karma for ditching a lover's faith ??

Mark

Karma is generally "tit for tat," which means "one for one." It's quite similar to the idea of "an eye for an eye." Karma is not the way that life should be lived nor understood, but it is the way chosen by most humans. Karma is only one law of many and Grace could be chosen to replace it. Anyway, it is important to remember that no event ever happens in a vacuum. There's always a reason for every decision. Motivation, reasoning, and consequences are karmic considerations. If a wife were beaten and abused by her husband, then only a fool would be surprised when she leaves him. Would she be selfish to save herself? Or was he selfish to make her miserable? There are many different ways of analysing it, but I would not be surprised by it at all. That's a natural progression of events. In this example, the first selfishness would belong to the husband.

Why a relationship ends is very important in terms of karma. Two different people can commit the same act but receive completely different karma. It's all about intention. Did you intend to save yourself? Or did you intend to make things better for yourself by making things worse for him? Was the choice between happiness and slavery? Or was the choice between service and selfishness? Only you can know your own karma because only you truly know why you do what you do.

To keep things in perspective, we also need to understand that not every relationship is supposed to last forever, but people are rarely ready to let go. Most commonly, one person is ready to let go long before the other one. What future is being undone by the choices? What future is being built? What are all the alternatives? There are so many questions that must be asked in order to understand any karmic event. If you are truly honest with yourself, you already know the answers.

Mark

Both of you will have karma. If he gets hung up on this event and it shapes his life, there will be bigger karma. The same goes for you. Every major event in life (and most minor events) will involve and create karma. Karma is like Universal memory. No matter how many lives you live, there is a record of everything that happened. There is an objective record of what actually happened, but there is also a subjective record of what each individual experienced, including all the thoughts, reasons, emotions, and so forth. Because karma is like Universal memory, your soul (the "real" you) will always be able to remember where you've been and what you've done. So, what do you really feel like you deserve? What does he deserve? Knowing that the "real" you will always be able to remember the things you do now, what would you think of yourself later? What kind of person would you be proud to be?

waybread

I have to ask, whether you really care about karma, or if this is just a way of sublimating considerable upset, heartbreak, and frustration?

As a westerner, I don't know that I believe in karma, but my understanding of it is that there is some possibility that the guy who got ditched might have been Mr. "Love Ler and Leave Her" in past lifetimes. Consequently, in this lifetime, his soul reincarnated as someone who would experience the heartbreak of being on the receiving end. Similarly, the girl might have been the victim of nasty break-ups in the past, and sort of messed up her life by constantly feeling sorry for herself. Consequently, she reincarnates as the ditcher, rather than the ditchee, so that she gains more understanding and compassion for what causes people to dump their BF/GF.

Or think through some additional permutations. You never know. Maybe each of you is starting with a clean slate, and the universe is looking to see how you will respond.

But the answer is always the same. This isn't about her or your fragile ego. It is about life as a learning and growing experience. Oftentimes the biggest growth comes from letting go of our attachments.

Do you want to post your charts? Just for example, if someone has Uranus in the 7th, Aquarius on the cusp of the 7th, or a harsh aspect from Uranus to the ruler of the sign on the 7th, this could indicate a habit of relationships that begin and end suddenly. Or ditto with Neptune. Now you see it, now you don't.

JUPITERASC

'Karma' means 'action'. If there is action, there is result.

Each individual experiences the results of their actions (karma).

Actions (karma) can be spiritual, mental, physical or any combination of those. :smile:

waybread

It looks like the two of you are not the best match-up on the planet; and also that both of you are subject to sudden mood changes, even outbursts of anger. If we put these two interpretations together, I think you both are better off with other people, no matter how painful your break-up might be at the moment.

As I said (coming from the US and now living in Canada) I don't know if I believe in karma, although many westerners have adopted this belief in various forms. So I will just give your charts a plain reading in the here and now.

In synastry (chart comparisons) I would look at favourable aspects between two people's paired suns, moons, and Mars-Venus and Venus-Mars. Ideally we look for conjunctions, sextiles, or trines; meaning the planet pairs are at roughly the same degree, or roughly 60 or 120 degrees apart. With difficult aspects (square, 90 degrees) or the opposition (180), the two people definitely connect (and sometimes opposites do attract) but the relationship is apt to be stressful rather than easy-going.

So in your two charts, your suns square, your moons are opposite, your Venus squares her Mars, and your Mars makes no close aspect to her Venus. We can look at inter-aspects between these planets, as well as aspects involving other planets; but the above pairs are the most fundamental.

Then both of you have some difficult aspects to your moons within your own horoscopes, which indicate one's feelings and emotions. You both have moon-Uranus contacts, suggesting sudden changes of feeling. These can be hard on a relationship that is under a certain amount of stress to begin with. A "lover's quarrel" can escalate without some underlying sympathy to hold the relationship together.

