Getting away with it

Osamenor

Staff member
Out of sheer mischievous curiosity, I've been wondering what kind of electional chart would be helpful if you wanted to do something "bad" and not get caught. Anything from a lighthearted prank to getting away with being somewhere you're not supposed to be (like, say, in a bar when you're underage) to getting away with actual crime.

I only intend to use this for imaginative and entertainment purposes. Not recommending anything else.

My thought is you might want a void of course moon, to not be noticed... or would you? Would Mercury be a planet you want well placed, being the tricky one, the patron of thieves? And perhaps get authoritarian Saturn out of the way?

katydid

Why the 12th?

I have Jupiter in the 12th, and have read many descriptions from others, of Jupiter in the 12th being a Guardian Angel, or a miracle worker type of lucky break placement.

I think we had a long thread here about Jupiter in the 12th being a super lucky placement. I have had some serious lucky breaks in my lifetime---brushes with death where I came out, smelling like roses.

Or being in very difficult circumstances where a sudden lucky break instantly turned everything around.

My Jupiter is in Taurus, in 12th but conjunct Asc.
It aspects almost every planet : sextiles Uranus, opposes Mercury, mutual reception with Venus, trine Mars, squares Pluto, quincunx Sat/Neptune

Osamenor

Staff member
I have Jupiter in the 12th, and have read many descriptions from others, of Jupiter in the 12th being a Guardian Angel, or a miracle worker type of lucky break placement.

I think we had a long thread here about Jupiter in the 12th being a super lucky placement. I have had some serious lucky breaks in my lifetime---brushes with death where I came out, smelling like roses.

Or being in very difficult circumstances where a sudden lucky break instantly turned everything around.

My Jupiter is in Taurus, in 12th but conjunct Asc.
It aspects almost every planet : sextiles Uranus, opposes Mercury, mutual reception with Venus, trine Mars, squares Pluto, quincunx Sat/Neptune

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41125

Hindu astrologers have taught that Jupiter in the 12th indicates moksha (liberation) from the wheel of reincarnations, as being a possibility as a result of the current life time's activities...
That's natal Jupiter in the natal 12th you're talking about. I'm talking about an electional chart. Do you think Jupiter in the 12th house of the electional chart would have the same effect?

blackbery

I think Neptune and Mercury would be involved. Not together but those two planets in harmony with another and in strong position. like Merc h3 trine Jupiter.

Good question but not really sure.

JUPITERASC

Out of sheer mischievous curiosity,
I've been wondering what kind of electional chart would be helpful
if you wanted to do something "bad"
and
not get caught.
Anything from a lighthearted prank
to getting away with being somewhere you're not supposed to be
(like, say, in a bar when you're underage)
to getting away with actual crime.
I only intend to use this for imaginative and entertainment purposes.
Not recommending anything else.
My thought is you might want a void of course moon, to not be noticed...
or would you?
Would Mercury be a planet you want well placed, being the tricky one, the patron of thieves?
And perhaps get authoritarian Saturn out of the way?
evidently, tens of millions of crimes, including murder remain unsolved
and
the perpetrators of those crimes are unlikely to have consulted ELECTIONAL astrologers
however
it is entirely possible they may have :smile:

one is advised to keep in mind that
Electional astrology excludes an omniscient "...no consequences..." clause :smile:
and

clearly
actions inevitably have consequences
and so ultimately
"..getting away with it..."
is an unlikely
- albeit entertaining prospect
An apt BobZemco quote of Vedic astrologers goes as follows:
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said
"...The science of Astrology is a great secret.
It should be guarded with care.
This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people.
Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently.
It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples
who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications...."

Osamenor

Staff member
I think Neptune and Mercury would be involved. Not together but those two planets in harmony with another and in strong position. like Merc h3 trine Jupiter.

Good question but not really sure.

I think you're right. Neptune for deception (using modern meanings) and Mercury for everything that tricksy one means. Especially if you're trying to talk/bluff/lie your way into something, I would think.

Osamenor

Staff member
and
the perpetrators of those crimes are unlikely to have consulted ELECTIONAL astrologers
however
it is entirely possible they may have :smile:

More likely, they just lucked into the right conditions. People do that all the time without knowing any astrology.

But you never know. A murderer who consults an electional astrologer could be a good premise for a crime thriller....

