Understanding Leos and Leo energy.

ElenaJ

"So im stable in personal life and career/ but flaky in relationships."
This is probably due a lot to the Uranus/pluto in 7th. Difficult combination to handle until you mature later in life.

ElenaJ

"People with charts that have strong Leo factors born during that period are going to seem more intense, more dominating, more resentful, vengeful, etc, because of Pluto's placement"
Would you describe yourself as dominating, resentful, vengeful?

Lion o ness

"People with charts that have strong Leo factors born during that period are going to seem more intense, more dominating, more resentful, vengeful, etc, because of Pluto's placement"
Would you describe yourself as dominating, resentful, vengeful?

Maybe somewhat dominating but ive never been resentful or vengeful.
To be brutally honest im so use to everyone coming and going if my life, that ive come to expect it. Usually i just dont care enough to become vengeful.
I avoid conflict, on the rare occasion when i do care enough,i just go in a shell. Cancer venus.
My shell could last years sometimes if I'm hurt badly enough.
Ive jaut now staryed dating again after a 2 yr Halt.

I was married for 12 years. Loyal and completely faithful!
However my uranus in h7 had its way. My husband was unexpectedly deported, here one day gone the next. That ultimately ended the marriage as i was not willing to leave US. That was 10yrs ago.
Since then i just kinda gave up and being able to have a real relationship.

After that i did have a thing it was a moon/pluto relationship. I have the hardest time getting over. Impossible to move on. That relationship taught me so many lessons/ and still is. It cut into my entire being. My soul.
Now i feel like he is the only person that can fulfill all me needs , however its just not meant to be. Its broke me to a level i could never put into words.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Im guessing my leo is altered by being in H6. Does it sound more like a virgo?

Also keep in mind the entire chart makes a big difference from person to person, thats why no one can say All leos or any other sign are this way.
No 2 people are alike and we are all unique in our own way. The leo energy can play out differently in each person good and bad ways.

Im more leo in romantic relationships, kinda bossy, need attention, etc . Hard to explain i guess.
But here where my leo will show. Get ready! Lol
If someone hurts my feelings or bruises the ego so to speak. I will feel that person is not worthy of me or my time. So i would just completely walk away feom that person. Never look back. Bruise my ego, i wont go after revenge. As that person wouldnt be worthy of me!
🥴

Snuffy

Elena,

I am often perceived by other people--especially people born with Pluto in Leo--as extremely intense and transformative. I have been accused of holding grudges, but I don't act on them and have never behaved vengefully. But I find that people born considerably after I was don't see me that way--just people whose Plutos are in Leo. Younger people have always been very attracted to me. My life partner is 18 years younger and we have been together for decades. His Pluto being well into Virgo, doesn't get triggered by my Leo sun the way so many Boomers' Plutos do.

So I do think some of the bad rap Leos get comes from experiences with Boomer Leos which has colored a lot of writing about them during the period when Boomers were in the cultural ascendancy.

With Pluto somewhere else in the chart I'd expect Leos to be childlike, playful, and self-obsessed in the way kids are, without that tinge of "and they drive me crazy" you often hear when people describe Leos they know.

katydid

Elena,

I am often perceived by other people--especially people born with Pluto in Leo--as extremely intense and transformative. I have been accused of holding grudges, but I don't act on them and have never behaved vengefully. But I find that people born considerably after I was don't see me that way--just people whose Plutos are in Leo. Younger people have always been very attracted to me. My life partner is 18 years younger and we have been together for decades. His Pluto being well into Virgo, doesn't get triggered by my Leo sun the way so many Boomers' Plutos do.

So I do think some of the bad rap Leos get comes from experiences with Boomer Leos which has colored a lot of writing about them during the period when Boomers were in the cultural ascendancy.

With Pluto somewhere else in the chart I'd expect Leos to be childlike, playful, and self-obsessed in the way kids are, without that tinge of "and they drive me crazy" you often hear when people describe Leos they know.

I think there is something to that theory.

Leos that were born in the Baby Boomer era often have Sun conjunct Pluto in Leo. And so their Leo like solar qualities are tinged with that Plutonian intensity and obsessiveness that just pure Leo does not always have.

The19thLaw

I think there is something to that theory.

Leos that were born in the Baby Boomer era often have Sun conjunct Pluto in Leo. And so their Leo like solar qualities are tinged with that Plutonian intensity and obsessiveness that just pure Leo does not always have.

Leos are by far the most intense there is.

Abby83

I must admit I've despised Leo's since around the age of 17. Well, as a child there was one girl in dance class who needed so much attention all the time that most ppl were sick of her. But that didn't bother me. It was when I was 19 and I loved this gemini guy who was in love with a leo gal. I met many of the same around that time for a few yrs lol. Like was there something in the water? Just kidding. Lots of guys I fell for at the time were Geminis and they were smitten over their leo girlfriends. But as time went by I realised those guys were cowards and I wasn't into dominating women (which I found Leo women to be). As for Leo men - again, lots of attention seeking behaviour yet not much to show for. I get bored of them quickly.

waybread

C'mon, people!

Each sign has positive and negative qualities. You cannot just go by sun-sign. Whether a sun-Leo mostly exhibits the sign's positive or negative traits depends upon how the sun is aspected, and what else is going on in the chart.