In terms of how to prevent a painful break-up with someone else in the future, I can only suggest that you look for someone who is a batter match with you to begin with; and that you work very hard to control your temper when inevitable conflicts arise within a relationship. With your sun, Mercury, and Jupiter in Pisces and your Libra rising, your natural tendencies would seem to be that of an adaptive peace-maker; yet you have another side, which is one of sudden outbursts of anger (Mars conjunct Uranus opposite moon.) Possibly you don't stand up for what you want in a relationship-- until you are pushed too far. With your Venus conjunct your 7th house cusp in Aries, you admire independent and even courageous women; yet such a person may not be the most sensitive individual where other people's feelings are concerned. And you appear to be a very sensitive person!

For sure if DG said anything about why she wanted to end the relationship, I would pay close attention to it. Some things you can't change, but perhaps some things you can.

Fortunately time is on your side, and you still have many opportunities to meet new women who are more compatible with you. Good luck!

Mark

I don't want to disrupt any constructive conversation, but I feel the need to dispel one common misconception about karma. When a pair of people hurt each other and need understanding, they will reincarnate in such a situation that they each get to experience the "other side of the fence." The catch is that this "leveling" experience does NOT create neutral balance. It creates the destiny for a third meeting, then a fourth, and a fifth. Karma cycles indefinitely and that is why it is called the "Wheel of Suffering." The only way to break the cycle is to transcend the karma. This is what I referred to above as the "Law of Grace." As long as you are engaged in karma, you are destined to keep repeating the same things over and over.

Which are you more likely to do: completely new things that you've never done before or the same things that you've always done before?

JUPITERASC

I don't want to disrupt any constructive conversation, but I feel the need to dispel one common misconception about karma. When a pair of people hurt each other and need understanding, they will reincarnate in such a situation that they each get to experience the "other side of the fence." The catch is that this "leveling" experience does NOT create neutral balance. It creates the destiny for a third meeting, then a fourth, and a fifth. Karma cycles indefinitely and that is why it is called the "Wheel of Suffering." The only way to break the cycle is to transcend the karma. This is what I referred to above as the "Law of Grace." As long as you are engaged in karma, you are destined to keep repeating the same things over and over.

Which are you more likely to do: completely new things that you've never done before or the same things that you've always done before?
Well said - change is challenging :smile:

I would like to know, what would be the karma associated for a girl who causes mental agony to her boyfriend by ditching him?

or vice versa for a boy who ditches her girlfriend ??

karma can be seen with N Node and saturn mainly but really you seem more concerned with *synastry* and why this relationship hasn't worked and whose fault it was. why does it have to be anyone's fault??

You should consider posting a synastry bi wheel but remember to reduce the orb ratio down to 40% as the max orb allowed is 3' between planets

Relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

There are NO Nodal contacts..

In the male chart libra rising can be a sweet talking charmer, but is at odds with sun/mercury pisces, so finding it difficult to show,express these qualities as they are quincunxed signs. Chart ruler venus in aries is selfish me first attitude. Venus square Neptune is rose tinted glasses in romance and finances, overidealising, day dreaming and fantasising to much

mercury square mars and uranus is a very quick mind, poss talks quickly but adds argumentativeness.
Sun square moon = divorced parents, sun square mars shows a wilful desire to control others, sun square uranus adds impatience and wanting to do unsual things to feed the ego/pride. Sun square neptune shows no clear self image most prominent in teenage years
mars conj uranus shows bad temper

produces an unrestricted, forceful, and energetic nature. You play by your own rules and resist compliance to any controls of society. Your impulsiveness can present any number of problems, but you continue to insist on complete freedom of action. You insist on having your way. You have a strong inclination to experiment and test your theories as you go along. A reasonable degree of prudence is often lacking in your actions. You are likely to face roadblocks unless you can attain some position in which you are completely in charge.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#macur

Uranus in 3rd House - cadent house
· Humanity and social idealism will be prominent both in thought and discussions.
· They will have an unusual intuitive mind. Unconventional ones, will need mental stimulation and ­education for advancement. Interrupted early education quite possible
· Odd siblings. Unusual car.
· Great mental restlessness. Keen and alert mind but lacking in concentration.
· Sudden and unexpected urges to travel may keep this individual on the move.
· Upsets where brothers and sisters are concerned.
· Apt to feel bit like an alien in his home environment. Upsets in home life in growing up years can cause suffering especially if Uranus is afflicted.
· Dare to challenge existing educational and community facilities and policies. Welcome the collapse of outdated ideas rather than becoming a victim of them.
Neptune in 3rd House – cadent house
How you think ‑ ideas (Cadent house). True inspiration and keep this to yourself! Spiritual experiences ‑ mental things you won't want to speak about. Very good imagination with possible uses such as writing books, fairy stories, romance stories. Called to make sacrifices for siblings. Possibly never had time to be a child. Dyslexia possible ‑ foggy and woolly mindedness ‑ head in clouds if badly aspected. Clear in your mind as to what you want to say, but doesn't come out how you mean it to! Procrastinate ‑ will put things off ‑ worry about it tomorrow attitude. Capacity for visualisation is often well developed. Musical. Telepathic tendencies. Inclined to study occult and mystical subjects. You feel you must share your knowledge impartially and act as a panel for information.

