Venus square Saturn in a man's chart

To see what sort if woman a man is attracted to, you look at his moon and venus. So my question is if he has venus square saturn (sun conjunct venus in Virgo) he may attract someone with a venus square saturn?
Otherwise how would this aspect play out in a man's chart?
I'd appreciate any insight, I myself have this aspect and it generally makes me feel inadequate, insecure and not good enough although as I get older I'm dealing with it better. I've read whatever saturn touches it delays development.

virgo18

To see what sort if woman a man is attracted to, you look at his moon and venus. So my question is if he has venus square saturn (sun conjunct venus in Virgo) he may attract someone with a venus square saturn?
Otherwise how would this aspect play out in a man's chart?
I'd appreciate any insight, I myself have this aspect and it generally makes me feel inadequate, insecure and not good enough although as I get older I'm dealing with it better. I've read whatever saturn touches it delays development.

In general:
Low self worth
Blockages expressing romantic desires
sometimes desire for people who is unavailable

As for women he feels attracted to:
- Over critical women
- who are disciplined themselves
- who play hard to get
- who act more mature than their age
- B"tches perhaps

He can be also over critical and exacting with women

Great insight, thanks very much Virgo18, I'm guessing you're a Virgo sun yourself, so you'd have a few ideas about how his whole sun/venus in Virgo square saturn plays out?

Flapjacks

You should probably post his whole chart if you want a reading on how this aspect affects him personally. You can't use a one-size-fits-all here and expect it to be accurate to specific person.

serafin5

You should probably post his whole chart if you want a reading on how this aspect affects him personally. You can't use a one-size-fits-all here and expect it to be accurate to specific person.

I agree. However, Sammi I did look up this aspect and found a really good site with in-depth answers to these kind of questions at www.cafeastrogy.com. It seems on the whole there may be issues such as settling for less, situations where one is waiting (for their loved one), unrequited love(s), and attractions to older men/women.

This same site has some really great articles/reports on synastry that may also be helpful.

Good luck and God bless!
S5

I love cafe astrology serafin, I was just curious about venus in a man's chart and whether they project their venus characteristics onto the women they attract. I know what venus square saturn (Aries) feels like but is it the same for a guy?
I will attempt to post his chart, as I haven't done it before?

Yes I've attached his file, very keen to hear any insight into his love nature!
Big thank you in advance

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    162.8 KB · Views: 68
They like women who are total b'tches . Physically all men with Venus-Saturn like skinny b'tches too. Not being stupid , just being blunt . I don't sugarcoat shxt .

kimbermoon

The aspect itself does not really apply to the type he will be looking for, it shows the disappointments, conflicts and setbacks he may experience in relationships. I would resist the idea of a person becoming attached with someone who has the same square as himself; rather he would instinctively look for someone to offset that challenge within himself. It is the sign influence of his Moon, Venus and Mars [combined] that will show his desires,expectations and needs in relationship; what he may consciously look for in connecting with others; in contrast, the aspects define his own subconscious plus or minuses in relationships.
Saturn = maturity, age: he might often look for someone younger or older, based on their social status and position; relationships later in life would be more solid and stable. A balance of maturity would be required in this case to avoid discord. The square might imply a lack of maturity in one party or the other that generates problems. Yes delays in relationships would be in store for him.
In either case, Venus also relates to expectations in relationships, and can indicate distorted, or unrealistic expectations- putting the other person on a pedestal- only to be disappointed in the long run. IF he suffers low self esteem and insecurity, he would be looking for someone who is protective and caring for him; perhaps something of the mothering type. Relational attractions are based on more than just Venus. Mars will show his energy expression in establishing relationships, as well as his inner desires; Venus/Saturn can be more retentive or hesitant in making his feelings known, and he may have difficulty expressing affection openly, so he would be looking for someone who will be more assertive in engaging him in a relationship. Often the Moon will show his innermost desires in a relationship.

serafin5

I love cafe astrology serafin, I was just curious about venus in a man's chart and whether they project their venus characteristics onto the women they attract. I know what venus square saturn (Aries) feels like but is it the same for a guy?
I will attempt to post his chart, as I haven't done it before?

