Un-aspected moon/ declinations/ midpoint to natal

WisdomJoy

Hi hi everyone,

I've been talking with a friend recently about synastry and assessing charts. Would love to open up the conversation and hear thoughts on un-aspected moons/ declinations/ midpoint composite to natal. In this chart, person A has an un-aspected moon but when I checked declinations, there is parallel between person A's moon and person B's mars. When I checked composite to natal, I also noticed that person's A's moon has a conjunction to the composite sun.

I've attached both the synastry and aspect table and the composite, but happy to post more as well. I also added a bunch of asteroids to the chart because I saw some blogs that referenced them.

Thanks,
WJ

Last edited:

ElenaJ

There is a lot going on in your thread!
Just a few thoughts.
You say Person A's moon and Person B's mars, these are both declinations? Or are you comparing a declination and a natal aspect?

About comparing A's moon to composite sun.
The composite is based on the midpoints of the natals, so referring them back to the natal I don't think gives us any valid information. The composite should stand by itself and not be compared back to the natals.

Asteroids.
You threw these in a little like extra seasonings in a sauce, but they just get lost, and make the chart less legible. Do you have questions about them?

WisdomJoy

There is a lot going on in your thread!
Just a few thoughts.
You say Person A's moon and Person B's mars, these are both declinations? Or are you comparing a declination and a natal aspect?

I am comparing a declination to declination, with 1 degree difference.

About comparing A's moon to composite sun.
The composite is based on the midpoints of the natals, so referring them back to the natal I don't think gives us any valid information. The composite should stand by itself and not be compared back to the natals.

In the time that I posted this, I also learned about sun/moon midpoints in someones natal chart and I wanted to compare that as well.

Asteroids.
You threw these in a little like extra seasonings in a sauce, but they just get lost, and make the chart less legible. Do you have questions about them?

I threw them in because I googled all this information about synastry and a bunch of people said they don't look at charts without them :)

Thanks so much ElenaJ!

ElenaJ

Thanks.

The 1 degree declination is like a conjunction.

On the second point, if I understand you right, you are talking about the sun/moon midpoint of the natal chart, and yes, this point can be compared to planets of another's chart, as well as one's own natal.
So you can see, for example, your sun/moon point conjunct your Saturn or your Venus, etc, and will give indications about marriage.
And you can compare your sun/moon midpoint to another's planets, for example conjunct another's Venus or Saturn, etc.

I think the asteroids can sometimes give additional info on an interpretation, sometimes they can explain aspects that you can't quite understand otherwise.

WisdomJoy

Thanks.

The 1 degree declination is like a conjunction.

On the second point, if I understand you right, you are talking about the sun/moon midpoint of the natal chart, and yes, this point can be compared to planets of another's chart, as well as one's own natal.
So you can see, for example, your sun/moon point conjunct your Saturn or your Venus, etc, and will give indications about marriage.
And you can compare your sun/moon midpoint to another's planets, for example conjunct another's Venus or Saturn, etc.

Yes, that's what I was referencing. I actually just found a random thread on here that had so many synastry aspects and then that's how I learned about this one.

I think the asteroids can sometimes give additional info on an interpretation, sometimes they can explain aspects that you can't quite understand otherwise.

Thanks ElenaJ! Okay, I'm going to go and look up sun/moon aspects and compare them with natal (I only know how to check conjunctions, I can't really read the others) and then compare them with synastry. I think what I'm having trouble with is un-aspected moon generally means that person A doesn't care. But what I'm looking for in the chart is why Person B thinks Person A cares deeply.

The declinations would act as a conjunction so that would "activate" person A's moon in their chart, no longer making it un-aspected but I'm trying to add some more data/ gain understanding.

WisdomJoy

Person A: Sun/Moon Midpoint= Scorpio 20°51’
Person B:
- Mars= Scorpio 14°42'50"
- South node= Scorpio 28°21' 6"
- 9th house placement (which is essentially cusp right?)= Scorpio 25° 3'27"
- 11th house placement= Scorpio 22°20'50"
- Pluto= Scorpio 11°33' 5"

Person A: Asc/Des: Sagittarius 15°55’
- Mercury= Sag 20°16' 4"

Person A: Moon/ Asc: Sagittarius 20°16' 4"
- Sun: Sag 24° 2'37"
-Saturn: Sag 23°38'58"
-Uranus: Sag 26°43'50"

Am I reading this right? these would qualify as conjunctions right?

Last edited:

ElenaJ

I don't use such wide orbs for midpoints. Keep in mind, it isn't a planet emitting energy, it is a sensitive point in space, because it is halfway between two planets.
I give one degree as an orb.

WisdomJoy

I don't use such wide orbs for midpoints. Keep in mind, it isn't a planet emitting energy, it is a sensitive point in space, because it is halfway between two planets.
I give one degree as an orb.

okay got it, so these don't qualify then since they are all above 1 degree. So the only thing activating Person A's (emotions) is the declination between the two? Is there anything else I should look for in the chart that indicates activating emotions?

Sorry, I also saw person A's moon trine's person B's ascendent and vesta.

Last edited:

WisdomJoy

Moon trine ascendent is a beautiful aspect. There is an intuitive feeling between the two.

