How did you get into astrology?

Sagmoon

When I was about 15... One day my boyfriend came to visit me, clutching a huge black book in his hands, saying he found it on the street. The title read THE ZODIAC. He said it looked like something that I might find interesting, about planets or rather. We were later both reading it with awe... But it's only at 21 that I got serious about astrology... well, i shall be more serious...

Last edited:

snipbean

I was a very young girl and my mom had her sisters and friends over and they were reading this chinese zodiac thing where it described the personalities of the different animals and laughed about how right they were.
It got my curious because I wondered how this could be true, and then learned about western astrology, which then I got a natal chart done online and was fascinated in how much more complicated it was than I thought, because it never made sense to me that all these people born in the same month or so could have so much in common. I didn't understand horoscopes lol.

RockFish

It began in 2002 (Uranus in Aquarius squaring my natal Uranus in Scorpio, Jupiter conjunct natal Jupiter in Leo, transiting Neptune opposing Jupiters).

I went to see an astrologer and she blew my mind, telling me things about me that she couldn't possibly know... After that I decided to study on my own. Still studying till this day.:)

Night Sky

Astrology seeped its way into my brain like a etheric fog or substance in the air which permeated my open sensibilities and subterfuged with my logical course of reasoning. And that's how I got into it.:D

sethi

Spin said:
I had just started graduate school in psychology when I was introduced to astrology. A friend made an appointment with an astrologer and asked if I wanted one too. I had never thought about the subject--all I knew was my sun sign and the newspaper horoscopes that I never read. But I decided to go along, why not. But by the end of my appointment I was hooked. I couldn't believe the accuracy of the reading. For weeks afterward, I pestered the astrologer with phone calls, asking if he taught classes, books I should read, etc. (brazen behavior for my usual Sun, Mercury, Mars Pisces shyness).

One day when I called he said his assistant had just quit so I should come by with my chart for an interview. It was the easiest job interview I ever had. I didn't have to say a word, just handed him my chart. I was hired! My duties consisted of manually calculating all his charts (this was before computers and software programs) but I also had the opportunity to sit in on his readings and learn firsthand. It was a incredible education. When I look back, I can't believe how lucky I was.

As far as aspects when this occurred: Transiting Saturn conjunct, and transiting Uranus trine my 1st house Uranus, which sits almost on my Ascendant and rules my MC.

And now, many many years later, I'm still as enthused and awed by the subject. It's given me so much insight about myself and others. And
hints about the interconnectedness between us all...

Oh, forgot to add, that I eventually dropped out of graduate school and focused totally on astrology. I had been unhappy with my psychology studies anyway--thought the major theories were too subjective, basically reflections of each theorist's idiosyncrasies. Astrology seemed much more unbiased, a system of knowledge amassed over thousands of years.

hello

saturn contacting your house of self brings about luck of some kind, a peak of achievement too.
but in the second house , it starts falling uptil the 5th house

comments will be appreciated

regards

sethi
________
Health store

Last edited:

Astrofire

I first got into astrology when my spiritual teacher Samuel Sagan suggested it would be good for me, back in 1995-6. I had been a member of the Clairvision School (A spiritual/esoteric school) for about a year and attended their regular weekly classes where we learned about past life regression, awakening the third eye and many other cool spiritual practices I had never heard of before. Samuel had written an impressive piece of astrological software called Canopus. (now the Clairvision Virtual Astrologer -free). I started by drawing and reading my own chart and interpretation (also offered in the software), and began to learn more and more about myself. Learning about the different houses, aspects, conjunctions gave me a whole new way of looking not just at myself, but at the world.

lillywhite

My mother and her two sisters were into mystical stuff. I started with ouija boards and automatic writing as a teen to Tarot and palm reading in college to Astrology and meditation today.