Fair enough but forgive me if I'm wrong but I have always thought that aspects more or less worked basically the same for male and female. You've given me food for thought and I thank ye kindly.:biggrin:

S5

Iced8Ace

I also think the aspect may make a man too business oriented, since Venus rules business. The man without a wife to come home to, in that sense. Then again this is a generalization since there is no chart, but I do recall knowing a man with this placement who has gone into business and is still single.

Much of what has been said is true; I can add no further info. I am unsure about looking for people who mirror your inner conflicts but I do see this happen often (see hard-aspected plutonian people). I think it could be a mix of wanting to be understood and moving together with someone. Yet in that same design lies the conflict of standing still... which many people do out of comfort. I very well say it is possible because people would like to accept themselves (we project ourselves onto others) than deny themselves.

Kernowerno

...I would resist the idea of a person becoming attached with someone who has the same square as himself; rather he would instinctively look for someone to offset that challenge within himself. It is the sign influence of his Moon, Venus and Mars ....
Had to giggle when I read this Kimbermoon. I've just recently fallen for a woman 20 years my junior (I've always been single, still am) harder than I've fallen for anyone before. She has Venus square Saturn & I have Venus square Saturn. What's more, her Venus is opposite my Saturn, and obviously the same the other way round, meaning our Saturn's are square, as are our Venus'. We met at work and we hit it off straight away, but she is in another relationship (falling for unavailable people :), so that pretty much put paid to that. However, there are lots of other synastic (is that even a word? it should be) contacts between us which no doubt, in my mind anyway, point to significant attraction. I've been so smitten with her that it's almost obsessive (Scorpio Moon/Neptune conj.), and although we no longer see each other as I don't work with her any more, I'm having a dreadful time 'getting over' it. I've posted two posts in the 'Read My Chart' forum with the charts ("Why Aren't We Connecting?" and "Karmic meeting, or just coincidence") to see if anyone can point to the nature of our meeting, I'm sure there's karma involved, but I'm so lost in the thing I can't see clearly. Why don't you have a go :confused:. Also, the idea that Venus hard aspect Saturn people fall for people much older or younger is definitely borne out in my case, obviously in this new development but also when I was 21 I fell for a woman in her mid 40's who I spent 3 years with & going on a very cosmic journey together - ironically, getting together the same year the woman I'm now smitten with was born. Crazy!?

Last edited:

Kernowerno

They like women who are total b'tches . Physically all men with Venus-Saturn like skinny b'tches too. Not being stupid , just being blunt . I don't sugarcoat shxt .

Have to say that's the reason I'm still single, I've often hooked up with women who hate men :surprised:, and you're dead right, I love skinny women, but I'm also attracted to women with curves, must be the artist in me going for the 'classical' renaissance look, but if I had a choice, it'd be skinny b*&^es every time. Not being blunt, just sayin', I have a very sweet tooth and LOVE things sugar coated :lol:

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Indeed the Venus sq Saturn seems quite obvious in your case; connecting with different age groups and being attracted to persons 'otherwise engaged'. In my own case, I did not experience these things but instead experienced hardships,setbacks and disappointments in relationships. When we note all the energies working at cross purposes in your chart it is hard to imagine how you maintain any sense of balance.
Your relationship chemistry is very complex: Right away we see the paradoxical interplay between your Sun and Moon, which sets the foundation of the patterns you play out in relationships. Then there are conflicts involving your Moon [needs] Venus [expectations] and Mars [desires] adding to the difficulty. This, plus the Yods in your chart, strongly suggest that you have to look inward to see where you are needing to make adaptations and adjustments internally, in order to affect your outer experiences. One can only assume that you have to do a lot of soul-searching trying to make sense of it all. Pluto now transiting your 5th H, and currently squaring natal Jupiter may show the need for more spiritual awareness in coming to terms with this difficulty in your life. Saturn is also now opposing your Venus, reinforcing the theme of not getting what you want, although it is moving to a transitional point of significance when it moves to Sagittarius and opposes your Sun sometime next year. Alas there are no easy, shortcut answers for your dilemma; this chart requires a much more in-depth analysis to sort things out, as I am sure you already know.

