Am I in the right Career Field?

Currently, I m having trouble in my chosen career field. I just went through my first Saturn return and now Saturn in Libra is conjunct my Midheaven. I was in the process of attaining a Bachelor's degree in Mass Media Studies, when I was forced to leave school due to monetary concerns. For the last year, I have been trying to work my way back, however, I haven't been able to make much progress.

I would like someone to read my chart. And tell me if I m in the right career.
It would be gratefully appreciated.

[Moderator note - thread move to the Greenhorns' Lounge, as its poster's own astrological explanation is missing.]

Attachments

• 20091113152013.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:

R4VEN

Having Libra on the MC myself, I can understand your interest in media and communication generally, especially with Neptune conj your Asc, and ruling your intercepted Pisces in the 3rd house, and with Neptune widely conjunct your natal Mercury in the first. This looks to me like an interest in film, or in story-telling.

I `see' in your chart a flair for advocacy, the law, and perhaps working to help the underdog. Your Saturn in Virgo in the 9th, conj Moon's north Node, and inconjunct your Aries Moon.... plus your Sag Asc ruled by an 8th house Jupiter.......... can be a series of good placements for:

• psychology/counselling
  • working with the law, but not necessarily as a lawyer - perhaps helping those who have got themselves into debt. You would make quite a good financial counsellor.
  • you have the ability to work with money & structures.......... (reason below..)
The most noticeable thing in your chart is the T-square..........
You have Moon-Pluto opposition, indicating a conflicted relationship with a (perhaps controlling) mother. And these 2 planets are squaring the Sun-Mars conjunction in Capricorn. The way to dig yourself out of a personal hole perhaps created by this Moon-Pluto opposition is to develop the Mars-Sun conjunction fully. This will give you the confidence to move beyond any subconscious self-sabotage which stands in your way. Now -

Your Sun-Mars conjunction in Capricorn - in the 1st, but quite close to 2nd house cusp - is quite dynamic, and were you to tap into its energy, you can do pretty much anything you want. This may take some time and practise, but I feel that you could work as some kind of counsellor, and that finances and business need to also be involved. Alternatively, if religion is in any way part of your life, the way through to your `chosen' career may be via the religion to which you subscribe - 9th house Saturn ruling your 2nd house.

aquarius7000

Hi there,

I'd like to begin by saying that the key thing to remember is that you must only choose a career (a life-long decision) that you really have your heart in. There is nothing wrong with your choice of career, or the one you currently aspire. A few other alternatives you might want to consider, however, could be any field involving some research work or even psychology (ruler of 10th, Ven, in Sco; also Ven is in a trine to Jup in the 8th - natural house of Sco); someting creative and artistic (Ven rules MC and is in the 12th). Jupiter being your Asc ruler and also in an aspect to the ruler of your MC, Ven, might indicate an interest in working either overseas or with foreigners/ foreign languages and cultures, or even with some kind of counselling/teaching work.

You have difficult planets in your 9th (higher education) and 10th (career and public reputation) houses, Saturn (stability, but also one demanding toil and the ability to overcome setbacks) and Pluto (transformation, going through highs and lows, confronting deep-rooted fears, and the want of power or feeling overpowered by others). However, once you have settled down in both these areas, these planets also give you tremendous staying power and the ability to focus. With Saturn in the 9th house of higher education, astrologically speaking, the native might face blockages and hardships in that area of life, and settlement is usually a bit delayed. As already mentioned, Saturn tests one and demands hard work to overcome hardships. The North node in the 9th shows that you need to move 'towards' the 9th-house matters, so, again, the element of 'achievement' after some investment of effort and patience is involved.

