What doomed this L/T relationship?

melisa

Hello---
This L/T relationship ended---I feel upset and wonder what astrological factors were involved.
I attached the composite (Positive: Sun conjunct Venus, Sun, Moon and ascend all Venus-ruled...Negative: the only real square is Saturn square Moon--I like to see at least a couple of squares for challenge and movement, Mars is in Pisces might be weak for a relationship?, ans there are several Neptune oppositions to the Sun Venus stellium)
I attached the synastry (he's outside in red)---
Positive: Sun-Moon trines and sextiles, my Mars sextile his Venus, my Mars trine his Moon, I have Leo rising and he has many Aquarius planets (I like oppositioins in a relationship---adds to the chemistry)
Negative: My Venus exactly inconjunct his Mars, several squares between my Mars/Moon and his Mars/Saturn. We each have Mars conjunct the other's 7th house cusp (sexuality, yet anger in our relationship?)

Anything that stands out re: the relationship or breakup would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Melisa

Attachments

• composite.gif
    composite.gif
    58 KB · Views: 140
  • Chart--synastry-Fred.doc
    379 KB · Views: 62

kimbermoon

Was this a recent event? Notice that Jupiter turned retro in December, just one degree from it's conjunction with Uranus in the chart; Uranus rules the 5th H here, and is also active against the Jupiter/Saturn conjunct in the chart.
For some time, Uranus in Aries has been transiting the 7th H for this chart, moving to oppose the Moon as well. Significant change and thoughts of separation were definitely in the winds...

The oppositions can certainly provide stimulus and excitement in relationships, although the multiple Neptune oppositions in this case [Sun/Venus Mercury] were probably not conducive to resolution or repair once the damage was done; something significant was lost, perhaps having to do with faith and trust. Were there financial problems involved [Neptune ruling the 6th H]?
Since you are the one experiencing this [condolences] what do you think were the core issues involved?

melisa

Hi
Thank you for the replies. Kimbermoon, the core issues seemed to be his unavailability, and his pulling away when I would get upset. You mentioned Neptune ruling composite 6th and asked if finances were a problem, no it was more an absence of emotion (yet we are both double water signs!)......
Yes, it did happen recently, in time with the Uranus transits you correctly wrote about.
Rahu, yes I would love additional insights if you have time. You wrote
the moon/sun midpoint is opposed to the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction which shows that commitment took some work as he always seemed a bit uncertain.
===Yes, this was a long-term, slow, uncertain relationship (in line with Saturn issues). I also notice that the composite Saturn is square the composite Moon (the only square I see at all in the composite) so it is a strong influence.
I posted the synastry, as it didn't come across in the original post..
THank you
Melisa

Attachments

• OurSynastry.bmp
    320.9 KB · Views: 53

melisa

Re: breakups, is it best to look at the composite with transits, progressed composite, or synastry? Or all 3?
It seems that emotional distance was a barrier for us---could be signified by the Moon-Sat square in the composite, or his Sat square my Moon in synastry. I would think the Neptune oppositions to the stellium in the composite would have a healing, resolving effect re: any conflicts....I am wondering what negative effects the Neptune opposition might have----the usual suspects (lying) were not a factor.....

Thank you
Melisa

thelivingsky

Hi Melissa

So sorry to hear about your breakup.

A 12 house Pluto is very dangerous unless both partners are able to deal with issues immediately; here is what Rob Hand says: "Whatever comes up between you two needs to be dealt with immediately because Pluto's energies are can smolder for a long time if not dealt with right away. And when they do smolder, they break out at last with such a bitter fury and fiery intensity that it is difficult for the relationships to survive."

Does this sound descriptive of your breakup? You also had Chiron opposed and Pluto and Chiron sitting on the nodal axis . I think this was big negative.

The Moon Saturn square is also very difficult in romantic relationships where emotional closeness and warmth is usually the primary need of the rel. I am finding that the Moon needs to be well aspected for long term happiness. I am looking at the charts of well-known celeb couples who have been together for 20+ years and comparing to failed relationships. Take a look at the composite of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward or June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash or Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman.

After I started looking at the composites of these very successful relationships I was surprised by how challenged most of the composite charts I see really are by comparison. I am now convinced that if you do not have a really strong composite chart with far more good aspects than negatives, then it is imperative that the partners be of very high character and psychological maturity or they can't handle the challenges. Unfortunately astrology can't tell us if the person we are dating has the psychological health and strength of character to work on their emotional issues and the problems of the relationship. We have to figure that out on our own.

