Tattoos and Pluto in Libra

Munch

Just a quick thought that I had in passing.

I was thinking about how my generation seems to have really taken with tattoos and its become an accepted norm in many places.

What really strikes me is the way that so many women have taken to this art form and method of adornment myself included.

It also strikes me that since this seems to have really taken off with my generation that it might be something of a manifestation of Pluto in Libra.

Any other idea of conjecture there?

Last edited:

Zaphod

Just a quick thought that I had in passing.

I was thinking about how my generation seems to have really taken with tattoos and its become an accepted norm in many places.

What really strikes me is the way that so many women have taken to this art form and method of adornment myself included.

It also strikes me that since this seems to have really taken off with my generation that it might be something of a manifestation of Pluto in Libra.

Any other idea of conjecture there?

This subject is of great interest to me. When my daughter was born, I noted that she had Uranus rising, within a couple of degrees of the Ascendant. I told my wife she might someday have some kind of distinctive appearance, perhaps a scar of some sort. Well, at age 27 she now has tattoos of her own design over roughly 40% of her skin surface, with no end in sight. She doesn't have any on her face (yet) but she isn't shy about exposing those on other parts of her anatomy. She has Pluto at 3 degrees of Scorpio, though, not Libra. I googled astrology and tattoos and was just reading an interesting article on the Egyptian goddess Seshat and the concept of the "painted lady," which the author tied to the practice of Egyptian women to tattoo their bodies. Seshat seems to have been a lunar goddess, later relegated to the wife of Thoth since the patriarchy could not let a principal female deity stand. The article was mainly about the Picatrix and the use of lunar mansions, but didn't make any other relevant connections regarding tattoos (and, of course, Pluto and Uranus were both unknown then).

M

may28gemini

for the record, i don't think of tattoos as an adornment. i've always liked tattoos as i like nearly all forms of art. i consider tattoos as body artwork and think it's one of the highest and most practical form of art.

i think tattoos is more of a scorpio pluto thing- something dark, taboo, underworld, rather than a libra pluto thing. there were yakuza bosses that got skinned after they died to preserve their beautiful tattoos. that's a very scorpio pluto attitude.
i've met a lot of libra plutos who don't have tattoos at all, they find it completely unattractive and appalled by it. because i look really young, i can easily pass for the scorpio pluto generation. actually, people of scorpio generation love my tattoos and constantly ask me who my artist is. however, more people of the libra pluto generation, i.e. my generation, find that tattoos on a female to be distracting and unfeminine. i've encountered more libra pluto guys who flat out say, "i don't like women with tattoos. if they have tattoos, only small ones that aren't visible." well that definitely cuts me out because i have a half sleeve, chest tattoos, and one on my foot. it's always the scorpio pluto guys who dig my tattoos.

Last edited:

Zuri

Tattoos (of which I'm not a fan...can't you tell that I'm in the Pluto in Virgo generation? lol) seem to have really taken off with the Pluto in Scorpio generation, those born between 1983 and 1995. They've taken what used to be sort of a taboo, and turned into an ordinary thing. Especially in regards to its acceptability among women.

Munch

That's interesting that you both have had the opposite experience than me. Of course, to be fair, I also have Singleton Uranus, so maybe that non-conformist part of me is different.

That said, almost everyone I know that is my age, and thus Pluto in Libra DOES have tattoos and my Pluto in Scorpio boyfriend is just not interested. He doesn't mind mine, but he doesn't want any. He doesn't see the appeal.

M

may28gemini

i have singleton neptune and mars. my mars is in the 8th house and neptune in the 3rd. neptune loves all things artistic and is very vocal about it in the 3rd. my tattoos were featured in my artists' portfolio and pictures were circulating with of my tattoos as her work for awhile. everyone hailed it as new art. a lot of girls wanted my artist to tattoo them with what i had done but i made my artist uphold and respect my artistic integrity because i designed my tattoos and i picked out the colors. i had my tattoos placed where they were and i would absolutely go ape sh*t crazy and break some airhead hipster chick if she bites off my style. no way. mars in 8th are absolutists and if anyone gets on our sh*t list, watch out. a good way to get on my bad list is to steal my designs and ideas.

mars in the 8th is linked with an animalistic/dark sort of sexuality, something mysterious and hidden. naturally the scorpio pluto generation would go for me with tattoos because i bring out the sexual appeal of tattoos. my tattoos are light and feminine, in soft realistic colors. the themes are feminine and have a hidden feel to them because some of them are woodblock scenes which goes back to the late edo period in japan (i tweaked them specifically for me) and brings out a geisha vibe. i'm not an overtly sexual person and i'm passive. i don't initiate any conversation with men and i rarely look at them. but men, esp those from the scorpio pluto generation go nuts over seeing me shyly look away from them and seeing my tattoos peak out from my clothes. that would be a bit too risque and sexual for prudish libra pluto to handle HAHAHA

