

I like how you've mentioned / expressed this!

Also, everyone has Algol in their chart. It might not be conjunct anything; however, if anyone looked at the house, where Algol resides, they would get a better understanding as to how it manifests.

R4VEN

Hello, at 20° you would have Capulus.

I'm sorry to hear of the terrible things that occurred to your son. Your son's experiences make sense since his Algol is in the house of projections, mirrors, others -- the 7th. He can exorcise the energy through conscious awareness, and to express his own Algol constructively. He may have been attracting others to do it "for" him. Does this make sense?
Yes, that makes sense. He is a wise soul, and is able to suss this out.

I also said I have Algol 20' (i.e. less than half a degree) from Pallas Athene by conjunction. (I think you misunderstood what I stated in my post.) The Algol-Pallas Athene conjunction quite closely squares my natal Saturn (which is my chart ruler) and a harsh parent it has been. Thus, I suspect that I often express my Saturn thorugh this square. An understanding of this has been necessary in order for me to stop the `beheading' of my creative projects.

SirHorns

I have a Moon in Taurus 26
So it's Conjunct Algol.
I thought it was Conjunct Capulus as well but wait, it's 20degrees not 25?

ALRESCHA

Capulus sits at 24TAU12

Angelina Jolie has Algol conjunct part of fortune.

Me too... mine's at 28 degrees TAU. There were times when I was unbelievably lucky, even tho people say my life was always hard. I feel blessed despite.

But one time I met a person whose Lilith conjuncts Algol and a series of terrible, unfortunate events begun for me. I hope that for the future it's got no more misfortune up it's sleeve for me.

My Sun opposes it too... I have to deal with so many bad situations, but I am proud to be the polar opposite of evil :biggrin:

Cold Fusion

Here's a composite chart for you brainstormer's out there:

It's a person and a book, the book is about him.

picture.php

With Mars: or if Mars be elevated above the luminaries when Algol is angular, the native will be a murderer who will come to an untimely end. The same is caused by Algol angular or with the hyleg. [Robson*, p.124.]

Last edited:

Lion o ness

I have searched and searched on astro.com under the number dictionary for fixed stars/asteroids for Algol and I cannot find it; can you please tell me what to type in?

It's fixed star, it's at 26taurus for everyone.

You can click add some fixed stars, near the add lines to all option.
It shows in purple.

Bunraku

It is a composite chart of the most evil person to have ever lived and an episode of a T.V. show.

And a TV show?

Interesting that Jupiter and Uranus are heading towards Algol and escaping the opposition from Sun and Mercury. Do you have a chart of the airing/broadcasting time of the TV show?

If this was a birth chart, I'd like to meet the person born with it.
But now that you've got me talking about the 80s, the charts of that time have the most interesting combinations of planets I've seen so far.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Interesting, the movie The Ten Commandments and the satanic book Satan Speaks:

A verse from the bible:

John 8:44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Algol
With Mars: or if Mars be elevated above the luminaries when Algol is angular, the native will be a murderer who will come to an untimely end. The same is caused by Algol angular or with the hyleg. [Robson*, p.124.]

astro_621gw_182_298_the_ten_commandments_satan_speaks.68973.21742_zps6c4exakb.gif

JUPITERASC

What is significance of ALGOL conjuncting my Natal Moon? Any thoughts?

Serafin5
Transiting Moon conjuncts ALGOL once every month :smile:
so then
there are literally tens of hundreds of millions of people with ALGOL conjunct Natal Moon

better to consider the chart as a whole
rather than focusing on one aspect to the exclusion of all others