Algol rising vs Pluto Rising

Zonark

It's not a matter of stronger; both bodies impart a unique influence. Algol is overwhelmingly regarded as a malefic. Pluto's influence is quite different to Algol's when conjunct the ascendant.

demetraceres

What do you think or do you have any experiences with Algol conjunct the chart (Ascendant) ruler? I can't find much about it, the only thing I found was that it has influence on the first house and the house in which the chart ruler is. In which way I can't say (probably depends on the planet inolved). And the orb would be max 1-2 degrees.

What would you say about the chart ruler Mars (in the second house) conjunct Algol?

Last edited:

ocho

What do you think or do you have any experiences with Algol conjunct the chart (Ascendant) ruler? I can't find much about it, the only thing I found was that it has influence on the first house and the house in which the chart ruler is. In which way I can't say (probably depends on the planet involved). And the orb would be max 1-2 degrees.

What would you say about the chart ruler Mars (in the second house) conjunct Algol?

Yea & probably would make one do anything evil n move anything out there way for sex money/the second house... mars? definitely would mean Aggression n fighting done to achieve it. is your mars in the second house or is it because of the transit right now?

M

may28gemini

It's very hard to compare those 2 because Pluto is a planet and Algol is a fixed star that could conjunct any planet that's around 25 Taurus. Having Algol Venus is going to be different than having Algol Saturn, etc.

I have Pluto in the 1st house and I have Mars conjunct Algol in the 8th, so I'll give you a rundown.

Plutonian energy is heavy, intense, dark, and most of all, hard to control. Having that energy in the 1st house, a very open house, it creates at least a conscious awareness of difficult and uncontrollable energy. Often times, I feel like I cannot directly go after what I want. I have to be sly, manipulate, and maneuver to achieve my objective- so everything has to be indirect. However, I generally get what I want, for better or worse.

Pluto is the planet of extremes- all or nothing, black or white, up or down. For the most part, I am very black and white and I am an all or nothing person. If I do something, I go all in and give 110% and if I'm not interested in something, I drop it completely. I also noticed that people react to me in extreme ways- either I'm loved or hated, but rarely in between. That goes ditto for me as I either love someone or I hate them.

Pluto is also the planet of power and reinvention. I find that I'm constantly in power battles with people and if I don't take charge, others will try to dominate me. When I take charge and have power, people actually listen to me. I change my looks and I got through phases (some good and some awful). If I'm injured or suffer a loss, I regenerate quickly- whether it's physical, material, emotional, intellectual.

Zonark

It seems like an interesting battle, they both seem very powerful but who would back down first? who would notice the others intensity first

Well if Pluto were in Taurus conjunct the Ascendant with Algol (Algol is in Taurus), which is accidental fall, Algol would win because Pluto would be weakened by being in Taurus. That's the simple answer.

ocho

It's very hard to compare those 2 because Pluto is a planet and Algol is a fixed star that could conjunct any planet that's around 25 Taurus. Having Algol Venus is going to be different than having Algol Saturn, etc.

I have Pluto in the 1st house and I have Mars conjunct Algol in the 8th, so I'll give you a rundown.

Plutonian energy is heavy, intense, dark, and most of all, hard to control. Having that energy in the 1st house, a very open house, it creates at least a conscious awareness of difficult and uncontrollable energy. Often times, I feel like I cannot directly go after what I want. I have to be sly, manipulate, and maneuver to achieve my objective- so everything has to be indirect. However, I generally get what I want, for better or worse.

Pluto is the planet of extremes- all or nothing, black or white, up or down. For the most part, I am very black and white and I am an all or nothing person. If I do something, I go all in and give 110% and if I'm not interested in something, I drop it completely. I also noticed that people react to me in extreme ways- either I'm loved or hated, but rarely in between. That goes ditto for me as I either love someone or I hate them.

Pluto is also the planet of power and reinvention. I find that I'm constantly in power battles with people and if I don't take charge, others will try to dominate me. When I take charge and have power, people actually listen to me. I change my looks and I got through phases (some good and some awful). If I'm injured or suffer a loss, I regenerate quickly- whether it's physical, material, emotional, intellectual.