Good luck.
Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

melisa

Hi
Kimbermoon wrote
Notice that Jupiter turned retro in December, just one degree from it's conjunction with Uranus in the chart; Uranus rules the 5th H here, and is also active against the Jupiter/Saturn conjunct in the chart.
====== Yes, I had missed that, that the Uranus composite is quincunx the composite Jupiter-Saturn conjunction. May mean that instability abruptly changed our commitment/happiness.
Transiting Jupiter, as you mentioned, conjuncitng composite Uranus may have also caused a disuptive, abrupt change/departure.

Living sky wrote
You also had Chiron opposed and Pluto and Chiron sitting on the nodal axis . I think this was big negative.

The Moon Saturn square is also very difficult in romantic relationships where emotional closeness and warmth is usually the primary need of the rel. I am finding that the Moon needs to be well aspected for long term happiness.

=======Yes, composite Pluto is conjunct the North node and opposes Chiron which is conjunct the south node......I would have thought this is a positive, with Pluto adding depth and emotional density and intensity to the union. With Chiron oppose the North node and oppose Pluto, that may cause wounding?
==== Yes the Moon square Saturn was challenging and cold. Our synastry Moon aspects were nice, but the ocmposite one had only the square to Saturn.

Melisa

Claire19

Bearing in mind that the aspects for a composite chart are half those of a natal chart. YOu are looking at merged influences and a 3 degree orb is maximum. The only strong Saturn aspect is the conjunction to Jupiter in the 4th house.

You have Mars ruling your 7th house chart and Mars is very close to the cusp so that is indicative of conflict and even violence. There are no planets in the 7th house and that is an indication that there will be no real committed relationship. The transits at the time of the break up need to be shown on the composite chart for us to get a clear picture.

Uranus rules your 5th house of romance and love that is not committed and it is not well aspected so it would be indicative of separations. No planets there means not very likely children will be born.

Last edited:

thelivingsky

Bearing in mind that the aspects for a composite chart are half those of a natal chart. YOu are looking at merged influences and a 3 degree orb is maximum. The only strong Saturn aspect is the conjunction to Jupiter in the 4th house.

You have Mars ruling your 7th house chart and Mars is very close to the cusp so that is indicative of conflict and even violence. There are no planets in the 7th house and that is an indication that there will be no real committed relationship. The transits at the time of the break up need to be shown on the composite chart for us to get a clear picture.

Uranus rules your 5th house of romance and love that is not committed and it is not well aspected so it would be indicative of separations. No planets there means not very likely children will be born.

Hello Claire 19,

Mars as the ruler of the 7th in a composite could indicate violence but only if it were in difficult aspect to Pluto and Uranus or possibly Saturn or moons nodes but usually it takes more than one very dark aspect in some combination of these to produce violence. This Mars placement shows only good aspects. In fact Mars in multiple very difficult aspects of this nature in any house is a cause to be concerned about violence. The Scott Peterson/Lacey Peterson composite is a classic example as well as Ike and Tina Turner where in the latter case the Moon and Pluto opposes Mars and all of this is on the Nodal axis. The nodal axis is underused in composite analysis IMO.

melisa

Hi--
Claire19 wrote:
he transits at the time of the break up need to be shown on the composite chart for us to get a clear picture.

Here is the composite chart with transits at break-up

Thank you
Melisa

Attachments

• BREAKUP COMP CHART.gif
    BREAKUP COMP CHART.gif
    61 KB · Views: 62

melisa

Hi
Claire19 wrote
The only strong Saturn aspect is the conjunction to Jupiter in the 4th house.
====Yes, and they are in Capricorn---we focused a lot on his family (4th house) obligations (Saturn). Jupiter in Capricorn conjunct Saturn in the 4th sounds like a lot of learning , which we had.

Mars is ruling your composite 7th house chart and Mars is very close to the cusp so that is indicative of conflict and even violence. There are no planets in the 7th house and that is an indication that there will be no real committed relationship. The transits at the time of the break up need to be shown on the composite chart for us to get a clear picture.
=====Yes, good point---I posted the composite with transits above. Yes, Mars is conjunct 7th and is ruling the 7th---would indicate a sexual and dynamic relationship? Luckily no violence for us. We also each had Mars conjunct the partner's 7th in synastry.

Uranus rules your 5th house of romance and love that is not committed and it is not well aspected so it would be indicative of separations
===Yes, and composite Uranus oppose our comp Juno---meaning unstable, on/off romance.