I misread it! haha Here are the aspects up close. Is there anything to take in consideration?

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 6.32.12 PM.jpg

WisdomJoy

See how involved the sun is with the other's planets?

Thanks for helping me work through this, its bothering me.

Okay this is what I'm trying to take into consideration/ reconcile: Person A (un-aspected moon) seemed really emotional: afraid, sensitive, vulnerable [even though they tried hard to NOT be that way] and this weird possession. I know possessiveness is Pluto, but like where does all the other stuff come from? The other thing is Person A loved being "seen". Appreciated it, valued it but yes, was afraid by it.

It just doesn't add up.

I read that the un-aspected moon is technically that Person A doesn't care about/ doesn't have any emotions for person B. But in this case, it was almost the opposite, it was this strange comfort/vulnerability that lead them to run.

I deleted a bunch of the asteroids and recasted the chart, person A is on the left, with it's shitty un-aspected moon. lol.

Oh, I should add that Person B felt very emotionally attached/loving but burdened/ exhausted. I've read that that feeling can be attributed to Person B's venus in conjunction with Person A's south node.

Also, I learned SO much about astrology this weekend- just trying to put this puzzle together hahah

Attachments

• Synastry Chart .jpg
    Synastry Chart .jpg
    77 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ElenaJ

That's much more legible now, thanks.
The aspect table with the degrees of each planet is better than the one you posted. In the chart it isn't always easy to see the aspects.
Having said all this, you are right in that the moon is the emotional base of a person. So, when the moon doesn't touch a point in the other person's chart, there is an emotional link missing.
In this synastry it's even more important because moon rules both descendants.
It's a little like saying, your heart just isn't in it.
It looks as though the moon is conjunct Uranus, which makes it even more difficult for this person to commit to the relationship. They natally have a tendency to be very compulsive, and while moon wants family life and closeness, Uranus wants just the opposite. So if they are not linked into the partner's chart on this level, it will be very difficult for them to remain.

WisdomJoy

That's much more legible now, thanks.
The aspect table with the degrees of each planet is better than the one you posted. In the chart it isn't always easy to see the aspects.
Having said all this, you are right in that the moon is the emotional base of a person. So, when the moon doesn't touch a point in the other person's chart, there is an emotional link missing.
In this synastry it's even more important because moon rules both descendants.
It's a little like saying, your heart just isn't in it.
It looks as though the moon is conjunct Uranus, which makes it even more difficult for this person to commit to the relationship. They natally have a tendency to be very compulsive, and while moon wants family life and closeness, Uranus wants just the opposite. So if they are not linked into the partner's chart on this level, it will be very difficult for them to remain.

Okay, thank you very much for this insight. So, what made Person B be fooled into thinking that Person A cared a lot for them because it sounds like there is no care there. Any insight into that in the chart? Well, besides the venus conjunct south node.

ElenaJ

Venus on south node is a karmic debt to pay, south node diminishes the affection of Venus over time.

PS. Don't overlook the Venus/sun which is a friendship and love connection.

WisdomJoy

Venus on south node is a karmic debt to pay, south node diminishes the affection of Venus over time.

PS. Don't overlook the Venus/sun which is a friendship and love connection.

Thanks. I just also looked up the moon-mars conjuction, which represents the parallel and now it makes sense why Person A was so triggered and emotionally wounded so much. And why they felt so vulnerable.

Kannon

Some General Points

1. Asteroids are not necessary for synastry (or for that matter any natal chart) as they too easily become a novel distraction from proper understanding of the core planetary dynamics. If there is something left truly unexplained (as is the case in my own natal chart without Chiron), then asteroids can be referenced. Otherwise, it is like ElenaJ said, they create clutter that prevents the clarity needed for a focused reading.

2. Stick with synastry for now if you are going to investigate relationship astrology. The reason is that it retains a clear reference to the natals, which are the foundation of all this.

I use composite charts only ever for those who are in an intimate domestic relationship so that their lives have been merged.

It is best to not clutter relationship analysis with multiple charts. Stick to synastry to start with until your understanding -- astrological literacy -- allows you to feel intuitive with composite charts. ElenaJ is also right that the composite chart is a stand-alone chart. Comparing it back to the natal is not just confusing, it shows a lack of understanding of the composite and why such a chart is made. She is also right about not using wide orbs for midpoints. Just toss out the composite charts. You're not ready for them. Stick with synastry.

3. In synastry exact planet positions as seen in the planetary columns are very important since the orbs need to be tightened and you're dealing with more visual information. It is good you created a chart minus the asteroids, but just the circle wheel is not a good basis for viewing and interpreting a synastry.

I'd like to see a chart image with the planetary columns beneath the wheel retained, along with the aspectarian. These are two necessary items for chart interpretation.

Kannon

Some specifics ...

Person A's Moon is not unaspected according to the conventional notion. Sun at 24SAG03 is sextile Moon at 29LIB35 (orb=5.5°) & Uranus at 26SAG44 is sextile Moon as well (orb=under 3°).

It is Person A's Moon 14S27 that is parallel their own Mars 15S40. That is an orb of 1.2°, which is very much valid.