Thread: Astrology Shame
View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2014, 06:57 AM

Re: Astrology Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
There are also some work environments where this could be a professional disaster. After all, unless we want to live in a grass hut, or work 20 hours a day(like poor Robert Blaschke did and ran himself into an early death), or unless you are retired like I am NOW, letting the chips fall might be awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
You may change your mind when you have to get a professional job in the real world way off into your future. This would especially be true if the field you are in is a scientism one, or a people oriented one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinaz View Post
While there is nothing wrong with that and I don't disagree, I must point out that sometimes it is just simply not worth the effort in the difficulties that arise with some people who are not able to handle those that are different from them. It comes under the law of Diminishing Returns. I choose carefully whom I share with as you do. I'll never pretend to be something I'm not in order to fit in - if I don't fit in I'll either keep my mouth shut or go somewhere else. There's something for everyone, somewhere.
I genuinely see where you guys are coming from, and yet to truly understand wouldn't be possible as I haven't experienced anything like being a psychology councellor for a living yet. I wasn't quick to respond - surely your point of view is very valid. And Mdinaz, I totally get the part where you talk yourself into keeping your practice to yourself and those other few, for avoidance of headaches or conflicts that seemingly are more costly than privacy. Yeah, I get that all too well.

However I still feel like........... diminishing returns doesn't apply here, it only seems like it does. I feel like transparent living would be the ultimate gift. I guess it all depends, how high we want to live.

Of course we all have quite a bit of that transparency equals grass hut belief inside of us. But what if it didn't? What if there was a way around the grass hut? A different job perhaps. A dedication to find the right job, the right fit? Again, it depends, how much of a priority transparent living will be, but when there is a will, there is a way...