Thank you

Melisa

I notice your composite has Chiron on the South Node. Chiron is the wounded healer who cannot heal himself. If you believe in reincarnation, this is a wound carried forward from a past life Was there a theme of caretaking, perhaps to an unhealthy degree, in your relationship?

melisa

Mooby wrote
I notice your composite has Chiron on the South Node. Chiron is the wounded healer who cannot heal himself.
-----Thank you. Yes, and he has Chiron conj his Sun and I have it in my 7th so it was a strong theme. I felt like, and acted like a caretaker in the relationship. At first it felt nurturing, and then it felt like an irritation. I am still confused about the breakup----it was sudden and unclear.

Melisa

Mooby wrote
I notice your composite has Chiron on the South Node. Chiron is the wounded healer who cannot heal himself.
-----Thank you. Yes, and he has Chiron conj his Sun and I have it in my 7th so it was a strong theme. I felt like, and acted like a caretaker in the relationship. At first it felt nurturing, and then it felt like an irritation. I am still confused about the breakup----it was sudden and unclear.

Melisa

A sudden start and strangely sudden breakup seems to be a hallmark of Chiron relationships. Here is an excerpt from a longer article that can be found here: http://mychristianpsychic.com/journal/when-chiron-touches-a-planetasteroid-in-synastry/

"His mars was conjunct her Chiron. Again, they got very close, very fast. It was wonderfully healing, for as long as it lasted. Then, there was a small misunderstanding and it split apart, as fast as it had come together.

The strangest one was between two girlfriends.One girl’s Nessus was conjunct the other’s Chiron. The strangeness of the aspect, exactly, mirrored the strangeness of the relationship, from beginning to end. They started off as close friends. Then, they became bitter enemies. Then, they became very close, in the best friends way that is classic with Chiron. Then, the split apart over a small misunderstanding which was impossible to resolve, even though it should have been easy. The Nessus/ Chiron one was the strangest in that the Chiron person dropped off the face of the earth to the Nessus person, who had been her closest friend, just before. "

melisa

Hi---
Yes it was very sudden and I feel upset. We pulled apart suddenly when there was conflict, instead of working it out. It was hard to find a balance of closeness and distance. May Sat squares in the synastry, and Moon square Sat in the composite
Melisa

keywine89

Hello---
This L/T relationship ended---I feel upset and wonder what astrological factors were involved.
I attached the composite (Positive: Sun conjunct Venus, Sun, Moon and ascend all Venus-ruled...Negative: the only real square is Saturn square Moon--I like to see at least a couple of squares for challenge and movement, Mars is in Pisces might be weak for a relationship?, ans there are several Neptune oppositions to the Sun Venus stellium)
I attached the synastry (he's outside in red)---
Positive: Sun-Moon trines and sextiles, my Mars sextile his Venus, my Mars trine his Moon, I have Leo rising and he has many Aquarius planets (I like oppositioins in a relationship---adds to the chemistry)
Negative: My Venus exactly inconjunct his Mars, several squares between my Mars/Moon and his Mars/Saturn. We each have Mars conjunct the other's 7th house cusp (sexuality, yet anger in our relationship?)

Anything that stands out re: the relationship or breakup would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Melisa

You should look at your solar return chart for that year. Pluto in the 5th or 7th house shows the end of relationships.

MooninTaurus

Hi Melisa, and I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you.

Unfortunately hard aspects from Neptune to personal planets in a composite chart can be very difficult to work with.

In the composite you posted you have Sun,Mercury,Venus all opposite Neptune.

You had very high expectations of this relationship but somehow got lost along the way as the Neptunian fog descended.

With Mercury opp Neptune channels of communication were confusing with only about half of what was said getting through to the other party.

Venus opposition Neptune indicates the the fantasy relationship partner is projected onto the real one. Then, eventually, reality hits and each blames the other for spoiling their dreams.

You tried your best with this and your intentions were good but I'm afraid but the aspects didn't help you here.:sad:

melisa

Hi
Thank you Keywine. I took your advice and did my solar return chart. You are right--Pluto is in my 5th house. I also notice that my natal Pluto is conjunct my solar return 7th house.
I also see that there is a 4-way or grand square in my solar return chart:

Mars, Sun, Pluto, and Uranus are all squaring each other.....myself, relationship, sex/subconscious and abrupt erratic change/break up?

Melisa

melisa

Thank you Moon Taurus for your sympathy. Yes, Venus oppose Neptune in the composite "seemed" like a roomantic, emotional aspect. Yet I am reading from what u wrote that it can cause illusions. I feel sad about investing my hopes in this broken relationship.

Thanks
Melisa

vcms

Hi--
Claire19 wrote:
he transits at the time of the break up need to be shown on the composite chart for us to get a clear picture.

Here is the composite chart with transits at break-up

Thank you
Melisa

breakup transits:

Transit Jupiter conjunct Composite Uranus
transit Uranus applying a longterm square to composite Jupiter