Thanks alot for that clear Information on Pluto! Really helps as I have it In the 7th so I can relate to you alott regarding this. I wish i can get a clear info like this on algol in the 1st house too. that would be awsome.

ocho

Well if Pluto were in Taurus conjunct the Ascendant with Algol (Algol is in Taurus), which is accidental fall, Algol would win because Pluto would be weakened by being in Taurus. That's the simple answer.

You have to go in a time machine into the 1800s for that ahaha and How do we know that Algol is in it's home in Taurus?

& do you think a Pluto Rising & Algol rising would be drawn to eachother instead of repulsion rivalry?

Zonark

Thanks alot for that clear Information on Pluto! Really helps as I have it In the 7th so I can relate to you alott regarding this. I wish i can get a clear info like this on algol in the 1st house too. that would be awsome.

Here's what I know about Algol. It is called the Demon Star, the Medusa star, the star of Pain. It is associated with the most gruesome and horrific kinds of transformations and the ancients considered it the most evil star in the heavens.

It is actually a binary system, a white and brown dwarf star. The brown dwarf orbits in front of the white dwarf causing its light to be eclipsed, so Algol appears to 'blink' every now and then. Ancient astrologers observed that when Algol's light was not eclipsed it exerted a definitively evil influence. Notably it appeared brightest during hundreds of executions and murders, particularly where decapitation, hanging, poisoning, torture or in more modern times electrocution, bombings and other sudden horrific events were involved.

If someone were born with their Ascendant on Algol when its light was shining, the ancient astrologers would take this as an evil omen for the person's life. Likely they will be involved with, in one way or another, the evils Algol was seen to synchronize with.

On a more spiritual level the frightening and painful experiences Algol rules offer immense opportunity for the soul's growth and development. For an idea of a movie series that perfectly characterizes Algol's energy, look at the Saw movies. Jigsaw would definitely be under the influence of Algol, as would all his victims. And as another interesting note for anyone who has seen that series, you know that Jigsaw is actually an astrologer as well as an engineer and a twisted serial killer. His insane torturous inquisition was triggered by his wife's miscarriage due to someone hitting her in the stomach. He had planned the birth of the child very precisely to give it excellent astrological influences.

Last edited:

Zonark

You have to go in a time machine into the 1800s for that ahaha and How do we know that Algol is in it's home in Taurus?

& do you think a Pluto Rising & Algol rising would be drawn to eachother instead of repulsion rivalry?

In many ways Pluto and Algol are alike but Algol is definitely the stronger of the two in Taurus.

We know that Algol is in its home in Taurus because that is where it has been since humankind has been observing the heavens. The stars, unlike the planets, do not move as much. They will stay in one constellation for hundreds of thousands of years, which is why they have names that often characterize them as an essential part of the constellation.

Algol has barely moved from its place in Taurus since the 1800s and even in ancient Sumer, Algol was still in Taurus. The stars do not move like the planets do. They move, but at a much slower pace.

dude123

Banned

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Personally I think Pluto Rising is much more intense and powerful than Algol Rising. But Algol could be very strong in its own way as well, since it's one of the most violent fixed stars.

Contrary to belief that Taurus is a peace-loving sign, it could actually be one of the most violent signs due to the nature of Algol residing at 25 degrees Taurus. So, any planet that conjuncts that angle is said to bestow a "violent streak" to the individual. Take Chris Brown, for example, he has both Sun and Moon conjunct Algol, and was known to brutally beat up his girlfriend. Ouch.

Last edited by a moderator:

demetraceres

Yea & probably would make one do anything evil n move anything out there way for sex money/the second house... mars? definitely would mean Aggression n fighting done to achieve it. is your mars in the second house or is it because of the transit right now?

My natal Mars conjunct Algol is in the second house. I'm not aggressive, especially not for the money and of course not for the sex (but I did experience some aggression from others). I'm wondering maybe it has to do something with self-worth.