Last edited:

I cee

I have a love/hate towards tatoos, I really wanted one a few years ago,but only think I would have one if it was truly unique, and was my design, like MayGemini28 says.
Ha, I have mars ruling my 8th and neptune in 3rd!!
My uranus in the 1st demands this LOL! Has to be different from the masses.
I love The rapper Eve's tattoo of cat paw prints on her breasts, I thought that was just sooo cooool!
Also the barcode thing, but then everyone started having them and the celtic thing, OMG....how many!
I'm the virgo pluto generation, but my pluto 1st just loves em..:devil:
My brother has a great design of a geisha gal, he's virgo pluto and has a lot of scorpio and aquarius in his chart, but a lot of people I know who do have a lot of tattoos are of the libra pluto generation, but I don't know all of their personal charts, so.....??
Great thread Munch!

M

may28gemini

I have a love/hate towards tatoos, I really wanted one a few years ago,but only think I would have one if it was truly unique, and was my design, like MayGemini28 says.
Ha, I have mars ruling my 8th and neptune in 3rd!!
My uranus in the 1st demands this LOL! Has to be different from the masses.
I love The rapper Eve's tattoo of cat paw prints on her breasts, I thought that was just sooo cooool!
Also the barcode thing, but then everyone started having them and the celtic thing, OMG....how many!
I'm the virgo pluto generation, but my pluto 1st just loves em..:devil:
My brother has a great design of a geisha gal, he's virgo pluto and has a lot of scorpio and aquarius in his chart, but a lot of people I know who do have a lot of tattoos are of the libra pluto generation, but I don't know all of their personal charts, so.....??
Great thread Munch!

Interesting...I have Pluto 1st too. I guess the weird one is me because the Libra Plutos I meet are often not tattooed. Once in awhile I'll see someone born in the mid or late 70s have tattoos but they're of the mass produced kind and regret getting any ink done. I really don't meet those tatted up unless they're from Scorpio Pluto.

I'm not sure what it is but I've never felt like I belonged to my Pluto generation- Libra. I always felt like I was born to a very weak Pluto and it's very ill fitting for me. I grew up in a very strong and harsh plutonian household of 2 Leo Plutos (father has 4 Scorpio stellium and mother is Leo with Mars conjunct Pluto) and I'm a bit plutonian as well. I tend to get along much better with the evil Scorpio Plutos or the even more evil Leo Plutos (my parents generation). Most of the time I want to disown Libra Pluto because I think it's spineless and don't stand up for itself... A lot of my generation are disappointments and lack will power to fight. It seems like all my generation wants to do is blend in and be part of the crowd (having mass produced tattoos is a fine example), have safety in numbers. Well I reject that and think it's stupid to be that sheepish. That's probably why my tattoos and looks widely appeals to Scorpio Pluto gen bc I am striking and I'm not afraid to deviate/ be a loner.

Caro

pluto in virgo here. not so sure it is this planet/sign. I think it may be more uranian.

Ok - I dont like. In fact I would go as far to say on some occasions have found it repulsive. David Beckham good looking guy - what has he done. its a mess!

However on a trip to New Zealand walked into restaurant in Auckland and literally bumped into a Maoiri guy and team he was head to toe tattoed. All over his face. Stunning. Massive visual impact. He looked every inch the warrior although he was just having dinner like me.

The difference - that was art - years of tribal history probably done by a tribal elder/expert.

sometimes it(tatoos) does look like someone is trying to self abuse. well that is how it comes across to me.

A friend late pluto in virgo has tatoos on her feet. Id say she regrets it. But their aint a lot she can do about it now.

I cee

I agree with you Caro, it looks like David Beckham got his kids to draw biro on him.
I think tattoos make a statement and that is Uranus, but when everyone has the same tatoos maybe thats more of a Saturn uniform now and Uranus will have to make up new ways to shock!!!!
Piercings, I think are the same!
When tattoos mean something and are individual, like the maori tatoos then they are exquisite!
There is one thing though I have to disagree with you on, Caro!...........
David Beckham, good lookin' guy, hmmmmm, not my cuppa tea and he is looking suspiciously like Clint Eastwood these days?? He's done the kilt/skirt thing maybe it will be a cowboy hat and poncho next!:w00t:

Munch

All of my tattoos are collaborations of my time and effort/ideas with my artist. Many planning sessions went into mine and a ton of money.

I have zero regrets around my tattoos, but then again, they are mine. My heart, my soul and my expression. All of them can be covered and all of them were executed by amazing artist and not just some dude with a needle and some flash.

May, that is incredibly interesting about feeling like you have a weak pluto! I feel like mine has worked me over a couple dozen time! For me, though, all of my planets with the exception of Mars are in the 1st quadrant. Consequently, having Pluto conjunct my POF in the 1st house, has resulted in Pluto coming into contact with almost all of my personal planets by way of Conjunction.
I am also very Plutonian. I can't count the number of little deaths that I have experienced.

