Saturn opposite ascendant--am I doomed to a life time of unsatisfying relationships?

wan

Hello. I have attached my chart. Basically I have Saturn very closely conjunct my descendant, and therefore opposite ascendant. I have always felt out of place in social settings or even at work. And the people who come into my life don't tend to like me. It just seems like I am a very un-likable person. And I have never had a significant boyfriend (I am a woman), and I am 35. So yes, I have been single for 35 years. Guys just don't seem to like me. And I am not ugly either (though not beautiful either. Id say I am a 5).

I blame all of this on my Saturn opposite ascendant. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• prankster.gif
    prankster.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 75

Kannon

Blaming it all on one astrological factor means you are unlikely to change your life to what you actually want.

While it may be an obvious astrological factor in an obvious position, Saturn does not determine outcomes of happiness in any area of life. It only sets up a challenge to be met. The advantages of Saturnine challenges as it comes to relationship is that if they don't come easy to you, you don't throw them away once they happen. They are valued and commitment is given its proper place.

Having said that, I can also tell you that this chart is not accurate as is. You absolutely do not have Pisces rising. I know it seems you should based on your specific birth time. But I am certain your personality is not Pisces rising, thus this chart is not accurate. Read these descriptions of Rising Signs and compare Capricorn and Aquarius with Pisces:
https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rising-signs-2/#capricorn

There is another reason why your social life is the way you describe and why you are oriented in a way that is not especially social for a Leo type.

I think you are reasonably generous and have a poetic flair and ability to choose kind words at appropriate and much needed times. You are communicative -- at least in artistic terms -- but have potential for management and leadership. This is shown by the conjunctions of Sun-Jupiter (wide), Sun-Mercury, Mercury-Venus. (Also Moon is contra-parallel Mercury showing you speak your feelings or in some way 'put them out there' to be felt by others. However, Sun-Jupiter is square Uranus, so some may immediately perceive you as unconventional, which some will interpret as 'unreliable' or 'unpredictable.'

What I suspect, but cannot know for certain just yet anyway, is that you have a tendency at times to come across as inflexible if not 'bossy.' It depends on your actual Asc and aspects to it. But I can tell you with confidence your correct chart does not have Pisces on the Asc

JUPITERASC

Hello. I have attached my chart. Basically
I have Saturn very closely conjunct my descendant, and therefore opposite ascendant.
I have always felt out of place in social settings or even at work.
And the people who come into my life don't tend to like me.
It just seems like I am a very un-likable person.
And I have never had a significant boyfriend (I am a woman), and I am 35.
So yes, I have been single for 35 years. Guys just don't seem to like me.
And I am not ugly either (though not beautiful either. Id say I am a 5).

I blame all of this on my Saturn opposite ascendant.
What do you guys think?
Your natal SATURN at 12 Virgo is Peregrine
VIRGO is the home territory of MERCURY
and MERCURY, ruler of VIRGO is also Peregine

Both SATURN and MERCURY are Peregrine
because neither planet has any Essential Dignity at their locations

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html :smile:

A Planet is then said to be Peregrine,
when he is in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity,
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries, that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity,
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face, he is then said to be Peregrine;
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine, because then he is in his own Term.
(Lilly, CA, p.112)

'......Essential dignity signifies strength and capacity for beneficial action,
SO
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner' (pereger = beyond the borders
ager
= land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land').
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home. ....'

'....In symbolic terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter -
someone with no title or stake in their environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion
and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation.....'

Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength to convey lasting benefit.
Its position of weakness can be alleviated, however,
if it is strongly dignified accidentally
or if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

Zarathu

Account Closed
According to my program, AstrolDeluxe 7.0, You were born in AWDT, not AWST. This may be what Kannon is talking about. As such, your rising sign is Aquarius not Pisces.

So my comments before about your chart are wrong completely. I would be happy to address these issues for you here online, but it will take a good bit of introspection on your part. Whether you are ready for something like that is unknown at this time.

JUPITERASC

According to my program, AstrolDeluxe 7.0, You were born in AWDT, not AWST.
This may be what Kannon is talking about.
As such, your rising sign is Aquarius not Pisces.

So my comments before about your chart are wrong completely.
I would be happy to address these issues for you here online,
but it will take a good bit of introspection on your part.
Whether you are ready for something like that is unknown at this time.
OP has already mentioned on another thread at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=585208#post585208
that their ascendant is definitely PISCES
according to updated information their has mother confirmed
:smile:

Dude, you are awesome! I totally wasn't expecting such a detailed analysis of my chart and I want to say thank you!