Moon (always very important to consider in any area of life) in Aries means that you need independence of thought and action, as well as the feeling of moving forward and achieving your goals in order to feel internally secure and fulfilled. Also, freedom of thinking is shown by Aqua on the cusp of your 3rd (thinking) and Mer (again the mind and communicating) in Sag and angular (very active). On the other hand, though, your Sun in Cap's foremost need is stability and security, often by holding on to the status quo (quite the opposite of Aries). Hence, it will always look for firm grounds to stand on. This Cap quality is further reinforced by Sun's tight trine to Sat. However, your Sun is also in a close conj to Mars (actually Mars is combust here, but in Cap is strong through exaltation), which lends your Sun also a Martian/Arien touch. This makes it a bit simpler for you to balance your basic personaliy and ego (Sun- in Cap) with your emotional security and satisfaction (Moon- in Aries and fired through a trine by a fiery Jup).

One thing might be important to mention here - 2 important transits. You had your Sat return not very long ago, as you yourself made mention of, and this happened in your 9th house (higher education). This led to to three things: firstly, due to the interruption or blockage in your study (due to monetary problems), you saw the reality of the limitations you are encoutering in the face (very Saturn-like). Secondly, this encounter with reality made you look deeper and check on things like - am I really in the right field and doing the right thing? (also very Saturnian). Finally, the first two points made you persevere (a typical Cap/Sat quality) to get back into what you had started, but, at the same time, stay realitsitc and confront the reality that it might not work out, or be the right thing. I can assure you, however, that you are not alone here, but that this is quite typical of a Saturn return. It might happen in different areas for different people though, depending on where Sat is placed and what it rules. The second important transit, which I won't explain much, is of Pluto, which has been going over your Asc now for many years already, making you feel as if, slowly but surely, you find your-self (1st house) undergoing some deep, internal transformation being triggered by different areas of life.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of your chart in general, but also in regard to your vocation and education.

Good luck,
:)AQ7

Last edited:
The forum rules state in all forums except GL that the member should first give thier own astrological input before members respond.
Attention new members
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19968

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm

Now your MC and 6th are both ruled by venus and venus is placed in 12th house 'I want to make sacrifices, work behind the scenes'

Although it may indicate a loveless childhood, it may also show up in the charts of people who grew up in a warm environment but one in which there was no scope to be demanding, often because a sibling needed special attention. It may also indicate ‘smother love'.
In their adult years people with Venus in H12 expect little back from others and their relationships are frequently characterised by imbalance in the matter of loving and giving. Although they may have a vision of the ideal relationship in which there is reciprocity, it is notable that many people with Venus in H12 feel stifled and trapped when they are made the focus of another's affections. They know true fulfillment when they are able to merge with a higher level of consciousness.
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse12.htm
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house12.html

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now in Equal house Sun/mars = someone who is wilful with a strong desire to control others, with combative overtones--are in 2nd house
Mars square Pluto
You have a tendency to impose your will upon others, which can cause severe problems for yourself when they react in self-defense. You have a hair-trigger temper and may even resort to verbal or physical abuse when upset. Learning to react to unpleasant circumstances with your intellect rather than your emotions comes with maturity.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/marsplutoaspects.html

Your chart ruler jupiter, placed in 8th house of sex, joint finances, insurances and goods of the deceased could be an area of expansion & pleasure.

Raven,
Thank you for your interpretations. I have also noticed my own aptitude in psychology/counseling and finances in general. The T-Square you mentioned has been
a source of conflict in balancing out my situation. I'm going to do my own research into the Sun-Mars conjunct. I would like to strengthen my defense against my own self-sabotaging tendencies.

Aquarius7000,
Your insight into my dilemma was very helpful. I have been struggling with the
outer dimensions of my chart for the last decade. The Sun/Moon aspect of my nature is something I'm going to explore further. Also the effects of my Saturn return have been trying; coupled with Pluto, I have been slowly losing the self I thought was innate.

Astrologer50,

I didn't realize I needed to make an attempt at deciphering my career potential. I'm still very new to astrology ( I discovered it almost a year ago) and
the dimensions are taking a great deal of time to study. Your suggestions were fairly
accurate. Thank you for taking the time to explain.