JUPITERASC

More likely, they just lucked into the right conditions. People do that all the time without knowing any astrology.
But you never know. A murderer who consults an electional astrologer could be a good premise for a crime thriller....
perhaps it's not fiction :smile:

French engineer Fayçal Ziraoui claimed to have figured identity of THE ZODIAC KILLER
after cracking two of the codes in just two weeks.

The infamous serial killer sought to wreak havoc throughout America
in the 1960s and 70s.

Osamenor

Staff member
perhaps it's not fiction :smile:

French engineer Fayçal Ziraoui claimed to have figured identity of THE ZODIAC KILLER
after cracking two of the codes in just two weeks.

The infamous serial killer sought to wreak havoc throughout America
in the 1960s and 70s.

Many others have made the same claim, without coming up with the same suspect. Officially, the Zodiac Killer is still unsolved. And there's never been any indication that Zodiac was using astrology, other than calling himself Zodiac.

The premise of someone using electional astrology to get away with murder still remains fiction. Unless someone somewhere has actually done it and not gotten caught, in which case how would we ever know?

JUPITERASC

Many others have made the same claim, without coming up with the same suspect. Officially, the Zodiac Killer is still unsolved. And there's never been any indication that Zodiac was using astrology, other than calling himself Zodiac.
The premise of someone using electional astrology to get away with murder still remains fiction. Unless someone somewhere has actually done it and not gotten caught, in which case how would we ever know?
The morality of an astrologer offering such advice is questionable :smile:

katydid

That's natal Jupiter in the natal 12th you're talking about. I'm talking about an electional chart. Do you think Jupiter in the 12th house of the electional chart would have the same effect?

Yes, I do think it works in a similar fashion in election charts.
The 12th rules 'endings so in event charts, the 12th house can indicate how the event ends ---how things turn out.

Jupiter can provide protection at the end of an event.

JUPITERASC

That's natal Jupiter in the natal 12th you're talking about.
I'm talking about an electional chart.
Do you think Jupiter in the 12th house of the electional chart would have the same effect?
not necessarily - dependent on planetary condition of electional Jupiter :smile:

AppLeo

Out of sheer mischievous curiosity, I've been wondering what kind of electional chart would be helpful if you wanted to do something "bad" and not get caught. Anything from a lighthearted prank to getting away with being somewhere you're not supposed to be (like, say, in a bar when you're underage) to getting away with actual crime.

I only intend to use this for imaginative and entertainment purposes. Not recommending anything else.

My thought is you might want a void of course moon, to not be noticed... or would you? Would Mercury be a planet you want well placed, being the tricky one, the patron of thieves? And perhaps get authoritarian Saturn out of the way?

I agree that a well-placed Mercury would fit the crafty, mischievous character getting away with it.

If Saturn is prominent then obviously it won't work. Hard aspects from Saturn indicate never being able to get away with it; it's always the hard way. Positive aspects indicate someone preferring to do the right thing. Finding it easier to follow the rules than to take risks.

I think positive 5th house placements would also indicate getting away with it. It's the house of good fortune. You can win bets, gambles, take risks and come out with only a slap or a wrist or a big win.

Jupiter and Venus, the benefics, probably also indicate luck or getting away with it. Venus gives you beauty and charm, Jupiter gives you positivity and luck.

I seriously doubt the 12th house is a lucky house. This is like the worst house. the 12th house is about isolation and higher spirituality. It's not about getting away with something, it's about losing everything. It's about finding a higher path, finding something above the lower "materialistic" matters. Getting away with a few bucks or a silly prank is totally unrelated with the 12th house.

Last edited:

blackbery

You really think that tens of millions of crimes, incl murder remain unsolved?:surprised:

That's really not true. Most cases of murder are solved but there are a few that don't. However, some cases take decades to solve.

Many times, law enforcement do know who the killers are but don't have enough evidence, etc.

and
]

Oddity

A combust moon will help considerably if you're doing something you don't want anyone to find out about.

JUPITERASC

You really think that tens of millions of crimes, incl murder remain unsolved?:surprised:

That's really not true. Most cases of murder are solved but there are a few that don't. However, some cases take decades to solve.

Many times, law enforcement do know who the killers are but don't have enough evidence, etc.
worldwide :smile: