Still learning...5th house Aquarius 11th house Leo?

Avalon6

Does this mean I will never get married or have children?

I also don't believe there are any planets in those houses either but I am still learning to read my chart so I am not positive.

Am I correct?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

GalacticEgg

I also don't believe there are any planets in those houses either but I am still learning to read my chart so I am not positive.

Am I correct?
Thank you

Just curious...is it rare that you find luck on your side?

Anyway, Sarah Palin also has Saturn in the 5th house in Aquarius (and Libra rising). She definitely had kids, even though they kind of sucked.

GalacticEgg

Yeah, I hear ya. Forum is slow these days. But uh, there's a bunch of opposition to your Jupiter. I was simply curious.

Avalon6

Oh, I meant it is rare that I find luck on my side :)

Opposition to Jupiter. Humm interesting. I will have to research that a bit more.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member

Am I correct?

No. You'll have to look to the lords of those houses and see what they're up to before you can really say anything.

I'm not really sure what the 11th house has to do with either children or marriage though.

Avalon6

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question. But how do I find the lords/ruler of my 5th house?

Also. I am not sure what the 11th house has to do with children either it is just something I've read while researching : /...thank you!

tsmall

Premium Member

Am I correct?
Thank you

One needs to learn about the signs.

The cusp of your 5th is in Aquarius. Ok. Is this a barren or frutiful sign?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barren_sign

Aquarius: Without doubt more fruitful than barren.

Saturn, the ruler of your 5th is in Sagittarius, the domicile of Jupiter, who among other things rules child birth. Is this a barren or fruitful sign?

Sagittarius: Ever conceived fruitfull, because the house of Jupiter.

Moreover, Saturn, the ruler of your 5th, is in domicile and Venus applies by retrograde. You'd need to check an ephemeris to see if the aspect perfects. Meanwhile, Jupiter, the planet of childbirth (most modern astrologers miss this) is exalted in Cancer in your 10th house of among other things marriage and mothers. What has Lilly to say of Cancer?

Cancer is the most fruitful and bountiful Sign, it being the house of the Moon, and the exaltation of Jupiter.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question. But how do I find the lords/ruler of my 5th house?
No, forgive me. I didn't realize you were this much of a newbie. The Lord of a house is a planet who rules that sign on the cusp. Tsmall went over it fairly well (I say this not because she didn't do a good job, but because it was a scratch on the surface so to speak) in the post above this one.

Avalon6

Thank you both so much for explaining that. I absolutely am a newbie, and probably spent about an hour just googling pieces of what you two wrote trying to better understand it. Haha. More youtube chart reading tutorials for me ;)

ImNotThere9

I have the same placements in my chart - 5th house Aquarius, 11th house Leo. But of course my own lords will be differently placed, as for example the lord of my fifth which is in Pisces. Thankfully this is a sign of high fecundity signifying 'many Children', as it is my hope to have a family in another twenty years or so.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
No, forgive me. I didn't realize you were this much of a newbie. The Lord of a house is a planet who rules that sign on the cusp. Tsmall went over it fairly well (I say this not because she didn't do a good job, but because it was a scratch on the surface so to speak) in the post above this one.

It was a scratch on the surface. :D Delineating children takes more than a few minutes.

Thank you both so much for explaining that. I absolutely am a newbie, and probably spent about an hour just googling pieces of what you two wrote trying to better understand it. Haha. More youtube chart reading tutorials for me

That is exactly how I started studying traditional astrology. I got a few responses to a thread by a traditional astrologer that used words I had to look up and once I started reading I was hooked. :wink:

Avalon6

Okay! I have a few more questions if one of wouldn't mind answering. :D

I am now trying to understand what is going on with my 7th house. Ruler/ planet etc.

What does the cusp sign of a house represent as opposed to the main sign?

And can anyone recommend a website with easier to read charts besides astro.com?

Thank you thank you!

tsmall

Premium Member

I am now trying to understand what is going on with my 7th house. Ruler/ planet etc.

And can anyone recommend a website with easier to read charts besides astro.com?

Thank you thank you!

The charts at astro.com are pretty easy to read. It just takes some practice.

Twelve signs, twelve houses. The signs are each 30* and cover 1/12th of the zodiac. Houses vary in size based on which house system you use and are determined by the angles--the ASC and MC. In your chart you have no intercepted signs (this would be if the beginning of a house was in one sign and the beginning of the next house was in the second sign following. For example, the beginning of a house, the cusp, were in Cancer and the beginning of the next house were in Virgo. Leo would be "intercepted." If the house that started in Cancer was the 9th, and Cancer was the 9th sign from the ascendant, we would say that Mercury (as the ruler of Virgo) rules the midheaven, but the 10th place (place=sign) is ruled by the Sun.

Since you are just starting out and using your own chart this isn't going to be a problem because all your house cusps are in are spread in such a way that each cusp is in the next successive sign.

You're 7th house is Aries, ruled by Mars.

You can learn a bit of this online, but it can be confusing. I would recommend getting a beginner's astrology book. A very good one to start with is On the Heavenly Spheres.

JUPITERASC

Thank you thank you!
That's a very good question which brings in house systems so here's a link to a brief article on WHOLE SIGN HOUSES http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'....It seems human nature always veers towards the more complex ideas or notions in any field, ignoring the truer and simpler ones.

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing

A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries, so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today.
....'

Here's a good web site that provides the meanings of all the houses - this link is to Seventh House information http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html - because you mentioned that - however you can easily find the other houses as well at the site :smile:

waybread

No, these factors alone do not mean you will never marry and have children! I have some fairly crummy horoscope factors for marriage and children, yet I have been married for most of my adult life, and have two great adult children.

If you think about it, roughtly 1/12 of the world's 7 billion people will have a Leo/Aquarius 11th/5th house axis. Something over 583 million people. If all of these people were barren/unmarried-- at least in the past when marriage and childbearing were the norm-- demographers would be all over this one.

The absence of planets in a house suggests that it is not a strong focus for you, but as the others have said, we have to look at the planet ruling the sign on the house cusp for a better picture.

I do modern western astrology so my interpretaton would vary from traditional or Vedic astrologers.

In terms of children (as you don't need to be married to have children) I look at Saturn, the traditional ruler; and Uranus, the modern ruler of your 5th house of children.

Saturn can mean delays, so it is possible that you will have children later in life. Possibly you will have difficulty producing a biological child, but then modern medicine has greatly improved the fertility of women with reproductive difficulties. Saturn conjuncts Venus, which is a beneficial planet. Also, Saturn in Capricorn (the sign it rules) gets a few bonus points for that placement.

Uranus says, "Expect the unexpected." This can indicate a child who comes when you weren't planning on one, or a child who is a very independent, liberated sort of person.

The main question I have about your chart is whether your big loves aren't really activities that expand your mental horizons: international travel (perhaps of the stay-at-home "armchair" variety,) or higher education, or developing a life philosophy. These are 9th house matters and Jupiter in your 9th house is your "feel good" planet.

With so many planets in Capricorn and your sun in Aquarius at the "bottom" of your chart, I wonder whether you are an introverted person, finding it difficult to go out and meet people, notably anyone who is spouse material.

I note that your birth time is a round number. It may be accurate, but it is worth checking, as an estimate could be off significantly enough to put your house cusps in different signs.

Aries on the cusp of your 7th house of marriage suggests that you want an independent, go-getter sort of husband. With your Mars in Sagittarius, hopefully he enjoys those horizon-expanding activities, as well.

Last edited:

waybread

One needs to learn about the signs.

The cusp of your 5th is in Aquarius. Ok. Is this a barren or frutiful sign?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barren_sign

Saturn, the ruler of your 5th is in Sagittarius, the domicile of Jupiter, who among other things rules child birth. Is this a barren or fruitful sign?

Moreover, Saturn, the ruler of your 5th, is in domicile and Venus applies by retrograde. You'd need to check an ephemeris to see if the aspect perfects. Meanwhile, Jupiter, the planet of childbirth (most modern astrologers miss this) is exalted in Cancer in your 10th house of among other things marriage and mothers. What has Lilly to say of Cancer?

Am I missing something, or is Saturn in Capricorn?

waybread

In the West today, basically there are 3 major schools of thought about astrology: modern western, traditional western, and Vedic/jyotish (Hindu.) Once you read more about them, you can decide what is your best astro-fit, as their outlooks on people and techniques vary. With so much Capricorn in your chart, it might well be traditional astrology!

The Avelar and Rebeiro book is super on traditional astrology. If you prefer modern, I recommend Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky. Of course, the two schools are not mutually exclusive: at the beginner level they cover a lot of similar standard material.

A good modern "cookbook" on planets in signs and houses is Robert Hand, Planets in Youth (good for all ages.)

If these books are not in your nearest New Age book store, you can find them on line, for example, at amazon.com.

Traditional authors vary on where to locate marriage. Modern astrologers generally give it to the 7th house; but then you also want to track the planetary ruler of the 7th to see what it is up to by house and aspect.

There is a kind of house system called "equal house" that puts the house cusps at 0 degrees of a sign, so basically their overlap is 100%. The other house systems typically have two signs per house, although the number can vary. A planet in a sign will operate according to the sign its in; but the planet ruling the house cusp (which may be a different sign) will have a lot to say about the affairs of the house in question.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Am I missing something, or is Saturn in Capricorn?

No. It was late and it was a mistake. Notice that I said Saturn is in domicile. I know others reading might guess that I don't know which sign is the domicile of what planet...but I think you know better. :wink:

waybread, nice post. But the OP put this thread in the traditional forum...