View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Cancer Independence Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Seems like they would be more matriarchal, under the Signs & . Russia used the "Mother Russia" theme, at least before the Bolshevik revolution. Germany used "Fatherland", which links to the word "patriotic". Of course, we have the Statue of Liberty, which is feminine. "Lady Liberty".
I'm thinking of Cancer in a more general sense. Yes, it's the matriarch sign, but it's also about family, roots, and your people, in general.

I also find it significant that LGBTQ Pride comes during Cancer month. Identity and people in another sense.

Speaking of countries with Cancer independence days, France's national anthem refers to "la patrie," also fatherland. "Allons enfants de la patrie...."
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-21-2019 at 05:09 PM.