Thread: Astrology Shame
View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Astrology Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
I can't imagine why anyone who studies Astrology wouldn't be a libertarian;
I study astrology, and I'm not a Libertarian. I'm a dyed in the wool Liberal, and hey, ho that's in my natal chart. I also study Traditional astrology, and that, too, is in my natal chart. Maybe you just need to spend more time studying natal charts before you make sweeping comments like this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
when you know without a doubt that everyone is entirely unique, and has their own talents, gifts, and challenges to use and to deal with over the course of their lives, why on Earth would you think that having a government that takes as much control of your life as possible would be a good thing? Many people I've had the great personal fortune of running circles around in debates complained almost endlessly about how corrupt capitalism is, and how evil businessmen are. Unfortunately, some of those people are on this forum. I actually noticed quite a few communists on the thread about the difference between men and women. I'm not insulting someone, these people actually called themselves communists. If something like money has an area of influence in Astrology, how can it be inherently evil?
I have abstained from your idea of debates, because while I may be a dyed in the wool Liberal who studies traditional astrology, I also remember what it was like to be 17 and know absolutely everything. You'll get there someday, too. When you realize that you don't know everything. Once you do, perhaps your mind will be opened to other ideas. If not? Enh.

If you are not part of the solution of compromise you are part of the problem.

Not everyone is entirely unique. That, Luke, is the lesson you ned to learn. There is nothing new under the Sun...

We can come to astrology thinking that we are all special snoflake indigo children, and please tell me what in my natal chart points to my being right about everything...me, me, me. One day, we wake up and realize that me isn't so special in the grand scheme of things, and the only thing that me can infulence is possibly the close world around me.

If something like money has an influence on astrolgy how can it be inherently evil? Which, money or astrology?

Everything is influenced by money. Including astrology. Including the Pauls. including...everything. So the real question is...is your personal astrology influenced by money? If not, what exactly can you do to help humanity with it?
Zarathu (03-09-2014)