Thoughts on Magi Society Synastry Aspects?

amymaddalozzo

I agree and disagree with the magi society yes, these chiron saturn aspects are difficult But I have looked at charts and there are people who stay married with saturn chiron aspects My parents were married almost 44 years when my dad died and mom's saturn opposed dad's chiron. yes, they had their problems but they still loved each other and stayed married. I think you have to look at the chart as a whole and how committed people are to marriage--some people are and others give up. the Magi Society also saids that for couples who ahve these wonderful chiron aspects arenot necessary happy, it just means that they are more likely to stay together Chiron doesnot equal happiness forever

wilsontc

Staff member
please focus on the issue not the person, to all

All,

I know there are some strong feelings about Magi astrology on both sides. Please, in your postings, focus on the issues and NOT on the person posting them. I have deleted all the recent attacking posts on Magi astrology and the attacking responses to those attacking posts. PLEASE just focus on the astrological ISSUES people bring up and NOT on the people themselves going forward.

Moderately,

Tim

Last edited:

BobZemco

The very worst transits are from Saturn. Saturn makes no good transits.

Those kind of blanket statements from the Magi astrologers are why it is so easily discredited. If you have a badly placed Jupiter, then Saturn is your best friend.

[corrected possibly attacking post - Moderator]

giaella33

Magi Astrology is not so easily "discredited" if you have studied the teachings and read all three of their books and then and only then practice it & keep track of the data. If anyone has actually done this they will understand there is no need to "cover" anything with a blanket. The teachings are clear, accurate and fill in the blanks where other Astrological disciplines leave off.

The following are the three Magi Books that have been published thus far...

1. "Astrology Really Works"

2. "The Magi Society Ephemeris : Including Secrets of Magi Astrology" (a one-of- a kind which includes Magi Quads (4 planets and Midpoint Crossings)

3. "Magi Astrology : The Keys to Success in Love and Money"

currently all of these books are out of print, but available in used bookstores online (this last one is available to download chapts 1-14 on the Magi Website gratis : )

Last edited:

Varuna

Sorry to join so late- new member & love to talk about magi society!

I do not think that 50% = long / 50% = dek...

dek you can have parallel and contra (with a planet-planet aspect). Long you can have conj trine opposition. And that's being real humble with the possibilities in long chart (even by magi's use).

Who said that Saturn makes no good transits? I missed that. Magi didn't say it, at least not in their books. Actually, today transit Saturn exact trined my natal Saturn. Kind of hard to argue the results : /

Bob no legit astrologer guarantees a positive relationship between two people based off of one generational aspect or one interplanetary aspect. What reason do you have to not give benefit of doubt to magi society as legit astrologers? They clearly have gained some respect by a number of your peers. If magi's site is unbearable to you -as it is me- then invest in their second book. I've found that book a lot less mysterious than the rest of their work.

We revolve around our sun, and we get energy from it. If we get energy from it, then the energy it is getting in turn is hugely significant in what it shoots out. So, helio is hugely significant at least theoretically, no question about it. Beyond theory? Michel Gauquelin's solar activity/ birth time research showed increased tendencies for children to be born with the the same planet rising as what a parent had rising when they were born.

Last edited:

Claire19

I've had a look at the website. It seems most interesting and is certainly worth investigating. I'm not sure I'm ready to fork out 80 bucks for the privilege just yet, but I may when I'm feeling flush. Their interpretation of aspects is a little different from traditional astrology, but that doesn't mean it's all bunk... just a twist on it.

Are you talking about eighty bucks for a reading??

Atzilut

Magi really is so amazing... I just did the synastry of myself with my 1st true love. I still am not totally over him, sort of like a saturn bond there.

Anyway, in our Geo synastry alone we have:
saturn conjunct venus
venus square saturn
chiron opposes jupiter
uranus opposes chiron
chiron trine neptune
saturn quincunx pluto
mars opposes saturn
saturn trine AC
chiron contra mars
chiron contra saturn
uranus parallel chiron
saturn contra mars
chiron parallel saturn

amazing... l think now l realise not only why it didn't work but also maybe why l still am unable to completely get over it. I'm 'captivated' - is that the right term?

:)

Hi, do you mind my asking about captivation? In the hard aspects to Saturn that you've listed were you Saturn or the other planets?

Claire19

Why do people that don't understand things always get so insulting? Horary has a strict set of rules that have to be adhered to otherwise answers to questions would be continually wrong. If the Magi Society is getting good results with their work, which you have said regarding their accuracy then how is that bad? They are proving their method works. I don't understand where you are coming from with your comment. Haven't you heard of diversity and 'different but equal'? It applies to all walks of life.