Of course these are *generalised statements* what else can you say when not talking specifics??

Considering YOU don't use these planets inanyevent, why do YOU feel qualified to comment on them?? being a Traditional astrologer :surprised:

Uranus is well known for upsetting the status quo, for disrutpions, upheavals
The sign position of Uranus indicates our restlessness and what for us is individual, modern and thrilling. The house position of Uranus indicates where we desire free expression, seek to be different, and where things get turned upside down! Shocks, surprises, upheavals, freedom, independence. Uranus being a higher octave of mercury, like Neptune is a higher octave of venus. The house Uranus is in is where we seek to be different, want free expressions and where things get turned upside down.

It frees you from the ruts in which you may be comfortably ensconced in order to bring new growth, new expansion and new experiences. So posited in 3rd house HAS to do with communications, siblings, basic education, short distance travel. So it's not THAT much of a stretch to link Uranus to the mind, communications and travel

neptune keywords....
Artistic, emotional, sensitive, mediumistic, wandering, ­sentimental, subtle, deceptive, subversive, imaginative, rhythmic, spirituality, unstable, sacrifice, head in the clouds.

Rules Drugs of all types , alcohol, tobacco, heroin, ether & anaesthetic, Gas lighting. Anything elusive, water has to be put in pipes.

Wherever your Neptune is, "is where you carry your cross and where you will be called upon to make a sacrifice!". True sacrifices are never usually recognised, or else they could turn into martyrdom!

so again being in the house of MIND and communications, *without considering aspects* from these planets then, just planets in houses.There is obviously a higher and lower vibrational energies for ALL planets and I was pointing out *themes* that should be applicable for this member

waybread

Somewhere, while reading between the lines, I seem to understand that you suggest that it is always men who are assumed to have been the "bad guy" in the past and not the women. Can it not be the woman's fault too ??

Can women not be equally vicious too, if not more ??

Who said anything about people being vicious??:surprised: Not me!

Rather, I understand that you experienced your split-up as painful. Most people would like to prevent a replay of painful experiences.

I simply don't see you and your ex GF as particularly compatible. In which case, maybe nobody has behaved unethically, no matter how painful the break-up might be.

Since it sounds like it was your GF's decision to leave the relationship, I simply recommend that you review in your mind any reasons she might have given.

I mean, let's suppose that you were the one to end the relationship, because you frequently argued and you didn't want to continue a relationship that was based upon stress. If your GF submitted a post like you did, I would recommend the same thing. If you had told her you couldn't stand stress and arguing yet she ignored what you said, then she might beneficially reflect on what you told her and learn something helpful for her next relationship.

That's all!

BTW, letting go of one's ego investment is a huge help when one is in a state of emotional anguish.

JUPITERASC

I would like to know, what would be the karma associated for a girl who causes mental agony to her boyfriend by ditching him? or vice versa for a boy who ditches her girlfriend ??

hi catiimregistration as I understand your question, you are concerned regarding potential karma related to your recent relationship problems :smile:
Mark gave a good answer
when he said
Both of you will have karma.
Karma means 'action'

For every action there is a reaction :smile:

wilsontc

Staff member
Back on topic, to all

All,

Please get back on topic. Of course any person's astrological interpretation could be applied to lots of other people but that doesn't make it an invalid astrological interpretation. If you are going to disagree with an astrological interpretation use an astrological point of view. Keep all comments astrological and focused on the original poster. I will continue to remove any more personally attacking comments.

Back on subject,

Tim

Neptune Rising

To keep it as simple as I can (I'll try not to waffle too much), the energy behind karma I feel is beyond a mortal's ability to interpret it. Its a Universal energy that is beyond the grasp of a human ego. Universal homeostasis, everything finds a way to balance and its an eternal motion. I don't think anyone human can determine what karma, or effect, will occur because of another person's actions or inactions. Besides the human's tendancy to project, either consciously or unconscious, onto their external world, to try and predict a karmic outcome is getting the human ego involved, unless you are a holy elightened person...

Last edited: