Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

blackbery

Re: Aunt on Facebook

BLM was founded after Zimmerman was acquitted of killing Travyon Martin.
Zimmerman was not a cop but a racist who hunted the young black man and then shot him dead. Tragic. But the cops didn't kill him. And Actually, more white people are shot by police than black people. And Since certain black areas have more gun violence, both black and white cops have to defend themselves. I wouldn't be a cop for a million a year, now they are quitting in NY and they have had to put a 'hold' on early retirements.

Police officers across the US have quit their jobs in recent days.

BLM was formed under Obama, as well as the Ferguson riots and the murder of T.Martin. There have been racial incidents under every president.

Police have killed 598 people in 2020.

Black people have been 28% of those killed by police since 2013.

Database updated as of 6/30/2020

"Black Lives Matter" began as a loosely affiliated organization in 2014 following the Ferguson, Missouri shooting of Michael Brown. It's stated intention as an umbrella organization is non-violent civil disobedience.
If blackbery is correct, it appears to have been either hijacked by violent anarchists, or was disingenuous about its real motives from the beginning.

There is cause for the claim of excessive police brutality against black citizens of the U.S., however. Unbiased statistics show that regarding fatal police shootings alone (which doesn't include deaths by other means), about 33% of them were directed at black citizens, even though the demographics show that less than 14% of the U.S. population is considered black.

Meanwhile, known, self-avowed White Supremacist organizations have reportedly increased their membership rolls by about 50%.

All of this violence is happening on Trump's watch.

aquarius7000

Dirius, not sure where you get your information from but Europe and self-Defence when it systematically went around looting other countries, destroying their industries, enslaving them, killing tens of thousands, treating coloured people worse than dogs... your claim is quite the joke... and yes, did make me laugh lol 😂 You either seriously have very little (to put it mildly) idea of history, or might feel the need out of personal reasons to defend Europe. Think of the colonies of the French, British... and how they ruined so many countries. Give me a break.

I am not going to get into any back and forth with you out of a no. of past experiences. I also see how you behave with others and start with your passively-aggressive intimidation and bullying tactics. Another reason being that there is a very wide gap between your knowledge level, understanding of issues and mine. Your responses to my posts and that of others prove it to me repeatedly. Given both those points there is no way, you and I can have a sensible fruitful discussion, let alone that you will ever succeed at convincing me.
I prefer that you stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours
For most of its existance Europe has only waged wars in self-defense against African or Asian nations.

The Roman Empire's both Asian and African provinces were actually gained in self-defense wars against the Carthigian Empire and Seleucid Empire, in the aftermath of the 2nd punic war, which triggered the first pan-european empire.

Alexander the Great's conquest were a response to the previous Persian invasions. And so on, and so on...

So you are only talking about a segment of history, the one which suit your point, from 1500 onwards, on the exploration era.

If you wanna go all historical, lets talk about all of written history.

For the majority of history of humanity, Europe was rarely been the aggresor in most conflicts.

Should Italians seek reparations from African nations? Or Eastern Europeans from Asian nations?

Last edited:

blackbery

Who will you call when all the police are gone.

In Dallas, where at least 100 officers staged a “Blue for Black Lives” march this month, scars linger from an incident four years ago, when a man shot dead five officers who were patrolling a Black Lives Matter rally.

The entire SWAT team in the Miami suburb of Hallandale Beach resigned this month, complaining of “disdain” from locals for doing its job.

They joined dozens of officers across the country — cops in Atlanta, Minneapolis and Buffalo, N.Y., among them — who have walked off the job.

“All officers, at this point, are afraid to do their jobs,” said Vincent Champion, Southeast regional director for the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, who said they felt “nobody has their back.” The union represents more than half of the city’s officers.

“Yes, we signed up to protect and serve our communities. We understand the danger. What we didn’t sign on for was to be wrongly accused or not even given the chance to go through the hearing that the same people we arrest and put in jail have the ability to go through.”

eekndyn

its people of color

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 23

blackbery

We live in 2020 now aquarius7000 why are you living in the past?
Slavery existed in Africa long before the Europeans went there.
It was other Africans that sold the slaves to Europe/U.S.
But that's ended now. They fought a civil war over it did you know?:sideways:
It was due to Religious Groups like the Quakers that brought slavery to an end in Europe. But in rich countries like saudi arabia and UAE they use people from the Philiipiines like slaves. Europe and the U.S. are the places where all poor and oppressed people want to live for it's the places of democracy and freedom. Try living in China or Russia and see how much free speech you have there.

Dirius, not sure where you get your information from but Europe and self-Defence when it systematically went around looting other countries, destroying their industries, enslaving them, killing tens of thousands, treating coloured people worse than dogs... your claim is quite the joke... and yes, did make me laugh lol 😂 You either seriously have very little (to put it mildly) idea of history, or might feel the need out of personal reasons to defend Europe. Think of the colonies of the French, British... and how they ruined so many countries. Give me a break.