However, I just asked my mother,
and she told me that the time she gave me,
namely 9: 25 PM was the adjusted time.
The legal, "wrist-watch" time of my birth was 8:25 PM.
So my ascendant WAS Pisces at 12 degree!

helgaleena

OP has already mentioned on another thread at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=585208#post585208
that their ascendant is definitely PISCES
according to updated information their has mother confirmed

In that thread which JUPITERASC is referencing, I am of the opinion that this means Saturn is Not in your 7th house.

I think you should use the Extended Chart Selection feature at http://www.astro.com to try out their many House system choices until one appeals to you. But no matter what, this Saturn is important because of its proximity to North Node. It's not in a 'position of strength' perhaps but it's significant to your growth.

If you are presenting in life as someone with strong Saturn, maybe gloomy or lacking humor, remember that your main friendship must be with yourself. Sixth house is a house of health and healing as well as service. So cultivate a healthy relationship with yourself to begin with. Enjoy your own company.

Another tendency of Saturn in 6th house is workaholic, perfectionism, excellent attention to the task. This, quite frankly, can make your co-workers feel jealous or as if you are trying to make them look incompetent.

Saturn's square to Neptune makes your imagination your own worst enemy. Your Saturn has not 'doomed' you to anything. What you tell yourself about it is a scare-story. http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Saturn-Square-Neptune
Neptune is trine your Sun, which is also in sixth house. When being your Neptune self, focus on your solar, Leo nature.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Oh... I don't read every thread everywhere.

But my offer remains.
None of us reads every thread everywhere :smile:

I simply posted a response on that thread
and remembered the OP's comment
that their mother confirmed their time of birth
and thought I would bring that to your attention

Zarathu

Account Closed
None of us reads every thread everywhere :smile:

I simply posted a response on that thread
and remembered the OP's comment
that their mother confirmed their time of birth
and thought I would bring that to your attention

JupiterASC,

Thanks for your clarification. I would have preferred that OP have presented the corrected BT in this new thread.

Bottom line....I'm not sure that anyone knows what the actual birth time is here. It seems pretty confused to me. Without something independent like from the hospital, I would have to back off on my offer.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

WHOLE SIGN HOUSES are available on Extended Chart Selection Page of astro.com
according to WHOLE SIGN
SATURN is in 7th Whole Sign HOUSE

Astrologers rarely agree
so
good idea for OP to research optional house systems

Zarathu

Account Closed
Astrologers rarely agree so good idea for OP to research optional house systems

IMO, Beginning astrologers should choose on the the standards like Placidus, and use it consistently until they become at least advanced level, so that they have some idea of the impact on many different kinds of chart.

JUPITERASC

IMO, Beginning astrologers should choose on the the standards like Placidus,
and use it consistently until they become at least advanced level,
so that they have some idea of the impact on many different kinds of chart.
As stated, it is not unusual for astrologers to disagree :smile:

for example,

dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
and makes the following comment on WHOLE SIGNS TODAY thread at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

Cusps:

Today
(and for the past thousand years or so)
we define cusps as "borders" (coasts),
but that is not the original meaning of the word "cusp":
it means "point"
such as cuspal teeth (bicuspids)
and the point of a sword
-so originally the term cusp meant the "point" of something,
and in astrology originally the "cusp" of the house meant its "point";
now,
when quadrant systems were developed,
this "point" of the house came to mean its "beginning",
which later came to mean its "border",
ie, the "border" between one house and the other.
And later astrology also began using these "borders" (cusps)
for various prognostic applications
(Charles Carter came to believe that, for timing of events,
the "cusps" of the Campanus house system gave the best results,
among the various quadrant house systems)

But now notice this:

in whole sign the cusps are NOT the 0 degree "borders" of sign/houses at all,
and never were so regarded
!

In whole sign, the "cusp" retained its original meaning,
not as a "border"
but rather as A POINT
-and that POINT (cusp) for EACH house,
was the sensitive point of that house,
viz,
the sensitive point in whole sign houses
-each house-
that is the "cusp" of each house
-is a direct projection from the ascending degree.

Example:
-the ascending degree of a chart is 18 Taurus:
what are the house cusps
(sensitive points, original meaning of the word "cusp")
in the whole sign houses of this chart?

Cusp of 1st house = 18 Taurus
Cusp of 2nd house = 18 Gemini
Cusp of 3rd house = 18 Cancer
Cusp of 4th house = 18 Leo
Cusp of 5th house = 18 Virgo
Cusp of 6th house = 18 Libra
Cusp of 7th house = 18 Scorpio
Cusp of 8th house = 18 Sagittarius
Cusp of 9th house = 18 Capricorn
Cusp of 10th house = 18 Aquarius
Cusp of 11th house = 18 Pisces
Cusp of 12th house = 18 Aries

Now it is these "cusps"
(sensitive degrees, original meaning of the word "cusp" as a "point")
that are
(and were)
used for progressions,
timing of events, etc,
and the fact is that they work for these purposes, quite well
(in expert hands)

Whole sign does not use the BORDERS between houses
(always 0 degree of any sign) for anything,
but it DOES use "cusps"
(points in the house, projected from the exact ascending degree)
for timing (and other) delineative purposes.