M

may28gemini

i didn't say my pluto is weak, i said my pluto generation is weak aka libra pluto.

like i said before, i think the libra pluto generation lack willpower and don't make much of a stance about anything...not like the leo pluto generation (big time) or even the virgo pluto generation (60s must have been a blast). libra pluto has been known for promiscuity, very beautiful people, lots of venereal diseases, good music; basically sex, drugs, and rock n'roll. in the scheme of it all, that generation didn't take much of a stand about anything... just as long as things looked good it was ok. i'm not into that kind of shallowness and i've been fed up with it. i've always had a hard time relating to those in my generation, i just find that the ones i encounter are so often vapid and lack any depth. perhaps there's a resistance to depth, perhaps there's an inability to reach anything further than the surface, i don't know. whatever it is, i've always faired better with those who are from the leo and scorpio pluto generations because they're a bit more aggressive.

as for you mentioning about POF, i don't know much about it other than that i thought it couldn't make any aspects and that it's just "there." i don't know what you mean when you said pluto conjuncts your POF and because of that, pluto conjuncts your personal planets?

Munch

Sorry, I misunderstood your original statement.

I get what you mean about the generational influence. I too have been troubled by my generations apparent 'who cares?' attitude as well. I'm constantly amazed by how many people my age don't actually have any idea what's going on in the world or even at home. The passage of NDAA was horrifying to me and yet no one really said much of anything......of course that silence spanned all generations as near as I can tell.

Interestingly enough, one my my tattoos says, 'I will not be silenced.'

The scarey venereal disease, AIDS belongs to the Pluto in Scorpio generation. At least that's when it first appeared. I'm not saying a bunch of babies somehow magically got the disease and spread it, but I am pointing out that it wasn't until Pluto in Scorpio. Seems fitting when you considered how it impacted and transformed the way people entered into physical relationships.

I consider Pluto conjunct my POF symbolic only. I don't feel it actually makes any real difference there. However, that symbolism is heightened for me when I consider that Pluto has or shall make a conjunction to almost all of my personal planets by the time I am 45 years of age. The only three planets that will not have this aspect happen are Jupiter/Saturn and Mars.
Thus, the POF being representative of the three most personal parts of the chart (imo) and conjunct Pluto is symbolic in my mind of the complete transformation of my self, top to bottom through this lifetime.

I feel I am very Plutonian due to the nature of having my entire being transformed . (I am really sick of that word and wish there was a better one to describe the Plutonian process)

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

that's precisely it! the "who cares, as long as i'm part of the mainstream following, i'm safe" attitude. people just don't stand up for something that goes beyond prettiness. i have a lot of air and half of that is in libra so i'll admit, i am a beauty worshipper. i hate being around ugliness and that just depresses me but seriously, it doesn't just stop with appearances. there has to be something deeper and goes beyond the surface. the libra pluto generation is basically just concerned about their jobs, their families, and appearing normal. that's all fine and good, but to have your heads in the dirt and avoid some bigger societal issues is just plain stupid.

the last time pluto was in libra was in mid 1984. i checked out birth rates and apparently the decline in birthrate hit in 83/84 so the AIDS scare really started in late libra pluto but the scare actually spread like wildfire during scorpio pluto. libra energy is more hidden with sexuality (want to appear classy and polished) but actually loose. scorpio is open about sexuality but actually more contained.

oh wow, i forgot you're cap sun and pretty much every outer planet during our lifetimes have been in cap or will. yikes. for gemini suns, we went through all of the outer planet's opposition so that was pretty rough. my divorce hit me towards the end of sagittarius pluto. boy was i seething with anger.

plutonian meant something different to you. i take the meaning as someone who's got power/control issues and have been through the ringer with authority and virtually everyone they encounter. that's me in a nutshell. people often try to control me and push me around. when i get fed up, everyone thinks i'm really scary and then will stop messing with me. i generally won't get respect until i start to throw around my plutonian side. i really hate that. i mostly use my jupiter side and nice people likes how good natured i am.

kewf1988

If you're born from late 1974-1981, you have Uranus in Scorpio (and looking back at previous posts, the OP and may28gemini both have it, which is likely the reason you're both tattooed and are deeper than the Pluto Libras with Uranus in Libra or Sagittarius). Most of the tattooed Pluto in Libras are born during this time, and while Pluto in Scorpio is known for tattoos, quite a few Neptune in Scorpios are tattooed as well. Tattoos are associated with Scorpio more than Uranus/Aquarius or Libra (Pluto in Libra is why people born from 1971-1984 are heavily into relationships and justice), as shown by the lack of Pluto in Leos and Pluto in Cancers with tattoos, as they have no generational Scorpio influence.