Mars in Cancer in House X - Confused

Yann

I've always been confused about this placement, and i want to know if you can help me with it. I'll post my chart, maybe significators matter... Thanks anyway.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 52

wilsontc

Staff member
Mars on Midheaven, to Yann

Yann,

You said:
I've always been confused about this placement, and i want to know if you can help me with it.

You have Cancer :)cancer: emotions) modifying Mars :)mars: anger, also action) on the Midheaven (outer world) which is Mars in fall (very challenging energy) and in a VERY strong position. So people "see" you as active and maybe even angry, and may challenge you on it. However, getting angry is uncomfortable and emotional, so the challenging of others may be very difficult for you to take. The challenge is to work through any anger issues to action issues...and to keep as emotionally calm as possible when taking actions.

Challengingly,

Tim

Yann

Thank you wilsontc, yes, i get super confident and agressive sometimes, and there are other moments in wich i'm really down. Cancer waves...

!4C

This can be good for careers in security and defense.

My cancer mars is in the 12th with a link to the aries MC. Most of my career has been spent in defense industry that has a lot of secrecy elements to it.

Yann

This can be good for careers in security and defense.

My cancer mars is in the 12th with a link to the aries MC. Most of my career has been spent in defense industry that has a lot of secrecy elements to it.

I am thinking about law career hehe Thanks for the answer.

miquar

Hi Yann. Its a very powerful Mars, as Wilson says. Its on the MC, square the Asc and semisquare the Asc/MC midpoint. But there may be some effort needed to express and fulfill it because you have Libra rising (ruled by Venus in Libra in the first house) and also Moon in Aquarius. So you are predisposed to behave (Moon and Ascendant) in an impartial and ethical manner. But Mars in Cancer is motivated by instinct and personal values, so there is tension here and a need to find ways to channel that Mars energy in a way that doesn't upset the airy Moon and Ascendant.

Sun in Leo is more dramatic, especially when square Pluto, so the Sun and Mars together may feel like a handful sometimes. Or it could be that you're OK with your passionate side, but feel like you have to fight your way through the ethics and notions of others when you're trying to just get on with something.

All in all its a nice balance between passion and social/ethical awareness, as long as you can embrace both sides of your nature. Meanwhile Mercury in Virgo in the 12th (and also Saturn in Pisces in the 6th) will be trying to remind you of what you need to do to stay properly synchronised with the world around you, in a way which enables you to meet your emotional and physical needs.

Yann

Hi Yann. Its a very powerful Mars, as Wilson says. Its on the MC, square the Asc and semisquare the Asc/MC midpoint. But there may be some effort needed to express and fulfill it because you have Libra rising (ruled by Venus in Libra in the first house) and also Moon in Aquarius. So you are predisposed to behave (Moon and Ascendant) in an impartial and ethical manner. But Mars in Cancer is motivated by instinct and personal values, so there is tension here and a need to find ways to channel that Mars energy in a way that doesn't upset the airy Moon and Ascendant.

Sun in Leo is more dramatic, especially when square Pluto, so the Sun and Mars together may feel like a handful sometimes. Or it could be that you're OK with your passionate side, but feel like you have to fight your way through the ethics and notions of others when you're trying to just get on with something.

All in all its a nice balance between passion and social/ethical awareness, as long as you can embrace both sides of your nature. Meanwhile Mercury in Virgo in the 12th (and also Saturn in Pisces in the 6th) will be trying to remind you of what you need to do to stay properly synchronised with the world around you, in a way which enables you to meet your emotional and physical needs.

Thank you very much, really enjoyed the aswer, and yes, like i said before, sometimes i'm too condescending, and i don't like it , because there is something inside me that is really proud... And i have this thinking of reconcile health of body and mind hehe. Thanks again.

*emma*

Banned
Strong placement but perhaps not enough motivational energy or direction behind it, all those easy aspects, to forge goals and act to achieve them.

maybe career counselling?

mars is energy there to propel your life forward, its one of the planets that cant be ignored.

Quick glance at your chart suggests a more creative career than the shackles of law

Last edited:

!4C

Strong placement but perhaps not enough motivational energy or direction behind it, all those easy aspects, to forge goals and act to achieve them.
Actually, I was just looking at Mozart's chart. He had a retrograde, out-of-bounds mars at first degree cancer. His chart is overweight with harmonious aspects. His work was primarily motivated by inspiration, but he was also under a lot of stress with his financial situation towards the later years (don't forget transits). :smile:

*emma*

Banned
Actually, I was just looking at Mozart's chart. He had a retrograde, out-of-bounds mars at first degree cancer. His chart is overweight with harmonious aspects. His work was primarily motivated by inspiration, but he was also under a lot of stress with his financial situation towards the later years (don't forget transits). :smile:

shows how planets in so called detriment can be part and parcel of something great

iwould rather have a capricorn mars than a cancer one as that one is so achieving and forward, my mars incancer is a frustrated little thing, mars in aquairus is brilliant too, but never underestimate the courage and passion and tenacity of a mars in cancer, i would describe that as the best ever soldier
all placements are a gift

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. Yes Leo and Pluto are both energies which can manifest as pride. There is a need to balance the sense of specialness (Leo) with a sense of being a puppet of the forces of fate (Pluto). Otherwise Leo may try to seize control of these forces and then others could be seen as the puppets of one's will. Thus Leo/Pluto needs to have a sense of yielding to a greater power - a sense of humility along side the essentially healthy sense of inner power.

Transiting Saturn will conjunct natal Jupiter and trine natal Saturn soon, which may help with any imbalance. And then in year or so when it reaches the natal Sun Pluto square then any imbalance will probably be highlighted quite strongly in one way or another.

In the mean time you could consider what fears cause you to sometimes express what you call a condescending approach. Perhaps the fear of insignificance or annihilation. Making peace with any such fears will probably help with your problem. And then your Libra/Venus first house will feel more comfortable because you will be able to more easily fulfill your need to approach the world with social awareness.

Yann

Thank you all for the answers, really.

In the mean time you could consider what fears cause you to sometimes express what you call a condescending approach. Perhaps the fear of insignificance or annihilation. Making peace with any such fears will probably help with your problem. And then your Libra/Venus first house will feel more comfortable because you will be able to more easily fulfill your need to approach the world with social awareness.

I'll try to do it! Thanks.

Yann

I am sorry to post here after some time, but recently i am thinking about Psychiatry, I've always been interested in human mind. Do you guys think my chart backs it up?