Whole sign suddenly vanished
(both in the West and in Vedic astrology)
during the same period of time
-ie, late 8th to early 9th century-
this sudden disappearance suggests a sudden turn in astrological thinking and practices,
rather than a gradual supplanting of a less effective traditional method (whole sign)
by a new and more effective method (rheotrius/alchabitius in the West,
and the closely related to whole sign Equal house, in Vedic astrology)

I quite agree with Waybread in the statement, "so what?"
(if old time astrologers did or didn't do something)

For me, there is only 1 reason I switched to whole sign
-it worked better
(FOR ME)
I could care less if it were the oldest house system
(which it is)
or whether it was invented by Badda Bing at Barney's Beanery in Bayonne, 10 years ago:
only things I consider are:

-does it seem to make sense?
-does it "taste good" to me
(ie, does it "feel right" to me)

-and, if yes to the above,
does it work
(producing delineations and predicitions)
better than what I have previously been doing?

Well, whole sign did all that,
for me,
so I switched;
but I am not going to try to convince anyone of anything about it,
except for beginners
-to you who might just be starting out,
I would say: try whole sign first,
and see how well it might work for you

Zarathu

Account Closed
.....dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
and makes the following comment .......

You really are impressed about Richard's more than 50 years of study aren't you, JupiterASC, since you repeat this over and over. :kissing:

Actually, I first started reading about astrology when I was 12 years old. So that means that I have been studying astrology for 53 years. ROTFLMAO!:devil::devil:

:geminiimg:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

You really are impressed about Richard's more than 50 years of study aren't you, JupiterASC, since you repeat this over and over. :kissing:

Actually, I first started reading about astrology when I was 12 years old.
So that means that I have been studying astrology for 53 years. ROTFLMAO!
:devil::devil:

:geminiimg:
Well done :smile:

So
two people who each studied astrology for more than fifty years
disagree on which House System to use
not unusual

by the way
laughter is the best medicine

Last edited:

wan

First of all, thanks to all who replied. Secondly, the way you guys had been talking, now I am a bit confused, myself. I never thought I was an Aquarius or even Capricorn rising. Up until only a few days ago, I thought I was an Aries ascendant. Then, my mother confirmed with me that the legal, "wrist-watch" time I was born at was 8:25 PM. Hence why I said I was a Pisces rising. And it seems quite unlikely that I am an Aquarius rising, because that sign just doesn't "fit" me. And Pisces as the ascendant really works too, because I am dreamy, timid, introverted, accident-prone and not very good with details. I am also the very opposite of "bossy" from my Leo side, and I attribute it to my Pisces ascendant.

Do you guys really think I am actually an Aquarius rising?

Zarathu

Account Closed
First of all, thanks to all who replied. Secondly, the way you guys had been talking, now I am a bit confused, myself. I never thought I was an Aquarius or even Capricorn rising. Up until only a few days ago, I thought I was an Aries ascendant. Then, my mother confirmed with me that the legal, "wrist-watch" time I was born at was 8:25 PM. Hence why I said I was a Pisces rising. And it seems quite unlikely that I am an Aquarius rising, because that sign just doesn't "fit" me. And Pisces as the ascendant really works too, because I am dreamy, timid, introverted, accident-prone and not very good with details. I am also the very opposite of "bossy" from my Leo side, and I attribute it to my Pisces ascendant.

I have known people to believe for many many years that they had a certain ASC and that it was wrong. But after internalizing the characteristics of that ASC, they tend to become what they think. After all, we really are what we think we are---this is why self talk is so incredibly effective to modify our brain.

But then again, after 35 years, both your sun and ASC have progressed into different signs, and the challenges represented by your three kinds of progressed charts may color you into a completely different person in many ways. Though your abilities and skills at birth remain, by age 35 you have new challenges, except perhaps the unresolved oppositions, and new circumstances to work through. Besides there is way more to your chart than just your ASC, which from a cognitive standpoint only represents the action of on part of your triune brain, the reptile brain.

Larxene

Assuming the current chart is correct, yes, that Saturn is malefic. It is contrary to the sect (this is a night chart), not in a familiar zodiac sign (I did not check the boundaries), and it is in the setting place. If sect and zodiacal dignity are not present, a malefic in a setting place is bad. Let's see, both Jupiter and Venus are averse to Saturn. The Moon as the primary trigon/triplicity lord of Saturn is not well-placed to help him. There is no beneficial support whatsoever, and Saturn may even be harmed by being in square relationship with that Mars.

Yep, you're right. Certainly the Saturn is causing problems, cooling down or chilling your relationships. Note that Saturn is domicile lord of the 12th sign, Aquarius. This likely signifies depression or disappointment with one's sexual or romantic relationships.

Mercury, domicile ruler of the 7th sign being combust and retrograde isn't helping things either. In fact, that Mercury is contrary to sect, in an unfamiliar zodiac sign, and in a declining place. It is helped a little by Jupiter and Venus, but not much since they aren't exactly well-placed either.

But I would not blame you personally for making yourself unlikeable. I don't think you are the problem. There are some things in life that are not under our direct control. The reason I say this is case for you is because Saturn is contrary to sect. I can't explain it clearly, but contrary to sect planets often represent those forces that are "not you". They are "The Other". Every person in life experiences both good and bad things. The planets of the sect in favour bring about the better things in life, while the contrary to sect planets, the opposite.

Regards,

Larxene Xenohart

EDIT: Chances are, you are often not in the right place at the right time for relationships to form. Like, someone you just met likes you, but you guys didn't get to meet often enough, and the spark died as time passed. Or, someone likes you but they were in a relationship at the time, so nothing happened. I am just guessing though.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed

Its not what we think.... If the time is 8:25 PM, on August 2, then it appears at first that it was that was Daylight time in Taiwan, not Standard Time. And daylight time means that you have an Aquarius ascendant whether you want it or not.

So the real question here is whether there was daylight time or standard time in Taiwan at that time. AstrolDeluxe says that it was Daylight time. Solar Fire says that it was Standard time. I didn't know which is which.

So more sleuthing......

According to Wiki, DST in Taiwan is a checkered thing:

"Taiwan implemented DST from 1945–61, revoked DST from 1962-73, reinstated DST from 1974–75, revoked DST from 1976-79 and reinstated it in 1980. Taiwan abandoned DST from 1981 onwards."

This means that there was no DST in Taiwan when you were born, so you actually have Pisces rising, not Aquarius, provided that your mother's wrist watch was correct.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
So assuming that your chart is correct, then the Saturn Opp ASC aspect that I alluded to at at first still remains. But at age 35, your 2ndary progressed chart is probably more indicative of the challenges thatyou are experiencing, than your natal except for the unresolved oppositions.

You, of course, still have to deal with your natal abilities and tendencies such as your out of bounds Mars(the prankster actually), the extremely high latitude Moon, and the very high friction 5th and 11th houses, making it difficult for you to function smoothly in both friendship and romance.

And the question remains how deeply you want to delve into the issues? Are you looking for a one shot deal of a couple of posts or are you looking for three hundred pages of description spread over months with a lot of introspection?

One is an "Ah-Hah!" moment, and the other is a lot of hard work. Most people, in my experience, want the simple silver bullet answer, and do not want to use their chart for the kind of introspection that changes lives.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Assuming the current chart is correct, yes, that Saturn is malefic. It is contrary to the sect (this is a night chart), not in a familiar zodiac sign (I did not check the boundaries), and it is in the setting place. If sect and zodiacal dignity are not present, a malefic in a setting place is bad. Let's see, both Jupiter and Venus are averse to Saturn. The Moon as the primary trigon/triplicity lord of Saturn is not well-placed to help him. There is no beneficial support whatsoever, and Saturn may even be harmed by being in square relationship with that Mars.

Yep, you're right. Certainly the Saturn is causing problems, cooling down or chilling your relationships. Note that Saturn is domicile lord of the 12th sign, Aquarius. This likely signifies depression or disappointment with one's sexual or romantic relationships.

Mercury, domicile ruler of the 7th sign being combust and retrograde isn't helping things either. In fact, that Mercury is contrary to sect, in an unfamiliar zodiac sign, and in a declining place. It is helped a little by Jupiter and Venus, but not much since they aren't exactly well-placed either.

But I would not blame you personally for making yourself unlikeable. I don't think you are the problem. There are some things in life that are not under our direct control. The reason I say this is case for you is because Saturn is contrary to sect. I can't explain it clearly, but contrary to sect planets often represent those forces that are "not you". They are "The Other". Every person in life experiences both good and bad things. The planets of the sect in favour bring about the better things in life, while the contrary to sect planets, the opposite.

I agree with everything everyone is saying!! It might not be 'all you' that this Saturn placement is causing in your life, but it's obvious that you will have better luck changing your own attitudes about the situation than other people!

You are not 'doomed'. You are 'challenged'. You are a very efficient person at dealing with challenges in other parts of your life, and it's possible to select among your dreams the ones you most wish to believe in and give faith to.