My good friend Pluto

I am new here and I've been reading through posts and I have noticed that Pluto seems to be a dirty word in these here parts.
Is this forum the place where Pluto can be discussed without upsetting people?

Rosaroo11

Of course! I think Pluto is transformative and powerful - it is a slow moving planet and often, the occurrences and changes that occur with a pluto transit arent appreciated until much later in life (sometimes sooner). Pluto=power. JFK had unaspected pluto in his chart (8th house to boot)!

heidy26

I am new here and I've been reading through posts and I have noticed that Pluto seems to be a dirty word in these here parts.
I don't think people are upset with Pluto.:lol:
Pluto destroys and then rebuilts what it destroyed. It is the end and the beginning. It transforms us, but not to hurt us, just to create a better version of us.
I find it rather important and useful.

emily23

hi Sirius, ignore the current anti Pluto rubbish, many astrologers and astrology students find it exceedingly valuable in many ways as any other planet, fret not....

:lol:

Pluto is here to stay least because no other planet represents what Pluto does represent...much

emily23

I'm pleased to hear that I'm not alone in my observance and appreciation of Pluto's place in astrology!
No you are not, not in a million years

I personally think Pluto should be restricted though in interpretation to contacts to very personal points...same with other trans Saturn planets

No you are not, not in a million years

I personally think Pluto should be restricted though in interpretation to contacts to very personal points...same with other trans Saturn planets

I'm still pretty new to astrology and not sure what you mean here. If you don't mind, could you please elaborate?

My understanding is that Pluto rules Scorpio (with Mars) and rules the 8th house. I have a packed 8th house and my husband has Sun in Scorpio so I have an interest in Pluto and would like to better understand it's place in initiation/transformation. My understanding is that Pluto in the chart indicates where and how major transformations take place.

muchacho

hi Sirius, ignore the current anti Pluto rubbish, many astrologers and astrology students find it exceedingly valuable in many ways as any other planet, fret not....

:lol:

Pluto is here to stay least because no other planet represents what Pluto does represent...much
Fully agree. Most of the criticism is based on misconceptions about Pluto and also ignores the extensive research and empirical evidence that's been piling up for the last 85 years. Pluto does represent a unique signature. If not, why else would we use it the way we do?

CapAquaPis

Pluto isn't only the planet of doom and gloom, it can be beneficial to some people and carries good luck charms to their lives. The planet of sex and death, birth and resurrection, violence and medical healing, and most of all: esoteric belief, fascination with taboos, mysticism and spirituality: this is why Pluto rules its sign Scorpio associated with these concepts and some say co-ruler of Aries, and the new planetary rulership proposal of Capricorn. Plutonian Aries and Capricorn are "morbid" as much as Scorpio. But, Aries is the start of the astrological year (March 21st, spring solstice in the northern hemisphere) and Capricorn the sun sign of the calendar new year (every New Years day January 1st). Pluto isn't only the ending, it's more of the beginning.