I tended to dabble in bits with astrology. I would read the odd sun sign book, and my mum & Dad bought me a chart making kit in my late teens. I never bought any of the professional astrology books until I was about 21 yrs old and I bought Sue Tompkins aspects in astrology. After this book I started to get more hooked into the subject, I bought the progressions/transit book by Carol Rushamn and then backtracked through events in my life, house move, deaths, new jobs, times of depression etc. I realised there must be something in it and started to buy the odd astrology book. It was only aged 26 not long after I had my son that I bought a computer and went on the internet and really pursued my interest. I found other alien lifeforms out there who like astrology (joking). Astrology forums are such a blessing for us misfits. I have spent quite a bit of money on books from Amazon, computer software etc. I spent a couple of years reading a lot of material. Maybe after a few more years and lots more practice to perfect my skills :rolleyes: . I may start a website and sell readings from there, but I would hate to take people's money unless I knew I was skilled enough to give a reading professionally, it's an idea for now but I may get sidetracked or lose interest. Who knows. For about 3 years now I have been into astrology quite intensley, part of me wants to have a break from it, but I keep telling myself to push it some more, keep improving and get better. But anyway this is how I have dabbled into astrology and now it has it's evil clutches on me and won't let me go.

My interest was slowly perked by a cunning little Scorpio. She would make little quips about "you're such an Aquarius", etc. I took no stock in the whole thing, at first. But before you know it, my Gemini moon kicked in (I am also Scorpio rising), and I was consumed with figuring it out. And wow, just wow. My Scorpio friend (Virgo rising / Virgo moon) somewhat reluctantly gave me more information, but now I've gone further into it than she ever has.

My biggest kick is helping people through astrology. I positively feel the need to figure people out, with that Gemini moon. I want to help society as a whole and I am very good at "reading people", as an Aquarius... and I'm also good at poking, prodding, and ever-so-gently pushing someone to better themselves. That's pretty much what I do - it's what I've done my whole life, I just never knew why.

My cousin is Scorpio rising, Aquarius sun, and Libra moon. She's not as driven about this as I am, but she too is interested. She has problems making up her mind about it, though haha. ;) But yes, she is half the reason I started to believe there was something to all of this. She's like my clone - and we didn't grow up around one another. And the few differences we have, are called out in our birth charts. Simply amazing.

But yeah, I won't let my chatty side overwhelm you guys quite yet. This is my first thread, so I'll also use this time to say hello to you all. =)

hermetic

first time - year 2000 when I was 17 years old.
Neptune was transiting my natal Moon and it was a time of deep spiritual happenings for me.
The story how it actually started is the most interesting and now I strongly believe this was not a random thing, I still remember that day.
I accidentally(?) stumbled upon an astrology site(I think now it was astro.com), entered my birth data and got my chart drawing there. Before this, I only knew my sun sign and ascendant, so this chart graphics meant nothing to me, glyphs of signs and planets, and also aspects had no meaning. I knew the popular Moon, Venus and Mars glyphs. I find it strange now how stubborn I was to find out what it all meant.
I stared at my chart for hours and it kind of started to make sense. I noticed that the same distance between planets was marked the same, how every fourth sign had the same coloring, assumed A, F, E, W stood for elements, I noticed red lines and blue lines, and soon started reading about explanation of this all.
I became very obsessed with astrology after this, even tho I knew not so much about it, so I kind of distanced myself from it from 2002-2007. I felt I was going nowhere, had the urge to see it all and know it all, but astrology seemed so huge and complex(still is), except now I approached it more patiently, I am relaxed about it, in no rush to get anywhere or to get answers, I simply feel it nicely compliments some spiritual knowlegde I have about this world.

Rjewell

LOL! Nightsky...I enjoyed your description :) but I would have to say that my getting interested in Astrology was less like your experience...

Night Sky said:
Astrology seeped its way into my brain like a etheric fog or substance in the air which permeated my open sensibilities and subterfuged with my logical course of reasoning. And that's how I got into it.:D

...and more like a bolt of energy and "inner-lightning"! It was summer of 2005 T-Uranus conjunct my N-Sun, with T-Mars entering Aries...in my 12th. I 've always been a science-minded-empirically-driven skeptic but until then I'd only heard of the Zodiac and Astrology in superficial ways like in the daily NP. I had a friend who had this Astrology book that asked for DOB, TOB, and place of birth. I was amazed by the apparent accuracy of the more detailed descriptions. It felt like a bolt of lightning in my mind. (Natal Mercury in Aquarius)

piscesascendant

I got started in astrology in 1993 when a friend of my mother encouraged her to have me go to a professional to have my chart done. Neither my mother nor her friend ever fit the stereotype of someone who was "new age", which made it all the more appealing. I spent about 2 hours with the astrologer and found it to be extremely fascinating and educational. About four or five years went by and I got back into it and I've stuck with it ever since.

