When martial law in the US will happen

YonyGursho

Re: keep it to astrology, to all

Sorry, Yony: Who are "they"? Name some names. And no, the US is not currently a military dictatorship. If it were, we wouldn't see people like Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib elected to Congress. Donald Trump's aspiration to be a dictator is bad enough.

Flapjacks, your Smedley Butler link was really interesting, but it reinforces my point because nothing came of his insurrection and most people have never heard of him.

BTW, what kind of mother names her kid "Smedley"?

The elite, of course. I agree the US isnt a military dictatorship as of yet. Although I would wager it will be for sure one day.

YonyGursho

Sorry, which "elites" do you mean?

Are you familiar with the rothschilds? If not, then you need to do some research.

Anyways, all I meant by the "elite" was simply the body of people/beings on our earth who control all of the wealth and all of the power behind the scenes, and always have.

Flapjacks

Sorry, Yony: Who are "they"? Name some names. And no, the US is not currently a military dictatorship. If it were, we wouldn't see people like Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Rashida Tlaib elected to Congress. Donald Trump's aspiration to be a dictator is bad enough.

Flapjacks, your Smedley Butler link was really interesting, but it reinforces my point because nothing came of his insurrection and most people have never heard of him.

BTW, what kind of mother names her kid "Smedley"?

Smedley Butler provides an example that a military coup is possible in the US despite the Constitution or the existence of liberal politicians or whatever you think is protecting us from it. The fact that it isn't even taught in schools doesn't reinforce your point but makes the opposite - complacency only adds to the opportunity for oppression, if not active suppression of information (for example, Wikipedia entries for alleged participants don't even mention those accusations even though their history is very suspicious, like top business execs taking military leadership positions suddenly... huh... isn't that familiar?). We don't know how many other plots there have been that were also close to fruition, or if one is going on now.

The consolidation of power into the presidency started way before Trump, and set up his ability to appear like an aspiring dictator. The fact that Bush junior still hasn't been indicted as a war criminal speaks volumes.

And about amending the Constitution being difficult.... what about the Prohibition? If you get enough self-righteous old biddies to rally behind a cause, anything is possible. :tongue:

The law is not willingly followed because it is written down. It is followed when it is respected. If we don't learn from history we're doomed to repeat it.