Saturn: is it easier to deal with him as you age?

helike13

Hello!

Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages.

In my case.... I noticed the opposite.

In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

So trickster Saturn says: 'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'

What are your perceptions about this?

JUPITERASC

Hello!
In my early life I had many opportunities
to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart.
But I was keep failing from time to time.
As I age I get less and less opportunities.
So trickster Saturn says:
'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities
so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'
Not all astrologers are in agreement on this topic :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello!

In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

So trickster Saturn says: 'In your early life you failed now I withdraw all your opportunities so you won't be able to develop the skills that I represent'

Two points:
First, Saturn is no trickster; Saturn is solid, meat and potatoes. The real thing. And Saturn is about maturation.
So, yes, as you grow older, if you do in fact mature :biggrin:, then you will find Saturnian matters much easier to deal with.
And Saturn is not about opportunities; Jupiter is. Saturn is about working hard to take advantage of opportunities.

Second, when looking at your natal chart, I do not follow what you mean by "work [in] that field what Saturn represents in my chart." I do not see Saturn governing fields of work for you.

The house of employment is the 10th house or 10th sign depending upon how you look at houses, but either way, they are ruled by Jupiter and Mars. The 6th, which might cover certain kinds of work, is also ruled by Jupiter. Saturn rules your 7th house of relationship and the 8th house of the outcome of relationship.

Your relationship to Saturn in your natal chart might be connected with the cause of failing at your jobs, but it does not influence the opportunity for work as best as I can see.

That is my perception of it.

Hkk

Account Closed
Hello!

Reading your thread this is what I’m thinking! I could handle Saturn better when I was younger and starting my career and then after Saturn return it all went **** up and as I’m relaxing as I’m getting older when Saturn turns its head in my direction I get agitated and well 😡 pissed off. At what point in age does Saturn actually get better. My natal chart I’m a cap sum with Saturn in my first house with Jupiter and Pluto. I had my Saturn return at 29/30 and it wasn’t the nicest. But here it is again and it’s been an absolute nightmare. Nightmare. Maybe it gets better after 40 🤷🏻*♀️

greybeard

I am 77 years old, now in the dominions of Saturn.

We might concede that in regard to the question, I know whereof I speak.

Saturn is usually gentler with age. Of course at my age the body is declining and ultimately collapses.

Like all else in life, much depends on our attitude.

greybeard

@greybeard:

What's your Saturn placement and it aspects?

My chart is not secret, but neither do I publish it. I share my birthday with Babe Ruth and Ronnie Reagan, but am not president and have never hit a home run. And I am 77. So if your interest is strong, that will get you close enough.

helike13

Mars and Saturn together....

I have the same aspect but the conjunction is tighter.

Even they are placed in Scorpio where Mars is on Home Field and Saturn has no dignity... But I feel Saturn more than Mars. Guest Saturn simply overpowers Mars.

greybeard

In the applying aspect, Mars must pass through Saturn...the Greater Malefic. Mars is the Lesser Malefic. Oh! Saturn must be the stronger.
Read the descriptions of the planets. Mars is immediate; Saturn's effects are permanent. Etc.

For delineation, use keywords. And try WilsonTC's sentences.

For example: Mars = violence or force; Saturn is control, discipline, repression or restraint. Therefore, restrained violence, disciplined application of force. The sign and house also enter play. Taurus is lazy, wants to accomplish task in one fell swoop. So, highly efficient application of energy, disciplined, restrained. In working, fighting, sex. Great endurance, resistance to hardship, etc.

Very important aspect in anyone's chart, different in each.

In the separating aspect, Mars has already gone past the damping influence of Saturn; the pressure is less and diminishing. Easier to breathe.

Your Mars is in domicile; mine is in debility, and at the apex of a Fixed T-square. Much different.

I have fought (Mars) my father (Saturn) my whole life...even after he was long since in Valhalla.

About orbs: mine is -8°06'... There is no doubt that in my case the conjunction is effective. Ten degrees works just fine. And you can always tighten the orb.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Mars and Saturn together....

I have the same aspect but the conjunction is tighter.

Even they are placed in Scorpio where Mars is on Home Field and Saturn has no dignity... But I feel Saturn more than Mars. Guest Saturn simply overpowers Mars.

Have u always had struggled due to Saturn. Ignore me with my pessimism. At the moment with Saturn in cap it’s causing me issues 😬

greybeard

Look. Life ain't easy. But it's beautiful. Don't fight it (you won't win); enjoy it.

I look at life as a daily adventure. The day may be sunny, or stormy. But it's life, my adventure, and I'll take the storms (which test me, and I like that) along with the sunshine.

So when Saturn comes calling, don't moan and groan. Smile, figure out what your duty is in the particular situation and fulfill it. Hard times are necessary and lead to growth and strength.

Mars is iron; Saturn is carbon. The two together, properly balanced, make steel. But first they must pass through the fire.

