Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Neptune can be sweet nothings definitely, and also terrifying sensitivity to pain due to the dissolving of arbitrary compartments of convenience.

Pluto, oh, I was hoping you could do that. Right now I think it has something to do with boundaries as well; where Neptune dissolves boundaries Pluto finds each and every one in their moebius-strip glory and sorts through the overlaps and rearranges them to fit and therefore is referred to as the planet of transformation.

UKpoohbear would be the one to ask about Uranus.

This upcoming SR will have Pluto on the ascendant, so will be an educational year regarding that energy signature. Theoretically I should have more to say about what this energy means after I'm through.

Bunraku

You'll be surprised how many people prefer a straight shooter that does not care to offend others and treats clients like actual adults.
:cool:

Not me. Maybe an earth sign would like that directness and pragmatism. Or fire since they’re all batshit crazy. :lol:

Bunraku

She’s very hot and it’s refreshing to see a fuller figure Chinese woman. It’s funny tho cos the Chinese seem to be really influenced by Western style beauty, like lightening their skin and getting plastic surgery to have wider eyes, so it’s funny there is so much controversy about having a bigger build, which is also Western.

The white skin and big eyes is very baby-like and so is being skinny, it’s prepubescent looking, you know, like how the psychology behind Anorexia is they’re attempting to stay like a child. So maybe the Chinese are adopting Western ideas of beauty only for the more baby features, which is acceptable to the patriarchy, but as soon as they start adopting more Western womanly features, it’s too intimidating and it is shunned.

Yeah, she’s hot. Good for her :)

I’m glad you like her !!!! :smile:
Trend is taller and skinnier and clothes to make you look skinnier

Bunraku

She's fat? Must be by Asian standards. Reminds me of a guy I know who bought one of those Akatsuki outfits from Naruto for a Halloween event. He's a big guy so he got the XL, but when it arrived it looked more like a medium size. Needless to say he gave it away.

Date? Most definitely. Love? I'd have to penetrate beyond her physical beauty and social media gimmickry to see what's underneath. A pretty face is no shortcut to love.

Standards have always been consistent throughout the decades. People just get fatter so people’s standards get messed up as to what is skinny and what isn’t. I think it’s healthy to have a little bit of weight in places for both men and women.
Like our sense of normal and healthy is all ****** up.

I choose not to partake in any of that nonsense.

Also I love Naruto!! Tsunade is my hero. And I love Sakura. I was binge watching the show during my finals, coz I was bored and didn’t want to study, and I ended up finishing it... but it ended up sucking at the end when they had world war 4. It was a really big WTF

Ukpoohbear

Did you know¿ Marilyn Monroe was repeatedly criticized by the press for being too fat. Contrary to popular belief, the hourglass figure wasn’t in fashion in the 50’s, and skinny has always been in.

Dirius

Also I love Naruto!! Tsunade is my hero. And I love Sakura. I was binge watching the show during my finals, coz I was bored and didn’t want to study, and I ended up finishing it... but it ended up sucking at the end when they had world war 4. It was a really big WTF

The last arc was such a dissapointment until the Naruto/Sasuke fight which was kind of ok. :bandit:

Example of a series that went from good, to bad, to good again, to really bad. Does have some nice themes though.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Standards have always been consistent throughout the decades. People just get fatter so people’s standards get messed up as to what is skinny and what isn’t. I think it’s healthy to have a little bit of weight in places for both men and women.
Like our sense of normal and healthy is all ****** up.

I choose not to partake in any of that nonsense.

In more Afrocentric cultures, legitimately fat women are actually sought after. If she landed in one of those, nobody would ever think that she was "fat". I also notice that rural women tend to be heavier than urbanites.

I fell off the Naruto and Bleach train around the 10th grade when the writing started to get forced. I remember it was around the war that I felt that Kishimoto was grasping. Kubo lost the plot completely and was removed from Shonen Jump around the same time that all my interest disappeared. About the only mainstream manga that I follow is One Piece, and then I haven't read a chapter for almost a year.

