Soul Connection?

HiddenDepth

Could someone tell me what a soul connection is?

I think I might have experienced one with a guy..

When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..

his eyes are so beautiful..

And the first time that happened I can remember it so vividly it's like I'm there..

So without going into how beautiful he is..and if he felt it too bla bla could someone please tell me what a soul connection is?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

nejispirit

HiddenDepth said:

I think I might have experienced one with a guy..

When our eyes meet I almost can't breath..

his eyes are so beautiful..

And the first time that happened I can remember it so vividly it's like I'm there..

So without going into how beautiful he is..and if he felt it too bla bla could someone please tell me what a soul connection is?

Thank you!

Well, a soul connection can be differently explained by every person, depending- it really depends on you individually and what it means in your life, etc.

nejispirit said:
Well, a soul connection can be differently explained by every person, depending- it really depends on you individually and what it means in your life, etc.
Hi nejispirit, sounds like you really understand the soul, you must have a strong Pluto.

nejispirit

funkspunky said:
Hi nejispirit, sounds like you really understand the soul, you must have a strong Pluto.

I do have a strong Pluto I believe, one that is in both of my yods (in one my Pluto is the apex); I also have Pluto conj Vesta in Scorpio, in the 3rd.

Hmm.. let's see, I do have Mars opp Pluto as well.

nejispirit said:
I do have a strong Pluto I believe, one that is in both of my yods (in one my Pluto is the apex); I also have Pluto conj Vesta in Scorpio, in the 3rd.

Hmm.. let's see, I do have Mars opp Pluto as well.
Does this make you a fiesty soul?

Typically in Synastry I look for nodal or AC to MC connections when using the term "soul connections". While these connections can indicate karmic ties or responsibility, I have never found it to be the type that could be described as being unable to breathe.

I am a case study on that, my current (soon to be ex) spouse and I have a very strong karmic/soul connection. the relationship NEVER had any of the feelings described in the OP, but more of duty and responsibility. I have had other relationships that have given me the feelings of excitement you describe, but I would not refer to them as a soul connection.

I think it may be typically in the terminology. When most people hear the term "soulmate", they tend to think of starry skies and violins playing romantic tunes, but in truth that is usually not the case.

Lissa

c.king_wisdom said:
Typically in Synastry I look for nodal or AC to MC connections when using the term "soul connections". While these connections can indicate karmic ties or responsibility, I have never found it to be the type that could be described as being unable to breathe.

I am a case study on that, my current (soon to be ex) spouse and I have a very strong karmic/soul connection. the relationship NEVER had any of the feelings described in the OP, but more of duty and responsibility. I have had other relationships that have given me the feelings of excitement you describe, but I would not refer to them as a soul connection.

I think it may be typically in the terminology. When most people hear the term "soulmate", they tend to think of starry skies and violins playing romantic tunes, but in truth that is usually not the case.

Very well put!The term 'soul-connection',to me,suggests more a relationship through which both individuals can grow and constantly challenge each other.Still,there is a strong element of atraction there,pulling them together even when logic and reasonable thinking tells them they should be apart.And they should stay together until their mission with each other-whatever that is-is accomplished.

What you described seems to have more to do with infatuation.Or romantic love.Which is always good,and can even be very transforming;if that's the case,then yes,it's a soul-connection.If not,it's pure infatuation.Soul-connection is a concept which implies many different things...but the main thing is that people who have a 'soul-connection' come together for the puorpose of learning,as I said above they may not even get along but they were put in each other's way for some reason.And your soulmate doesn't even have to be your boyfriend/girlfriend;it can also be someone you care deeply about who is always supportive of you and gives you great insight into your own inner world.But that is just my opinion.

Typically I see it as a contract, signed by the souls, to agree to a certain task while incarnate. As physical beings our conscious memory is not aware of this contract, but our subconscious is very keenly aware. Therefore we feel inexplicably drawn to another as if by an unseen force.

Only when the contract is fulfilled can you move on. As always, free will remains in power, but if the contract is not fulfilled in this lifetime....guess what? Yep, you'll get another go at it! And next time the universe won't be so kind......(insert evil laugh).

sudhir

Saturn and perhaps Ketu (one of the nodal points as called in Indian astrology) are responsible for such a strong vibration from past life. I hope you were not attracted because of those eyes alone. You could check the position of Venus, Saturn and Ketu in your chart during the time this happened.

nejispirit

c.king_wisdom said:
Typically I see it as a contract, signed by the souls, to agree to a certain task while incarnate. As physical beings our conscious memory is not aware of this contract, but our subconscious is very keenly aware. Therefore we feel inexplicably drawn to another as if by an unseen force.

Only when the contract is fulfilled can you move on. As always, free will remains in power, but if the contract is not fulfilled in this lifetime....guess what? Yep, you'll get another go at it! And next time the universe won't be so kind......(insert evil laugh).
Gee, that sounds as if it's the voice of a movie theatre :rolleyes::D.

So basically we are unknowingly but very knowingly "signing" a contract?

