Has a Cancer ever manipulated you?

conspiracy theorist

I love it... See, nobody's ever gotten me as deeply as you do. That is the most romantic thing anyone could ever do for me. Suspicious things in obscure corners of the cyber world are such a turn on... I'm wet

Yes, and whenever I find myself in those corners of the internet, I grab one of Robert Hand's books and start delineating. There's a reason why he's my favourite astrologer.

waybread

How do? I always hear that cancers are manipulative but never hear any stories of them actually doing any manipulation???

My big mantra on this forum is that you really have to look at the entire chart. The sun sign is of course important, but a Cancer with a heavy emphasis elsewhere in the chart may not follow the pop sun-sign delineations.

I can think of one sun Cancer that I thought was manipulative. She was on a downward career and financial spiral that took her from being employed and financially independent through an inheritance, to following a dream that soured. It left her flat broke and getting her friends to give her money-- most of whom she alienated.

Just for example, my husband and I once had a vacation home that we couldn't visit very often. We were happy to let the Cancer friend stay there occasionally while we were away; but she planned once simply to move in, which generated a disagreement about whether she should pay a low rent to cover our utility expenses. She offered to pay rent-in-kind with items we didn't want, and then it turned out she had enough money to take an expensive trip, notwithstanding.

Directness isn't always a Cancerian trait (a crab moves sideways.) They may be apt to do things that look manipulative or covert to others but that seem like a way out of a dilemma to a Cancer.

I will say that this lady had an Aquarian moon. In my experience these people generally have a lot of friends but they're not hugely sensitive to others' situations. In this (former) friend's case, I don't think the Cancer part was the warm giving maternal personality, but the needy child who chose to pursue her own vision to the hilt-- independently of the impacts she had on other people in the process.

Of course, I've known other Cancers who are super people. So my advice to a young crab would be to just be open and above-board with people. There is always a risk of offending someone, but this is more apt to happen with a subterfuge that is later discovered.

demetraceres

How do? I always hear that cancers are manipulative but never hear any stories of them actually doing any manipulation???

Any Sun sign can be manipulative. I'm sure there are plenty of stories, I have my own. Sensibility can be abused for manipulative purposes, unfortunately.

Last edited:

demetraceres

It's not often talked about, but I don't think Cancers trust easily so if you in any way cross that boundary of trust, the walls may come up and it may seem like manipulation even tho it's just defense

I don't know any Cancer or Pisces with trust issues, especially not leading to defense. Some people can simply have predatory traits, using manipulation, I just don't know how manipulative Cancer is different from manpulative Saggitarius or Virgo, for example.

Sagcap88

Not a Sun in Cancer. But Mercury and Mars in Cancer for sure — they’re very passive aggressive, play mind games, gaslight you, subtly insult you rather than come out and say it to your face, etc. not everyone of them does it but the more difficult ones do.

Lykanized

I don't know any Cancer or Pisces with trust issues, especially not leading to defense. Some people can simply have predatory traits, using manipulation, I just don't know how manipulative Cancer is different from manpulative Saggitarius or Virgo, for example.
I'm not talking about Pisces, but yes, Cancers will put up walls really fast if you seem untrustworthy. I'd say all water signs are probably very self protective tho. It may seem like manipulation, but it's not

I have to add, given the symbolism of the crab with the hard shell, it shouldn't surprise you Cancers might have trust issues leading to defense

Pay attention to who I was addressing. What I said was it's not in the nature of a Cancer to begin a relationship to manipulate someone in response to another user. But no, we don't trust easily

Also people tend to come to us with their emotional **** and it can feel like we're being used

Last edited:

Lykanized

I don't think people realize Cancers are pretty much conduits of others' emotional energy. It can easily become overwhelming. For myself I'll say anyone too needy or with any hints of playing mind games, I'll drop them really fast. Even if things previously seemed to be going fine. It may seem like they were manipulated, but they just crossed a line and needed to be let go

And because we are conduits of that energy, people will readily use us for their own emotional ****