Have to say that's the reason I'm still single, I've often hooked up with women who hate men :surprised:, and you're dead right, I love skinny women, but I'm also attracted to women with curves, must be the artist in me going for the 'classical' renaissance look, but if I had a choice, it'd be skinny b*&^es every time. Not being blunt, just sayin', I have a very sweet tooth and LOVE things sugar coated :lol:

Aww, a sensitive baby too(my mama tells me they all are) who can't take fire moon honesty. Smh. I was just explaining my experience with this aspect, with my ex's with Venus hard aspect Saturn(I have Saturn in 7th house, so I wouldn't be surprised if I dated a person with those dreadful aspects).

Lmfao men with Venus hard aspect Saturn...I was engaged to one. :)

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kernowerno

.... it is hard to imagine how you maintain any sense of balance....

....Your relationship chemistry is very complex: Right away we see the paradoxical interplay between your Sun and Moon, which sets the foundation of the patterns you play out in relationships. Then there are conflicts involving your Moon [needs] Venus [expectations] and Mars [desires] adding to the difficulty. This, plus the Yods in your chart, strongly suggest that you have to look inward to see where you are needing to make adaptations and adjustments internally, in order to affect your outer experiences. One can only assume that you have to do a lot of soul-searching trying to make sense of it all....

.....this chart requires a much more in-depth analysis to sort things out, as I am sure you already know.

Thanks for your response Kimbermoon. Below are some flippant and 'easy' answers to your thoughts.

I surf to get some resemblance of balance in my life, the best I can do. I've decided the best sense of balance I can get inwardly is to leave things to destiny. I'm done with interfering only to see things wobble off in a completely different direction.

As above, I don't try too hard to make sense of anything, especially regarding relationships. I've been single for more than a decade, had one very short primarily sexual tryst in the interim about 8 years ago and avoid falling in love if I can help it. This last episode threw me off balance something crazy but, as usual, I'll get over it.

I'm not the person to try the 'in-depth analysis', I only ever get lost and more often than not see what I want to see, which isn't very helpful ;)

Could you elaborate regarding the Sun/Moon interplay you referred to, I've not had that pointed out or seen it myself??

I'll post a synastry chart below for you. Thanks again

Attachments

• Synastry.jpg
    Synastry.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Kernowerno

Aww, a sensitive baby too(my mama tells me they all are) who can't take fire moon honesty......

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

I was being a bit ironic PisecesPrincess, I prefer the straight-up truth every time, at least I know where I am :smile:

I've had my share of trouble with women, but I've only ever looked to myself for the source - and often blamed myself unnecessarily - though I believe my Scorpio Neptune/Moon conjunction hasn't helped either, with me tending to see only the ideal or unrealistic fantasy version of the lady in question, and always being let down by the reality. Again my own fault. Hey ho, maybe more luck next life! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flapjacks

Kernowerno, I read that thread you started and didn't comment because I didn't feel confident doing so, but my first reaction to seeing that synastry was "d***".

Funny, what you describe is similar to how I met my boyfriend 14 years my senior, except I was available. We also both have Venus square Saturn, except instead of Venus oppose Saturn, making a funky square pattern, Saturn is oppose Saturn (Sag for me, Gemini for him) and Venus oppose Venus (Virgo for me and Pisces for him) making a funky square pattern.

I've also seen a lot of the descriptions given here about this square in our relationship. I typically fall for older men, and he typically falls for unavailable or fickle women (this made the start of our relationship pretty odd as he was expecting me to drop him like a bad habit at moments notice for a long time).

That's too bad this girl you like is in another relationship. Good on you two for not causing problems with that! That synastry seems really interesting. Maybe you'll cross paths again, or maybe you'll find someone even more interesting for you that can be there for you. :surprised:

Last edited:

Kernowerno

....Maybe you'll cross paths again, or maybe you'll find someone even more interesting for you that can be there for you. :surprised:

Thanks for your input Flapjacks, always good to get feedback. I avoided reading too much into the whole thing at first, but when things suddenly took a turn for the unexpected ie me no longer working with her, I realised I was sub-consciously convinced we were 'meant to be', regardless of the fact that she's in a relationship. I've since looked at the astrology and have become even more convinced but as I said above, I think I could be seeing what I want to see instead of what's really there. I think I'd make a terrible astrologer, I find it impossible to be objective with my own issues :annoyed:. I still think there's karma between us though (south node conj moon), and I can't seem to accept that we're just ships passing in the night, too much going on. Could be she's another fatal attraction and we'd be awful together, there are some pointers in that direction don't you think? Thanks again :unsure: