Musicians/Songs that exemplify Signs/Planets/Aspects, whatev.

midspringwind

So, I'm mostly starting this thread because I want to just share how much of a Scorpio/Plutonian Chelsea Wolfe is ~ born November 14th, Sun in Scorpio. I haven't looked at the rest of her natal chart, but it's amazing to me how much she resembles this archetype. And I love her music.

If you're curious to see what I mean, check this out
https://youtu.be/46u_Ggsub1A

But overall, I see this as a fun idea for a thread, so please share musicians or songs that you think suit a certain astrological-something-or-other. :)

RaRohini

Hi !
I would look for a strong mercury and a strong Taurus( rules the throat- earthy voice). I think Bob Dylan was Sun Gemini Moon Taurus .one of my all time favourites.
Moon Rahu combination with proper aspect creates a obsessive genius ..think Amy Winehouse (Bless her soul).

PlutorisingLee

Fiona Apple actually is a Virgo Sun/Moon. :3

lol that's great- (I have a million songs in my head all with signs)
Here is how this song is her Virgo talking to a Pisces lover:

Virgo:
I got my feet
On the ground
And I don't go to
Sleep to dream
You're not at all
What you seem

Yep...problesm there...:innocent:

hwat

AmBmEYt.png

How about Sam Smith?

He has his Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Taurus and has a beautiful voice. Interestingly, when I looked up his chart on google, one of the links had a comment section where someone also said that singers almost always have strong Taurus. He has been quoted to say that his relationships up until the point of his debut album were all unrequited love. The lyrics on his album reflect that. I feel that his natal chart also strongly reflects that. Unfortunately his time of birth is not known and his noon chart puts his moon at 1° Cap, so it's questionable. If it is in the early degrees of Cap, it is conjunct his North Node as well.

Within 3°-

Venus trine Neptune
Venus opposite Pluto
Venus square Saturn

Sun/Mercury midpoint conjunct Venus
Interesting yod formation with his North Node and Sun/Chiron

Lyric examples:

Like I Can -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeugznpGKPA
Why are you looking down all the wrong roads? / When mine is the heart and the salt of the soul / There may be lovers who hold out their hands / But they'll never love you like I can - Saturn, Neptune

We both have demons, that we can't stand / I love your demons, like devils can / If you're self-seeking an honest man / Then stop deceiving, / Lord, please - Pluto

I'm Not The Only One-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkpzqqog4k
You say I'm crazy / 'Cause you don't think I know what you've done / But when you call me baby / I know I'm not the only one - PLUTO, Neptune

Latch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ASUImTedo
You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down / You, you enchant me even when you're not around / If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down / I’m latching on, babe, now I know what I have found
I feel we're close enough / Could I lock in your love?
Now I’ve got you in my space / I won’t let go of you / Got you shackled in my embrace / I’m latching on to you - Neptune, Pluto

I could honestly go on for hours about this! I feel like I understand him especially well. Our synastry is actually pretty interesting too, but I suppose that's for another thread..

hwat

Whitney Houston though..

Yeah, no actual Taurus placements. There will inevitably be exceptions, but the first thing I thought to myself about her was a Neptune influence, and sure enough her rising is Pisces. She also has Moon and Jupiter conjunct in the second house, which could be a taurean influence along with her Sun/Venus conjunction. Venus also rules her third house, which may add to her incredible voice!

sibylline

^Leo can create a strong voice for singing as well, as Leo rules the heart and chest. Many excellent singers have the Sun in Leo or Leo ASC.

StarGazerGirl

Wanderlust, by Bjork represents, for me, the inner battle of my inconjunct with Pluto in the 2nd and Moon in Taurus in the 9th house …my longing to leave home, my need to break away from mom & family and live my own adventure. The symbolism and style throughout and Bjork's music in general resonates with the only strong planet in my chart, Neptune.

I relate a lot to Fiona Apple Apple. I've always thought that was because of Virgo, too.

animatedoodle

So, I'm mostly starting this thread because I want to just share how much of a Scorpio/Plutonian Chelsea Wolfe is ~ born November 14th, Sun in Scorpio. I haven't looked at the rest of her natal chart, but it's amazing to me how much she resembles this archetype. And I love her music.

If you're curious to see what I mean, check this out
https://youtu.be/46u_Ggsub1A

But overall, I see this as a fun idea for a thread, so please share musicians or songs that you think suit a certain astrological-something-or-other. :)

That music is so powerful. It actually made me say out loud "That's so scary!" but I listened to the whole thing. I have Mars (Aries) opp Pluto (Libra), trine my Asc and the best song I can think of that 100% fits that is: This song (WARNING: Explicit Lyrics)
The quiet menace of Pluto, and the bursting energy of Mars is very clear to me. Maynard (the songwriter) he has Aries opposing Scorpio energy (Mars Vs Neptune) so it's close!

See, not as scary as pure Plutonian Scorpio...but still deep. Amazing energy! :)

fifteen

Kurt Cobain was such a prototype piscean... can't get more watery sensitive than that??? When I think about pisceans, I think: Kurt Cobain.

When I think about Aries, I think: Vincent van Gogh. If you look at his paintings, these flaming energetic brush strokes as if his paintings were on fire, the power and intensity, I think: Yeah, that's prototype Aries.

Last edited:

animatedoodle

Kurt Cobain was such a prototype piscean... can't get more watery sensitive than that??? When I think about pisceans, I think: Kurt Cobain.

When I was a teenager, I would listen to : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIqq5XVFKQ on repeat. It's pisces as it's most young and raw.

No suprise, Stellium in Pisces opp his ASC. Eek.

When I think about Aries, I think: Vincent van Gogh. If you look at his paintings, these flaming energetic brush strokes as if his paintings were on fire, the power and intensity, I think: Yeah, that's prototype Aries.

The colour....I still remember the first time I saw one of his paintings up close. I couldn't believe the colours he used. So bright, so alive. So very Aries :) You are right! And he was an Aries... it would've been so great to have met him.

His chart is so interesting...

I have Merc/Mars conj in Aries.

So for me, this song resonates with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9WuPzOjlI

Pharrell Williams is an Aries after all... :p

craft94

Yes, and Billy Corgan. So many of his songs are archetypally Piscean... (he even has an album called Pisces Iscariot)

I was obsessed with Cobain as a teenager lol

1aazz1

Oh man, I'm so glad you posted this about Chelsea Wolfe. I just looked up her chart before seeing this post and I was just totally blown away by how perfectly it fits. I was like oh, 8th house stellium and a 12th house lunar Piscean?? What?! lol