I am a member of the Magi Society and I haven't read or seen anything that constitutes 'freakazoid' - just well laid out rules for a system that works - like horary.

I must admit I was sceptical about the Magi Society and their theories especially with those bodies that are not planets. But I have to say some of what they espouse I can identify with. Always good to keep an open mind. I venture to say that no astrologer, no matter how practised or experienced has all the answers, all the time. I am always learning.

melisa

Intrresting. I'm unclear on how one has a Mystical Triangle---"one side is a trine, one is a square and one is a quincunx"? So if my Venus trines his Juno, squares his Neptune and quincunx's his Chiron, is that what it means? So there are 4 planets involved?
Also, are the aspects specific? When they say Saturn trine Jupiter is disastrous, what if we have Saturn conjunct Jupiter----is that also negative?

Melisa

DigitialDiva

Anyone study or experience any of the Magi Society synastry aspects, like the Juno-Chiron long-term (or lifetime sexual) linkage, or the Juno-Venus mistress (or ultimate sexual) linkage?

Do you find any validity to them?
I think a better name for it is "Scientific Astrology" because it is based on statistical analysis of over 1400 years of empirical data. (Just like the medical field.) And yes, over and over and over. People that never marry but live together, often have strong strong Chiron - Juno linkages.
I agree with coffee in that I find the Magi Society's discontiuned usage of houses to be very unsettling. The ability to deem one of the four main 'pillars' of astrology as nonsense due to mathematical complications is ridiculous if you ask me. Perhaps they also use it so as they do not have to chance using incorrect house significations, which seems to be very popular these days. So, not only do they project their confidence, they also cover their backs, but rub astrology the wrong way by deciding to omit a particularly important quarter of astrology while apparently over-advertising a second fourth.

I'm always interested in all things related to the Quartet, but was disheartened when I noticed it seems they only revere Juno while omitting the rest of her group. Also, I've never seen much sexual to do with Juno, so I would indeed like to see these instances. Perhaps it's just me having a Virgoan Juno, but she is conjoined to my Descendant and in relationships sex is the last thing I'm after. I also have Venus in Virgo, which may factor in as well, however in my early days of astrology, I read several things that suggested this placement made sexual relationships very attractive to me. They are not. -.-'

I also find the usage of the heliocentric system to be philosphically unsound. To put it simply: we do not live on Sol. We are not concerned with how the sky appears in relation to Sol. We are not held to the same positions and aspects on Earth as the ones that appear on Sol.
Hi

Just a correction: There was no statistical validity to the usage of the houses, not mathematical complications. And in terms of Juno, I have one of their "Super Sexual" enhancements. In my own life, if I don't have a partner that also has the "super sexual"enhancement, the relationship will not work out with them. I've also seen this with my siblings in their marriages.

As for the "SOL": Your heliocentric chart is how the world sees you. The Heliocentric chart is very relevant when it comes to world wide events and financial systems. (my whole reason for studying astrology, to make $$$$$ in the markets.) Your Geocentric chart is how you feel the world. So if you are looking at a love chart between yourself and another, you will feel your Geocentric chart. Aspects in your geocentric chart will be more important. Where as looking at your Heliocentric chart, may be more how the world feels or treats you.

DigitialDiva

I must admit I was skeptical about the Magi Society and their theories especially with those bodies that are not planets. But I have to say some of what they espouse I can identify with. Always good to keep an open mind. I venture to say that no astrologer, no matter how practised or experienced has all the answers, all the time. I am always learning.
Ditto! I too was skeptical after studying western astrology for 40 years. But when I took the time, read all the books and studied it, they are spot on. I quickly discarded the inaccuracies of pop western astrology.

Magi Society has made some significant break-throughs in Astrology. Magi Helena is now calling it 'Scientific Astrology", a much more apropos name, and continuing to expand the knowledge base on her own. Totally applaud what she is doing! The more accurate we can get that base knowledge base to be, the better we'll all be with solid body of knowledge to work from. The problem with the Magi Society, is that they won't release the symbology of the new asteroids to the public, in an easy to find format. You are able to get a lot from their public site, but it's like pulling teeth to read through all their long winded explanations to get to the new meanings. Thus slowing down the development of the knowledge base.

Sappho for example, when hard aspect to other financial planets, unless there are other good aspects to keep it up, will cause panic and stock prices to crash. But Sun - Jupiter when an eclispe occurs, will mark a new high in stock market, (unless there are other bad aspects pulling the market down.) We have a Sun-Jupiter eclispe every 13 months, so it's not that hard to track.