Thread: A yod
View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2021, 08:41 PM

Re: A yod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
No, because the node isn't a planet. It has to be all planets to be a yod.

The Vedic Astrologers would disagree with this premise. This Astrologer does both Vedic and Tropical Astrology - and uses the outer planets and incorporates the Nodes as well into the Yod formation.

http://www.astromanda.com/yod-in-ast...armic-pattern/

Many of the Astrologers on Astrology King also use the Nodes as well as some asteroids.

I think the idea of using only planets stems from Karen Hamaker who wrote about the "Golden Yod" or that is what the astrologer Rick Levine who said he "renamed" the formation 20 yrs ago

I'm still searching for her "Golden Yod" book - which I either have or sold already, but I"ll continue to search the internet.
Until then I feel like Chirotic's post -and Manda's Astro work who incorporates the Nodes just as they incorporate the moon.

He was referring to Chirotic's Article on the Golden Yod:
These references to the article were in the Comments section -

chirotic February 8, 2009 at 11:50 am
Hi Nigel,
Quote:
I assume you are referring to the book by Karen Hamaker-Zondag, and I haven’t read it so I cannot vouch for it. If it contains information on golden yods as opposed to normal yods however, I would be very interested in reading it.
As for the NN question, I am not sure if you are referring to Hitler’s chart (since the NN is not configured in this pattern: Mo/Ju – Eris – Ne/Pl – Sa – Ur) or to a hypothetical configuration. I am personally not convinced that NN would fail to function in either a yod or a golden yod, but they would certainly operate in very different ways, and a golden yod is always difficult to activate of course.
The Node is also not really an area of great expertise for me either, I keep meaning to read more and look at it more closely.
It seems to me that NN has maternal, fated/destined connotations, but mostly I am with Ebertin who creates from it a power of association, this seems to bear out. Ju in good aspect to NN always seems to create a positive leaning to fellowship in a person for example
Rick Levine February 10, 2009 at 8:23 am

Hi Chirotic,
Quote:
Good article on the Golden Yod. I appreciate that you truly seem to get it. As the person who first identified and wrote about this configuration, I appreciate that this concept is finally getting into the general discourse of astrology. When I named this configuration about 20 years ago, my rationale was based upon my interest in sacred geometry and the relationship between the Golden Mean (what Kepler and Da Vinci called “the Divine Proportion”). As you probably know, this ratio (1.6180339…) can only be created exactly by the construction of a 5-pointed star. I began to realize that this “quintile yod” was the real thing and the “quincunx you” was a shadow of the true magic. By the way, what you refer to as a “Golden T-Square”, I call a “Golden Triangle.” And when there’s 4 adjacent points on the Grand Quintile (Joan d’Arc), I refer to this as a “Golden Bowl” (Robert Bly.” Anyway, I just wanted to connect with a fellow quintilian. Cheers! ~Rick Levine.
HERE is the article they are talking about by Chirotic:

https://chirotic.com/2008/07/10/hitl...he-golden-yod/

Last edited by leomoon; 09-12-2021 at 08:49 PM.