I've never taken a formal class on astrology, and as of right now don't plan to (though I am not opposed to it). I prefer to read up on it and study it at my own pace and leisure. Plus, I have to admit, I find the discussions and feedback on these threads more informational and fascinating than sticking to one professional teacher. Plus, that potential teacher's personality and mine might conflict, so why waste money on that. These threads and the great people on here? Priceless. Also... and I'm not sure whether this will get deleted or not, but I run an online T-shirt shop that I am designing "astrology merchandise", and I'm hoping to make contacts with some people who are interested toward becoming an affiliate of mine through Commission Junction (www.cj.com).

Don't worry, all of the previous bit was not a build up just for the ad. That ad bit only came to me two seconds before I typed it.

Honestly, I've been struck by how accurate and insightful astrology is and the incredible potential it has to help us examine ourselves and others and better ourselves every day. God that was corny, lol!

Take care!

karnog

Mum and Dad are great believers of astrology. I'm a bit sceptical but can't help but notice the accuracy when i come across a good astrologer.

daken

I began reading about simply horoscope.

After I pursuit look for something more deep.

I did online astral charts and this kind of stuff..

Now i'm trying to know more, about astrology!

katydid

When I was in high school back in the 60's, my hippie friends and I played around with it a little. I remember not really believing in it during middle school, because I always thought I was a Libra. When I read about Libra's I was secretly and smugly relieved that even the great art of Astrology could not have me figured out. :38:

Then one day a friend had a book which helped calculate, and we found out I was really a Scorpio! When I read about Scorpios,tiny hairs bristled on the back of my neck, and I was found out.:eek:

Years later I was sitting on the beach during college spring break. I was reading a random Sun Sign Book, and this cute older guy came up and asked me about my book. He said " do you BELIEVE in that stuff?" I was nonchalant, Yes, Kind of. It seems to fit my friends and stuff.

Well, he said, as he reached into his pack," Let's trade books. I think if you read this book, you would really learn a lot more." He handed me a white book called " A handbook for the Humanistic Astrologer" by Michael Meyer.

uuuhhhhhhh...Okay.... I guess........

I sat there and TRIED to read this book and I was fascinated but completely confused....but I never really turned back.

p.s.
much later I figured out that Tr Uranus was conjunct my Zero Scorpio Sun
at the time I was given a new astrological p.o.v.:uranus:

Awakened_Pisces

It's quite strange, I was drawn to the Uranus-Neptune conjunction hearing about it and knowing I was a Pisces and wanted to know more.

Sure enough, I got to know the gang and everybody and it's been fantastic. Night Sky, can't say enough I consider him my mentor. Aquarius and everybody, especially Lissa a terrific astrologer and an even greater friend to have. The bonds that we share are tested through time and space and I can't say that there's a single thing I regret. Except for the fact, that we haven't met in person XD.

My mom will hopefully be able to kick her travel business into gear this summer, what do ya say we take advantage and hold an astrologer's meeting club XD.

Metatron

Well i got into the whole astrology thing cuz i really became interested in this particular girl, and i wanted to see how well do we go together. Since than i got more and more interested in all kinds of astrological methods and fields. But i must say i'm still quite a noob, though i learn very fast and i know a lot more than i did a couple of months back when i started. Astrology helped me understand myself much better, i realized things bout me i didn't know before, and also it helped me see why i am the way i am. I definately think that astrology is a wonderful tool that can reaveal to us a lot of things, known and yet unknown:).

kurayami

When I was around 14, I was doing some reading in a women's magazine in the library and I was reading the horoscopes. I thought to myself that not every person in the world could be generally catagorised by 12 star signs. I figured it had to be more complex. So I looked up the astrology section in the library and grabbed every book I could that didn't look like star sign fluff.

I decided from there that I wanted to learn how to draw astrology charts. But my parents refused to buy me a computer, so I used all of the tables and calculations to draw them manually. I think in some ways that made me better at astrology, because I took the time to study the nuances of charts, aspects and planetary positions.

I'm 27 now and I'm still learning a lot about astrology. :)