Hkk

Account Closed
Look. Life ain't easy. But it's beautiful. Don't fight it (you won't win); enjoy it.

I look at life as a daily adventure. The day may be sunny, or stormy. But it's life, my adventure, and I'll take the storms (which test me, and I like that) along with the sunshine.

So when Saturn comes calling, don't moan and groan. Smile, figure out what your duty is in the particular situation and fulfill it. Hard times are necessary and lead to growth and strength.

Mars is iron; Saturn is carbon. The two together, properly balanced, make steel. But first they must pass through the fire.

Thank you for the advice G. It’s appreciated from someone with your wisdom! Saturn is harsh and yes we should enjoy life regardless. It’s easier said than done when you’re in the thick of it however remembering it will pass and it’s just a lesson and your words of wisdom can help. Thank you 😊

helike13

Your Mars is in domicile; mine is in debility, and at the apex of a Fixed T-square. Much different.

My Mars-Saturn is a corner of a Mystic Rectangle and a "leg" of a Yod.

They are separating in my progressed chart because Mars turned direct when I was 18 but I don't feel any ease.

Have u always had struggled due to Saturn. Ignore me with my pessimism

The Saturn effect kicked in when I was around 12-14. Actually I found out my Saturn mahadasha (in Vedic) started when I was 16 and ends this year :)

Actually I don't really understands his lessons. I just see my life passing by and no progress in that particular area.

or1000

My Mars-Saturn is a corner of a Mystic Rectangle and a "leg" of a Yod.

They are separating in my progressed chart because Mars turned direct when I was 18 but I don't feel any ease.

The Saturn effect kicked in when I was around 12-14. Actually I found out my Saturn mahadasha (in Vedic) started when I was 16 and ends this year :)

Actually I don't really understands his lessons. I just see my life passing by and no progress in that particular area.
I have a mystic rectangle and feeling as if life passes with no improvement. The thing is with Saturn, i do believe it will reward your hard work, grit and determination. With the force that Saturn gives you in an area of your life, it gives you a chance at becoming very familiar with this area of life because of the stubborn nature of it and your need to persist. Do you see what I mean?

helike13

I have a mystic rectangle and feeling as if life passes with no improvement

So it's a Mystic Rectangle thing.... Saturn is innocent :)

With the force that Saturn gives you in an area of your life, it gives you a chance at becoming very familiar with this area of life because of the stubborn nature of it and your need to persist. Do you see what I mean?

Saturn says "it will not gonna happen whatever you do.... you're doomed"

And as my age advances.... I feel less chance to make something happen regarding that life area. Actually I feel steered away from that life area by my fate. Especially after my first Saturn Return.

And my Saturn is intercepted... So there are three different signs in that particular house which means lot of lessons must be learned there. But I'm 35 now and I am at the starting line..... Light years from people of my age group.

helike13

For example: Mars = violence or force; Saturn is control, discipline, repression or restraint. Therefore, restrained violence, disciplined application of force. The sign and house also enter play. Taurus is lazy, wants to accomplish task in one fell swoop. So, highly efficient application of energy, disciplined, restrained. In working, fighting, sex. Great endurance, resistance to hardship, etc.

This is actually a great energy if evolved. Grounded, tender aggression.

Hkk

Account Closed
So it's a Mystic Rectangle thing.... Saturn is innocent :)

Saturn says "it will not gonna happen whatever you do.... you're doomed"

And as my age advances.... I feel less chance to make something happen regarding that life area. Actually I feel steered away from that life area by my fate. Especially after my first Saturn Return.

And my Saturn is intercepted... So there are three different signs in that particular house which means lot of lessons must be learned there. But I'm 35 now and I am at the starting line..... Light years from people of my age group.

Which area of life do you feel less chance to make something happen?

wilsontc

Staff member
Saturn and respnsibility, to heilke

heilke,

You said:
Astrologers say it will be easier to deal with Saturn as the native ages...In my early life I had many opportunities to work on that field what Saturn represents in my chart. But I was keep failing from time to time. As I age I get less and less opportunities.

Saturn is about responsibility and the consequences of NOT taking responsibility. While I have never heard any astrologer say that Saturn was "easy," if you take responsibility for your life and work out your responsibilities in your life, then your Saturn return time tends to go smoothly. On the other hand, if somehow you do not take responsibility or do not get your responsibilities worked out, the Saturn return time can be very challenging, as you suddenly are required to be very responsible about everything in your life.

About responsibility,

Tim

helike13

My Saturn Return was 5 years ago so it's over. That time an opportunity had been shown up which I took.

Which area of life do you feel less chance to make something happen?

I have Saturn in 5th house in Scorpio.... While others usually dive into romance and sexuality in their teens.... For me to lose my virginity is still a plan but I'm 35 now... 😬

Just 2 decades in retard...🥺