Covid-19: how are you responding?

Hkk

Account Closed
Actually we have them here as well. Large and even smaller supermarkets.
Not only that, because we are in a low density agricultural area, we have organise volunteers, anyone in need can call and we will do their food shopping for them and home deliver, or if they need medicinals.

That’s amazing 😇

Opal

Premium Member
Someone asked somewhere how my elderly friends are doing. I can’t find the post.

They are all well thus far.

There is one little one though that is very upset. One has a dog, that is used to me taking for a walk. He is totally upset. He doesn’t understand why I put things at the door and don’t come in. He cries. He knows the sound of my truck. Poor little guy.

Hopefully I can take him for a walk soon.

Osamenor

Staff member
Hopefully I can take him for a walk soon.

Your shutdown must be more severe than ours, if you can't take your friend's dog for a walk. We're in lockdown here, but walking dogs is still allowed (has to be--most homes in this city don't have yards, so where else will a dog do what it has to?). If you have an ill or at risk friend and they have a dog, walking it is a great way to help them.

Hkk

Account Closed
I’ve heard on the news that a cat was diagnosed with Covid and two dogs. The cat died and they found traces of corona virus in him

Hkk

Account Closed
I was shocked to see as earlier I had read that let’s are immune to it but then as it’s such a new disease/virus who knows how much it affects. The docs etc can only go by what’s happening right now and stats. I must say I have a lot of respect for these people going out day in day out helping and risking their own lives. U.K. government have announced they are giving millions of protective clothing etc out now. I still feel the worlds should work together

Hkk

Account Closed
creatures can carry disease without being harmed by them in some cases.

Yes, I was worried about birds and other non humans dying everywhere but thank god that is not the case. As we don’t know the route of this it’s just worrying.

david starling

creatures can carry disease without being harmed by them in some cases.

We're creatures too, y'know! Most of us won't be physically harmed by Covid-19, but many of us are "carriers", who can infect those whose immune systems are unable to withstand it.

I find the current compassion for the elderly and most vulnerable, attempting to shield them from harm, an unprecedented act of kindness and generosity. One Love.

david starling

Petro-chemical pollution from previous advancements in technology correlates to all kinds of diseases, including cancers and heart ailments. What I am trying to say is, that like all the creatures on Earth, we're dependent on Nature. Saturn's lesson: Mess with Nature, then face the dire consequences.

waybread

Waybread, r u from USA? Do they not do online delivery in supermarkets over there?

I am a US citizen currently living in Canada, with Canada as my second citizenship. Most of my family is in the US, however. We used to get down to the US pretty often, but not now, unfortunately.

I think it's a patchwork. My niece is a professional baker in a small city in Montana. The bakery tried to do a take-out service but customers were still staying home. Apparently the owners looked into a delivery service (which was fully booked) but decided just to shut the place down. So she's furloughed.

My sister and brother-in-law in a Chicago suburb still seem to be driving to get their groceries inside the supermarket.

My son & family in Colorado had already been using an on-line order & drive-up pick-up service at a local supermarket, so it's good that the store already had this in place.

Not sure about the others.

Opal

Premium Member
Your shutdown must be more severe than ours, if you can't take your friend's dog for a walk. We're in lockdown here, but walking dogs is still allowed (has to be--most homes in this city don't have yards, so where else will a dog do what it has to?). If you have an ill or at risk friend and they have a dog, walking it is a great way to help them.

She is 80. She crushed her shoulder socket in November last. She is American living in Canada, watches American news. Her son calls her and riles up her paranoia, she will let me bring her stuff, and I follow her criteria, because she is a friend. We can walk our dogs here, social distancing, it is just she is very concerned. Tomorrow I am going to wash her vehicle and fill it with gas. Maybe she will let me walk him. Paranoias can restrict life too.

Opal

Premium Member
Petro-chemical pollution from previous advancements in technology correlates to all kinds of diseases, including cancers and heart ailments. What I am trying to say is, that like all the creatures on Earth, we're dependent on Nature. Saturn's lesson: Mess with Nature, then face the dire consequences.

Immune deficiency disorders.

CapAquaPis

Saturn Pluto conjunction in 22-23' Capricorn last Jan, the malefic degrees and in a morbid sign like Capricorn, conjunct sun, moon, Mars and Jupiter including the south Node.

Astrology tries to predict the future, but most of us weren't sure what does this dark conjunction was telling us. All I know is the world will get past the peak of covid19 and humanity will grow stronger against a wave of pandemic, there is still hope .

CapAquaPis

We will go back to a time we don't fear going outside, have plenty of freedom and it's not complicated in my grocery store job with many new rules to keep us safe. I'll wait until health Dept and government officials give a signal to announce the pandemic is over.

Last edited:

david starling

We will go back to a time we don't fear going outside, have plenty of freedom and it's not complicated in my grocery store job with many new rules to keep us safe. I'll wait until health Dept and government officials give a signal to announce the pandemic is over.

Trump's "health officials" ? :sideways:

waybread

My son, daughter-in-law, and little grandson have been sheltering in place in their home in the mountains of Colorado. He texted me this morning that he's come down with a sore throat and fever. No cough to date, but since he's asthmatic and has lost a lot of his lung capacity I am concerned. We're all hoping that it's *just* the flu.