Solar Return 2010/2011 Grand square.Opinions?

Lost_spirit

And I thought my 2009 solar return was scary until I decided to look at my 2010 SR.This one looks tough.What should I comment first?The sun with Saturn in the 8th house?The grand square of moon-sun/saturn/mercury-pluto-jupiter/neptune?Seriously will it feel so bad as it seems?:sick:

[Mod note - thread moved here, as thread's posters own astrological interp is missing.]

Attachments

• solar2010.gif
    solar2010.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:

cassanra

What natal house is rising? That should lead the reading. It does look a bit awesome. A lot of energy in there and with sun and moon involved in the square it does appear challenge will be felt in multiple ways. If we just take the moons movement as you would a horary http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm 3. The Solar Return is a horary chart, and can be interpreted without reference to the natal chart. Special attention must be paid to the aspects of the transiting Moon, since its last aspect before it changes signs determines the final outcome of all issues.

In your case it appears the moons last aspect is a trine to Jupiter and Uranus predicting more beneficial outcomes than the square might imply.
So don't be totally alarmed. However when the sun and moon are challenged by malefics you do want to take care of your health.

w

Lost_spirit

Well,at least it won't be a boring year!The house rising is the 6th,focus in health and work.If this chart lets me make it till the end of the year, I'll be able to say that I'm stronger.:rightful:

Instead of attempting forward analasys why not research past SR's and see how matters played out. That way it will give you a better understanding. Plus look at other predictive techniques like transits and secondary progressions too.

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

Lost_spirit

I also noticed the angles are reversed and this shows that my health will suffer,either my emotional or physical health.I like the pattern of this SR so much,but it makes me wonder if it will appear as outside forces bringing challenge to me or as unbearable depression caused by my inner forces.

Lost_spirit

What natal house is rising? That should lead the reading. It does look a bit awesome. A lot of energy in there and with sun and moon involved in the square it does appear challenge will be felt in multiple ways. If we just take the moons movement as you would a horary http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm 3. The Solar Return is a horary chart, and can be interpreted without reference to the natal chart. Special attention must be paid to the aspects of the transiting Moon, since its last aspect before it changes signs determines the final outcome of all issues.

In your case it appears the moons last aspect is a trine to Jupiter and Uranus predicting more beneficial outcomes than the square might imply.
So don't be totally alarmed. However when the sun and moon are challenged by malefics you do want to take care of your health.

w

And yes,I can see the moon's last aspect to Jupiter and Uranus,possibly meaning that the final outcome of this year will be a relieve,but I can't be sure what form this relieve will take.Right now I suffer so much that I see death as a relieve.

gemini59

The grand cross is in the succedent houses so it will not be as troublesome had they been on the angles. Angles are typically active energy areas and outside things may happen with these.
To sort of figure out what direction things are coming from you look at house location and rulership. Too you can see traditional rulership.
Did you have your natal somewhere? what natal house is rising?
Remember that everyone this year will have some level of this square tension in their chart due to the outer planets moving into early Cardinal signs.
Couple things. YOu want to look for repeat aspects like if you have sun in Saturn in an aspect in your natal chart and see them aspected again in the solar it may imply that natal potential playing out. If they are in a postive natal aspect the negative may be challenging but it will ultimately turn out positive.
The solar is really just one tool in prediction and to see a major event you need at minimum three or more indicators of the same theme. Using solar arcs and progressions to back it up.
Only one note and I would prefer to see your natal, we can see a challenge with the ruler of the 7th or relationship opposed to ruler of 1st or self. Uranus presents unexpected and abrupt challenges in relationship. The sun in the 8th emphasises others resources, wills, death and rebirth, transformation. Sun with saturn is a contraining force and as it rules the solar 12th this might imply some level of confinement or things hidden to you. Just continue in this vein of looking at where the planet it, what house it rules and traditional ruler ship ie
Sun=males, ego, health, energy rules 7th of relationship in 8th of resources opposes jupiter=legal, state of mind, beneficial, expansion in first house of self rules career 10 authority and reputation as well as hopes and dreams 11, money from career (2nd from the 10th) friends, larger social experience, and things you can not control.
This sounds more like a career situation than a physical situation.
Where is the 6th house ruler? Moon ruler the 6th house ruler and it is in 5th of children. Pluto aspects and the traditional ruler of Pluto is the 8th of birth or procreative sex. Though Pluto opposes this simply could imply again this challenge to the moon. Thus health may be centered on procreation it appears. Often times you see challenging aspect on happy occasions. A challenge can be a wedding or the birth of a child as it is increased responsibility.
Please add in your natal. You now have me a tad worried with comments about 'death as a relief'.