I am not going to get into any back and forth with you out of a no. of past experiences. I also see how you behave with others and start with your passively-aggressive intimidation and bullying tactics. Another reason being that there is a very wide gap between your knowledge level, understanding of issues and mine. Your responses to my posts and that of others prove it to me repeatedly. Given both those points there is no way, you and I can have a sensible fruitful discussion, let alone that you will ever succeed at convincing me.
I prefer that you stay out of my way and I will stay out of yours

aquarius7000

How convenient isn’t it? Go ruin other countries and some years hence - say we live in 2020. Obviously because what was done to those countries have no repercussions on how they might have needed to come up in many areas from ground zero, how their economies were destroyed. How imposition of English and the european culture on the indigenous people completely crushed their identity, how religious conversions no end and still happening have no impact on the locals, how many many families lost so many members in their fight of independence. How convenient, isn’t it.

Appalling some of the things one gets to read here.
We live in 2020 now aquarius7000 why are you living in the past?
Slavery existed in Africa long before the Europeans went there.
It was other Africans that sold the slaves to Europe/U.S.
But that's ended now. They fought a civil war over it did you know?:sideways:
It was due to Religious Groups like the Quakers that brought slavery to an end in Europe. But in rich countries like saudi arabia and UAE they use people from the Philiipiines like slaves. Europe and the U.S. are the places where all poor and oppressed people want to live for it's the places of democracy and freedom. Try living in China or Russia and see how much free speech you have there.

blackbery

Would you rather live in Ethiopia or Europe?:whistling:
And thousands lost their lives during the civil war. You don't have a good understanding of U.S. history which includes the civil rights movement. You want to live in the past and be angry at Europe for its past. Go live in Moscow since you hate the west so much. Or China. Take your pick.

How convenient isn’t it? Go ruin other countries and some years hence - say we live in 2020. Obviously because what was done to those countries have no repercussions on how they might have needed to come up in many areas from ground zero, how their economies were destroyed. How imposition of English and the european culture on the indigenous people completely crushed their identity, how religious conversions no end and still happening have no impact on the locals, how many many families lost so many members in their fight of independence. How convenient, isn’t it.

Appalling some of the things one gets to read here.

david starling

BLM was founded after Zimmerman was acquitted of killing Travyon Martin.
Zimmerman was not a cop but a racist who hunted the young black man and then shot him dead. Tragic. But the cops didn't kill him. And Actually, more white people are shot by police than black people. And Since certain black areas have more gun violence, both black and white cops have to defend themselves. I wouldn't be a cop for a million a year, now they are quitting in NY and they have had to put a 'hold' on early retirements.

Police officers across the US have quit their jobs in recent days.

BLM was formed under Obama, as well as the Ferguson riots and the murder of T.Martin. There have been racial incidents under every president.

Police have killed 598 people in 2020.

Black people have been 28% of those killed by police since 2013.

Database updated as of 6/30/2020

Twice the 14% they represent of the entire population.

I don't recall BLM becoming violent until Trump's presidency.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Would you rather live in Ethiopia or Europe?:whistling:
And thousands lost their lives during the civil war. You don't have a good understanding of U.S. history which includes the civil rights movement. You want to live in the past and be angry at Europe for its past. Go live in Moscow since you hate the west so much. Or China. Take your pick.
Thanks for making me fully aware of your thinking and your highly irrational and heartless rationale. If you are a rep of Europe, I prefer to not live in Europe. Thankfully I know many sensible Europeans that are highly remorseful of what their country and people have done to others in the past.

eekndyn

What is this? From apartheid south africa or 1960s U.S.:confused:

They don't have 'colored' areas anymore. That's what civil rights was all about.

60' the jim crow era. Where they called black people colored to be changed to well another unfriendly term used.

blackbery

But you're the one highly irrational and emotional for if you truly hated the west so much you would be happy to leave.

If you don't like Moscow or Bejing, how about Addis Ababa. :whistling:

The west allows freedom of religion, free speech, freedom to live where you want, to travel. Unlike many Nations where you are totally under the control of the government.

Pack your bags and leave if you are hate Europe so much.

Thanks for making me fully aware of your thinking and your highly irrational and heartless rationale.

blackbery

They also called my people various derogatory names and still do in certain places. Move on people, the don't call anyone the 'n' word anymore.:sideways:

60' the jim crow era. Where they called black people colored to be changed to well another unfriendly term used.

david starling

They also called my people various derogatory names and still do in certain places. Move on people, the don't call anyone the 'n' word anymore.:sideways:

Actually, many still do in Texas and the Deep South, in public. In other places, they use it in private conversation.

Last edited:

blackbery

I can tell that you've never even been to the Deep South!:biggrin:
You don't think there's racism against jews, asians, native people? But for the most part, people are tolerant and accepting, all over the world. You know who doesn't accept other faiths and other ethnic groups? They throw gay people off roofs of buildings. But all you can criticize is the U.S. Maybe you want to move to Ethiopia along with aquarius7000? :andy:

Actually, they still do in Texas and the Deep South, in public. In other places, they use it in private conversation.

eekndyn

Racist are in every race.. it is still used in the melatonin community. Almost a sign of endearment. Its infiltrated in music and culture.