Do I get married? When?

Summery Joy

I was going through my old horaries when I ran across this one. I asked this question back in May, when I was still dating my ex. Things were starting to go south, and one moment I asked, "Am I going to get married to him or anyone else? When?"

I remember seeing Reception by Opposition, taking it as yes with difficulty, and leaving it at that as good news (given my frustration at the time). I didn't even try to calculate when, which was half of the question.

When I saw it today, it ceased to be good news. I decided to post it here for discussion.

So I am signified by Venus in Aries, "him" by Mars Rx in Libra. The two manage to perfect the opposition at 9:30 degrees before the Moons gets to prohibit it. According to sky script, Bonatti classifies the facility of the perfection to different categories; one of which goes like this:

with pursuit, enthusiasm, but now with urgency, toil and inconvenience, when the significators apply by opposition with reception, or by square without reception.

So, that's the yes with difficulty--obstacles to overcome. Fine, I suppose. But the nature of is difficulty is now alarming me, judging by this chart.

First of all, both Venus and Mars are essentially debilitated. In another discussion on the forum, I was left with the impression that the mutual reception should make up for that, provided that there enough accidental dignity.

Venus is OK, but not great. It's cadent in the 6th. But it's direct, swift, free of the sun's beams, occidental. It passes the test, so to speak.

Mars has a different story though, being very similar to Venus in its own turned chart (being cadent in the 6th, free of beams, oriental, etc). But Mars is retrograde. That's the part that's alarming me. It's like Mars is worse of than Venus.

Looking at the Rx motion from a different perspective, it's actually moving towards Venus to perfect the aspect. So they are mutually moving towards each other. From that point of view the Rx motion should not be as much of a debility compared to a "standard" situation. But then again, it could be wishful thinking on my part.

Could the rx motion denote an ex returning? I would certainly hate that given what I think of all my exes at the moment. I have been hoping for something new and fresh.

I am also annoyed by the fact that Venus us faster than Mars. Skyscript suggest that:

The fastest moving planet usually indicates the fonder of the two - the one most inclined to develop the relationship.

Venus signifies me. And I'm usually the one who is more keen on developing the relationship. Quite honestly, I am tired of it. I'd like to be chased for a change.

About the timing, I placed it the second half of 2015. I'll discuss my method later because, right now, I honestly don't care about the timing given the chart. I feel like, "if that's the dynamic, I don't even want it". You know?

Does anyone have a different take on the chart?

Attachments

• marriagechart.jpg
    marriagechart.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 38

IleneK

Premium Member
Detrimented Mars moving backwards, even if towards the applying aspect, I see as a stepping away from. Then, in addition to Mars' being in detriment and also retrograde, it/he is domiciled in your ill-favored 12th house: characterized by evasion and keeping of secrets.

Also, some astrologers see aspects by retrogradation as having a shocking, severe quality, a "bumping into" feeling to them. And this is coupled with the opposition!

I really don't see a lot of strength for marriage in the term you describe, just a longing as reflected by the the reception between two very weak parties. And it sounds like you don't want to marry. If that is so, then it doesn't matter what a horary chart says. Don't marry!

Best to you.

venuschild

Banned
IleneK

Also, some astrologers see aspects by retrogradation as having a shocking, severe quality, a "bumping into" feeling to them. And this is coupled with the opposition!

Bonatus, a Latin 13th century astrologer of renown wrote much on this:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/v...ghlight=&sid=11a5ea35c55c11a96ef69fea36f3b3e3

http://www.horary.com/guests/horaryrh.html

Bonatus wrote in his Aphorisms:

The 25th Consideration is, Whether the Planet that is Significator be Retrograde, or Stationary to Retrogradation: for then it signifies mischief and damage, discord, contradiction, and going backward with damage; yet being stationary, is not so bad, as being Retrograde. For the last notes the mischief to be, as it were, present and in being. But being Stationary notes that 'tis past and over.

Lilly wrote:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/aphor/aphor.html

#13. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Retrograde Planet, or one in his first station, Significator in Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction

[/FONT]

Summery Joy

Thanks guys! Llenek, I do want to marry, but not when this is the dynamic. Really bad!

Given that my question was not about a certain guy, but rather about marriage in general, do you guys think I am stuck with this chart forever?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks guys! Llenek, I do want to marry, but not when this is the dynamic. Really bad!

Given that my question was not about a certain guy, but rather about marriage in general, do you guys think I am stuck with this chart forever?

By definition, horary charts do not answer questions forever. Questions with "forever" in them are not acceptable horary questions.

rafaella

Well Mars/Venus aspect happens in about 6 degrees. Months or years??? Hmm most likely years... 5-6 years. Also look at that angular Moon and Sun aspect with strong mutual reception.

Both aspects show a possibility, but yes it could be with someone from the past, but not necessarily. I think more than likely its not the best of relationships, because of the opposition, you come together only to separate and then perhaps come together again. Venus and Mars are really weak, but mutual reception shows willingness to help, being open to each other and feelings involved. But cadent placement shows lack of power to act...Because of this relationship, it may cause some unhappiness in both. Can't live together, can't live apart situation - comes to my mind

But that Moon and Sun aspect shows that things may come together, again there is mutual reception here...this is interesting. The square confirms that it will be a challenge to get to that marriage, but I think it can happen.

Part of marriage is ruled by Venus. Its in bad shape. This shows the quality of the relationship, perhaps the ex will return??? Not the best of relationships... lots of drama??