Lost_spirit

Hello!My natal chart is in my signature(it didn't appear in the first post cause I added it recently).I know how worrying this may sound,but I feel bad things coming into my life and increased responsibilities.I'm not one who can deal easily with situations like this without getting over stressed or depressed.And usually,once these situations end I always lose a part of myself,instead of becoming stronger.It's like the Saturn transits,when something is not strong it ends.

Tajna

Hello!My natal chart is in my signature(it didn't appear in the first post cause I added it recently).I know how worrying this may sound,but I feel bad things coming into my life and increased responsibilities.I'm not one who can deal easily with situations like this without getting over stressed or depressed.And usually,once these situations end I always lose a part of myself,instead of becoming stronger.It's like the Saturn transits,when something is not strong it ends.
hELLO Lost..

I just saw you chart, and I saw that you have moon in CA , and SO in LI, just like me...which might explaine this what you just said ...I dont think that you have so much to worry about, because solar can not work without natal...what i want to say is that you must to have bad natal and same aspects in solar so that solar is really important. Im sorry for my bad English...its not my native lanquage...and Im sorry if Im not right, I must to say that Im not astrologist, just self learning...

Last edited:

Lost_spirit

hELLO Lost..
may I ask you if your born at Oct.8th?
I just saw you chart, and I saw that you have moon in CA , and SO in LI, just like me...which might explaine this what you just said ...I dont think that you have so much to worry about, because solar can not work without natal...what i want to say is that you must to have bad natal and same aspects in solar so that solar is really important. Im sorry for my bad English...its not my native lanquage...and Im sorry if Im not right, I must to say that Im not astrologist, just self learning...

Your english is fine,it's not my native language either so don't worry about it.I was born October 1.I know what you mean,my Sun is not afflicted in my natal chart,even though in its fall it receives help from Jupiter and Uranus.But that's one more reason to be afraid of this Saturn transit,since progressed Sun is also conjunct natal Saturn.My Sun is spoiled,so the Saturn effect may be hard for it to deal with.

gemini59

Okay so you do have your 6th house rising which means 6/12 axis is focus.
Now don't panic!
6th house can be your daily routine, co-workers, and health so it is not evil.
The most prominent planets in the solar are natal jupiter and Uranus meaning this coming year will be a good year for those energies to emerge.
Note jupiter and Uranus form natal aspect of a square to venus and mars and they form a sesquihydrant in the solar . What doth this mean? Venus and mars often represent relationship of some sort and the sesqui implies something beyond your control, something else interfering that you can not add to or change.
Pluto moon is a repeating energy and I suspect this is of note as the moon rules your 6th house in the solar and thus is a focus point. 12th is ruled by saturn and we see it heavily involved in this sun/oppose uranus and jupiter aspect. Saturn does form a square to moon and this again is a repeat theme so we have twice seen this idea of 6/12 activation.
Now this is really cool. Take your natal and solar and match them up like
your natal asc is intercepted in 7th...why..what does that mean/
Your second is in solar 8th..
your libra third is in 8th
your 4th of endings is in 9th of legal proceedings...
and so forth...you can glean a tremendous amount of info by that method alone
it appears that there are some conflicts a coming but this appears to be centered around possible children, finances of your mate, legal proceedings..
I don't know what is going on in your life right now but solars are again just one predictive tool What are your solar arcs doing and progressions?

Tajna

I thought that you might be 8th because of SO degrees...However, I still think that you shouldnt worry because SO in your natal chart ruling your third house, and its in sextil with ruler of your six house...which is good..so no bad aspects in natal...eventualy it might be some problems with sisters or brothers if you have them...or relatives...BUt personaly to you..hm...I dont think nothing bad will happend..
You should see my natal chart...asc in LI with 5 planets there...and now SA make that horrible transit...well thats scary belive me...
I dont think you should worry about this.:happy:
p.s. Serbia:wink:

Vista

As Astrologer50 suggested, I went back and looked at past Solar Returns and quite frankly, I didn't really see much of what was indicated in the SR play out. The only thing I did see this year was Uranus opposing Saturn from 10th to 4th and I did loose my job. This happened in March and i still haven't found a new position, although I am very close. Transitting Pluto was conjunct my MC so I think that this really had more to do with it, although is was very sudden and unexpected(Uranus). I just haven't put that much emphasis on a stand alone Solar Return chart. Maybe I should. Saturn is placed in my 2nd house in my SR next year. Hopefully, that won't mean money problems.