Donald Trump will be impeached.

david starling

Re: Donald Trump will be impeached inn your dreams

Why are MAGA hats inflammatory?

Maybe because Trump himself has never (to my knowledge) explained what MAGA stands for, and why he used it as his slogan.
But, everyone in the U.S. knows they're inflammatory, for whatever reason. Tempers can run high in partisan politics.

Witchyone

Maybe because Trump himself has never (to my knowledge) explained what MAGA stands for, and why he used it as his slogan.
But, everyone in the U.S. knows they're inflammatory, for whatever reason. Tempers can run high in partisan politics.

He did. If you can stand to listen to him speak without vomiting from the self-aggrandizing way he speaks, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnzAT-51ql0

Oddity

So you don't think it's because back then there were lots of factories in America, and almost everyone who wanted one had a job?

Not to mention that a job (not two or three) was enough to support your family and buy a house back then?

According to an interview with Trump, it hasn't been great since the late 40s to 50s. It has been noted and remarked upon that this was before the equal rights movements for women, people of color, gays, and many other minority groups. The obvious message is that America was great when white wealthy men held all the power.

JUPITERASC

WHY were the kids wearing inflammatory hats.
which raises the obvious question
Why are MAGA hats inflammatory?
and the given answer is
Maybe because Trump himself has never (to my knowledge)
explained what MAGA stands for
, and why he used it as his slogan.
But, everyone in the U.S. knows they're inflammatory,

for whatever reason.

Tempers can run high in partisan politics.
so MAGA hats are inflammatory but no one can explain why :smile:
except that tempers can run high in partisan politics

They had a right to wear them, but
what statement does the hat make
as a subliminal message?
I'd say they were deliberately triggering a confrontation, and
then claiming no responsibility for it.
so it is admitted that
while they had a right to MAGA hats
nevertheless those MAGA hats conceal some suspected unknown subliminal message
deliberately subliminaly designed for triggering confrontation

Witchyone

By the way, all, I do not think these kids should be expelled, hunted down, threatened, etc. People always take these public shamings way too far. However, some shame is warranted in the situation. Some punishment is probably also warranted. The parents should be appalled that it happened and apologetic in defending their children's dignity. The grown people on the other side who started arguing with the children should also be apologizing for their role in it.

Witchyone

So you don't think it's because back then there were lots of factories in America, and almost everyone who wanted one had a job?

Not to mention that a job (not two or three) was enough to support your family and buy a house back then?

I do think that's one of the main reasons for it. Other important reasons include that most people lived in communities where they could keep their doors unlocked back then. For most people there _seemed_ to be fewer racial problems, because people mostly lived in racially segregated areas (we still do, in fact, but less so).

But if you were someone who could not pursue happiness back then because you weren't white, how can you let it slide when people say they would like to go back to that state, because their lives being good was more important than you having equality under the law?

Oddity

So you think that reintroducing legal racial segregation was something Trump wanted to do? I didn't hear that.

Yeah, the guy has been a pig in the past with disasters like the Central Park Five fiasco, not to mention back in '74 I think it was with not renting to blacks, but I'm not so sure he's actually a racist these days. Bad for politics, if nothing else.

I do think that's one of the main reasons for it. Other important reasons include that most people lived in communities where they could keep their doors unlocked back then. For most people there _seemed_ to be fewer racial problems, because people mostly lived in racially segregated areas (we still do, in fact, but less so).

But if you were someone who could not pursue happiness back then because you weren't white, how can you let it slide when people say they would like to go back to that state, because their lives being good was more important than you having equality under the law?

JUPITERASC

What's your interpretation of "Make America Great Again"?
When was it last great, and what made it become no longer great?
MAGA??? Is it the name of an ancient god or goddess of anger and strife?
That would explain a lot, on the occult level.
HIDDEN MEANING OF MAGA
MAGA may refer to: Trees in Malvaceae family of the Rosids order :smile:

So you don't think it's because back then there were lots of factories in America,
and almost everyone who wanted one had a job?
Not to mention that a job (not two or three)
was enough to support your family and buy a house back then?
Bill Clinton Photoshop of his tarnished reputation
has nothing to do with Monica Lewinsky
and everything to do with the fact that
biggest beneficiaries of Bill Clintons administration were Wall Street, Chinese factory owners and U.S. banks
and the biggest losers were blue collar workers.
'....Mitt Romney may have run a company that outsourced jobs
but Clinton ran a country that did.....' :smile:

Dirius

But most discrimination came at the hands of the democratic party, who sponsored the KKK and multiple segregation laws. The republicans always wanted equal rights.

So if in your opinion, how can Trump point to the past when racism belongs to the opposite party? And please don't say Trump "isn't a republican", he is in favour of tax cuts, and upholding security, plataforms that have always been part of the republican party.

JUPITERASC

So leftists have no self-control?
They simply cannot stop being abusive and violent, and it's not their fault
that the sight of a hat drives them to this?
Good to know.
apparently it's due to subliminal messages :smile:
i.e.
.......what statement does the hat make as a subliminal message?
I'd say they were deliberately triggering a confrontation, and
then claiming no responsibility for it.
subliminal conspiracy theory
So you think that reintroducing legal racial segregation
was something Trump wanted to do? I didn't hear that.
Yeah, the guy has been a pig in the past with disasters like the Central Park Five fiasco, not to mention
back in '74 I think it was with not renting to blacks, but I'm not so sure he's actually a racist these days.
Bad for politics, if nothing else.

david starling

So leftists have no self-control? They simply cannot stop being abusive and violent, and it's not their fault that the sight of a hat drives them to this?

Good to know.

Apparently, a few have been triggered, but foreign news probably plays it up. I haven't seen any abusive or violent behavior toward Trump supporters at all where I live. Very anti-Trump area, incidentally. Maybe it's because Trump supporters here are decent, courteous folks who believe his lies, but don't like his rude, insulting, in-your-face attitude.