My brother keeps recommending me (short) Anime that he thinks I would like. One is "Made in Abyss" -- which I haven't gotten around to watching. Maybe you'd like it.

Dirius

I fell off the Naruto and Bleach train around the 10th grade when the writing started to get forced. I remember it was around the war that I felt that Kishimoto was grasping. Kubo lost the plot completely and was removed from Shonen Jump around the same time that all my interest disappeared. About the only mainstream manga that I follow is One Piece, and then I haven't read a chapter for almost a year.

I think the problem with the war arc, aside from being too long, was that the battles either lacked the ideological component that characterised most storylines, or failed to achieve the same internal conflict between protagonists and nemesis, which made the whole ordeal quite boring. There are a few good things about the war arc here and there, but it is mostly just bad storytelling.

The series as a whole rapidly declined after the first part, when they did the time jump.

I never really liked Bleach, always felt the author didn't really knew what to do with the series. And this goes from the Hueco-Mundo arc and forward.

Bunraku

I think the problem with the war arc, aside from being too long, was that the battles either lacked the ideological component that characterised most storylines, or failed to achieve the same internal conflict between protagonists and nemesis, which made the whole ordeal quite boring. There are a few good things about the war arc here and there, but it is mostly just bad storytelling.

The series as a whole rapidly declined after the first part, when they did the time jump.

I never really liked Bleach, always felt the author didn't really knew what to do with the series. And this goes from the Hueco-Mundo arc and forward.

I didn’t like how the war arc was very sterile. The first season had more darkness to it that made it appealing and really set you in the mood.
The war arc was just people fighting this Venus fly trap looking thing and people chatting.

It made zero sense why the characters in the past were a million times stronger and the power diluted and everyone else is very weak. That the two main characters needed a lot of boosts in order to be up to par to the founding leaf fathers.

Also bleach is a very pretty anime, and I think a lot of its appeal is because its settings takes inspiration from a classical period of Japan. Otherwise it isn’t very plausible even for the plot it has... why does the main character blitz through everyone even though he’s literally new.

Dirius

Also bleach is a very pretty anime, and I think a lot of its appeal is because its settings takes inspiration from a classical period of Japan. Otherwise it isn’t very plausible even for the plot it has... why does the main character blitz through everyone even though he’s literally new.

I can agree with this, the design is good, I also loved the OST in the anime, but I feel like the author didn't really have an original way to tell the story, it quickly became another generic shonen of: fight, level up, fight against a stronger opponent, level up, and so on.

While this is sort of true for all shonen manga - bleach was devoided of real character development, internal struggles, or true obstacles to overcome for the protagonist. Ichigo's character arc is super flat, and just rampages through enemies by "oh suddenly I'm stronger".

Aizen, the main villain, was like super boring. He is just bad for the sake of being bad, and doesn't have a grand plan or motivation for anything he does. Its like Dr.Evil in Austin Powers, he is just eviiiiiiiillllllllll.

Last edited:

Dirius

It made zero sense why the characters in the past were a million times stronger and the power diluted and everyone else is very weak. That the two main characters needed a lot of boosts in order to be up to par to the founding leaf fathers.

My problem is that, every other villain in the series had a very clear motivation which made the charcter interesting. Pain is perhaps the prime example of a well written villain, given his storyline is very interesting, has a good motivation and good development, not to mention the arc itself hosts two of the most important events in the story.

The war arc just had mind controlled opponents who didn't really have am internal conflict or motivation, and the final boss was as generic as it comes. The war arc has a few moments which serve to resolve some previous storyline's, like when the foundation of Konoha is explained, but that is it.

It was poorly written an uninteresting for too many episodes. This problem is prevalent on much of Shippuden's development, with uninteresting arcs or just plainly boring characters (not to mention pointless filler episodes).

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I found the characters in Bleach compelling enough that the series was consumable beyond the Soul Society arc (after which the story started to suffer). I could not take Aizen seriously as the "Mastermind".

Dirius

I finished watching the last season of Full Metal Panic during the lockdown.

I did read the manga ages ago - overall a great series.