Heh, a soul connection can be made for .5 seconds and then lost just as fast- I'm afraid there is no free will in this if you are *fatefully* doomed to fulfill the contract; so basically one has a "choice" but in the end is stuck to "fulfilling the soul contract"?

I can make a "soul connection" with many a people, but that doesn't mean I have to endure a "contract" with them.

Last edited:

BobZemco

HiddenDepth said:

What you are describing is not in any way, shape or form a "soul connection."

You are describing a rather mundane garden-variety bio-chemical reaction, one of a few dozen you'll probably experience in your life-time, depending on how traveled you are (even locally just around town).

For soul connections in a natal chart conjucntions to the nodes and vertex are the best indicators.

nejispirit said:
Gee, that sounds as if it's the voice of a movie theatre :rolleyes::D.

So basically we are unknowingly but very knowingly "signing" a contract?

Heh, a soul connection can be made for .5 seconds and then lost just as fast- I'm afraid there is no free will in this if you are *fatefully* doomed to fulfill the contract; so basically one has a "choice" but in the end is stuck to "fulfilling the soul contract"?

I can make a "soul connection" with many a people, but that doesn't mean I have to endure a "contract" with them.
maybe insignificant soul connections can be fleeting N
fatefully doomed seems a bit glum N
endurance sounds like pluto to me N

HiddenDepth

Bob Zemco it was not a 'garden-variety bio-chemical reaction.' I haven't explained it that well, but it was definitely more than 'lust' or that long name you said.

Anyway people asked about node and conjuctions

My Nnode is in the eigth and ninth house

My conjuctions are:

Moon conjucnt mercury

Mars conjunct jupiter

Uranus conjunct neptune

Someone mentioned Saturn, I do have a lot of Saturn in my chart. (Which I'm going to pointlessly list :p)

Mercury sesquiquadrate saturn
Venus opposite saturn
Mars trine saturn
Jupiter trine saturn
Saturn in Aquarius
Saturn square pluto
Capircorn on 10th house cusp, and uranus in capricorn.
Capricorn on 11th house cusp
Uranus and Neptune are in the 10th house
Saturn in 12th house
Also Uranus is in capricorn and so is neptune

Last edited:
BobZemco said:
What you are describing is not in any way, shape or form a "soul connection."

You are describing a rather mundane garden-variety bio-chemical reaction, one of a few dozen you'll probably experience in your life-time, depending on how traveled you are (even locally just around town).

For soul connections in a natal chart conjucntions to the nodes and vertex are the best indicators.

You must have very much earth in your chart.:D

/JJ

leneshmarie

Lissa said:
And your soulmate doesn't even have to be your boyfriend/girlfriend;it can also be someone you care deeply about who is always supportive of you and gives you great insight into your own inner world.But that is just my opinion.

I agree completely with your definition of "soul mate" in that it could be any one in your life, not just a boyfriend/girlfriend. My best friend is something of a soul mate, and we've had many lengthy discussions on it.

Having a soul-connection with someone, that pulling feeling when you look into their eyes, being drawn to them.. one explanation is that you may have known each other or been close in a past life. I've read that an indication of this is your north nodes conjucting. But when you feel that drawn to someone, you should always excercise caution. It's not always a positive thing, that person could have been your controlling, abusive father in a past life.. and now is trying to repeat the same in this one, only as your boyfriend this time. And maybe it's up to you to decide whether you want to let them do that to you again.. that's just one example.

I've experienced it before. I met this guy once, who the first time I looked into his eyes I felt drawn to him, and absolutely hypnotized, and I didn't even know who he was.. I can still remember it as clear as day right now. But as we started to get to know each other more, the excitement started to mix with fear as I felt like something deep inside was telling me to RUN as far as I could from this guy. I chose to ignore it, and needless to say the longer I stayed with him, the more horrible it got.. I slowly started to feel like he was a real danger, and made the ultimate decision to let him go. (which he made almost impossible, were it not for the fact that he is now serving 6 months in jail, thank heavens!)

Also, in my experience, I have a strong connection with people I'm psychically in tune with. When someone elses planets fall in your 12th house, it creates a psychic link. I've researched both of these by pulling up synystry charts with a couple people who I've felt a deep connection with, or otherwise "drawn to" for unexplainable reasons.. every single one has had either their north node in conjuction with my own (indicating past life history), or planets falling in my 12th house.

Or it could be like Lissa said, just plain lust and infatuation. Look at your synestry for factors that may indicate that.. and once you rule that out, then I would consider the "soul-connection" thing..

hermetic

c.king_wisdom said:

this is a great post, to which I agree 100%. soul connections are those that make you grow and learn, that is never an easy task, and those connections always have some heavy feelins that come with them, when you know said person is far from easy and can see many obstacles to overcome(mainly internal/psychological) yet you can't seem to let go no matter what and need to head down that path. It can start pretty innocent, no butterflies in stomach or passing out - I wouldn't judge a power of connection by those, I think those are purely physical, magnetic, Venus Mars aspects. Saturn and Nodes are biggest karmic points imo.

to the op - you need to do a synastry chart with this guy, when we say nodal positions and conjunctions, we mean between your's and your guy's planets, not only yours. So, take a look at a synastry and not your natal chart ;)