People with a Leo sun conjunct Pluto (boomers) can be extremely powerful-- or at least perceived as powerful by others. But consider a younger person with a Pluto in Scorpio square sun. They're liable to have a lot more insecurities because a hard aspect to the sun typically plays havoc with one's identity.

We've just visited a dear friend, a woman in her late 70s, with sun conjunct Pluto. She is just a power house of strength-- which she uses wisely through her many civic responsibilities. She's been appointed to several boards in her county and community; and is still working in her life-saving job at her community hospital.

It just pains me when people revert to pop-schlock sun-sign astrology; usually in a negative way.

Abby83

We've just visited a dear friend, a woman in her late 70s, with sun conjunct Pluto. She is just a power house of strength-- which she uses wisely through her many civic responsibilities. She's been appointed to several boards in her county and community; and is still working in her life-saving job at her community hospital.

It just pains me when people revert to pop-schlock sun-sign astrology; usually in a negative way.

I've got sun conjunct Pluto in libra 12th. Am I a powerhouse of strength? No, I'm powerful when I'm the victim or when I'm creative.

I can honestly say that with every single leo I have met I have not liked any of their qualities. The attention seeking behaviour that they ALL have is enough to make me vomit. And the fact they get upset if they don't get that attention leaves me feeling the same. So in fact I can stereotype.

Snuffy

I can honestly say that with every single leo I have met I have not liked any of their qualities. The attention seeking behaviour that they ALL have is enough to make me vomit. And the fact they get upset if they don't get that attention leaves me feeling the same. So in fact I can stereotype.

That you feel such strong emotion when exposed to that particular energy suggests to me that their freedom to behave the way they do strikes a wounded place in your psyche. Is it that you rigidly forbid yourself to ask for what YOU need and hence resent seeing people who are able to do that? Is it that you have suppressed the childlike uninhibited side of your nature that isn't afraid to show emotion when unhappy and thus feel the need to suppress that kind of display in others?

You will grow much faster into the most powerful person you can be when you begin to realize that what you respond to the most negatively in others is often something you can't deal with in yourself.

Abby83

That you feel such strong emotion when exposed to that particular energy suggests to me that their freedom to behave the way they do strikes a wounded place in your psyche. Is it that you rigidly forbid yourself to ask for what YOU need and hence resent seeing people who are able to do that? Is it that you have suppressed the childlike uninhibited side of your nature that isn't afraid to show emotion when unhappy and thus feel the need to suppress that kind of display in others?

You will grow much faster into the most powerful person you can be when you begin to realize that what you respond to the most negatively in others is often something you can't deal with in yourself.

No nothing like that. I'm a loving caretaker of my family. I don't need to be in the spotlight so when I see ppl so desperate for the spotlight/attention all day everyday, I really don't see why one needs it because I don't need it myself.

Like eg: my husband has two Leo friends. One leo friend arranged a birthday dinner. The other leo, who was sick with bronchitis and sinus infection decided to make his birthday on the same night, just to get his friends to choose who they liked more. Then he did the same for his engagement and wedding. Did he 'need' to? No. This is typical Leo energy I deal with and me disliking it is purely because I'm not sad enough to do that. It's not necessarily that I'm missing Leo traits. But more that I feel more strength in subtlety and working behind the scenes. I used to be in the spotlight a lot, but I never found satisfaction in it. So it's a difference in what I like rather than what I lack.

Lion o ness

Thats so not leo traits . That more vindictive, not attention seeking. which is not a leo trait. Or maybe that one special person could only make it that night, especially being sick, really who wants to have attend a party when they are sick. Seems like something else is at play, that u are not aware of.

Maybe these 2 have jealousy synastry or competition. Idk but to say someone did something just because of their sun sign, thats just utterly ridiculous.

Leo attention is not throwing a party and having the most people there.

This is what bothers me Most about peoples stereo type a leo. No matter ‘what’ a leo does is for attention. Thats just not how the leo energy works.

Yes leo likes attention, but it more personal and MUST be genuine. Ur leo friend did that for what ever other reason, not because hes a leo.

Seeking out attention is not the way leo wants attention. Leo wants attention just as any other human does, flattery, acceptance, true friendship, a shoulder to lean on. The big difference from a leo to maybe other signs is leos thrive on it on a more personal level.

Remember we all have leo somewhere in our chart, even if we dont have any leo planets.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Like eg: my husband has two Leo friends. One leo friend arranged a birthday dinner. The other leo, who was sick with bronchitis and sinus infection decided to make his birthday on the same night, just to get his friends to choose who they liked more.

If they're both Leos, they have birthdays close together. Did the other Leo friend have the same birthday? Or a birthday within a few days of the other's? Was it the closest weekend to both their birthdays?

Did he say he was trying to get his friends to choose who they liked more?

If he didn't say that, it's you who's reading it into the situation. Same with the wedding and engagement. Getting married involves two people, plus two sets of family and friends. There's no way it was all about Mr. Leo. Maybe the date was the one that worked for his fiancee, or for some of her family (or his family). People get accused of choosing wedding dates just for spite all the time, whether they're Leos or not, and it's rarely if ever true. Planning a wedding is too complicated to just choose a date for spite.