Super new to synastry.

oretsev

Hi! I've always been fond of astrology, and over the years as I've learned more I've tried to slowly peel away the layers about my own personal chart from as objective a standpoint as possible.

However, when it comes to synastry, I'm admittedly completely clueless. There's so much interconnected nuance, and though I've tried on my own there's not been too much success in truly getting a good idea of the synastry chart I share with my partner.

We've been together many years and we love each other very deeply, but one thing I feel he and I struggle on a lot is communication. Any help in objectively understanding our synastry chart, the potential troubles and the positives, would be super appreciated. I won't stop trying to find out some answers for myself, but it'd be a relief to see someone else's perspective as well. Thank you so much. <3

If I need to resize the image, please let me know. I'll happily do any necessary edits!

cs9HG7K.png

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
The chart you offer is from Astrodienst. They offer an alternative synastry format that I recommend. I find the format you have published to be very limited and not much help with synastry.

oretsev

Oh, I had no idea. What is your recommendation? I can post the alternate chart if that helps at all. Thank you so much for telling me!

Cary2

Banned
Maybe you didn't print the chart; maybe someone helped. Anyway, when you get to the selection called Chart Type, there will appear a list of chart types. Near the top is Synastry, and below that is Synastry with outer circle. Choose the second one with the outer circle. You can add to this thread or perhaps replace the one that is here. I know you want to obscure your identity. I won't help you with that; you'll have to figure it out.

oretsev

You'd be correct! My friend actually showed me the site and told me to fill out the synastry one. She didn't specify... thus the old, less effective one.

I followed your instructions and just replaced the first chart I added with the one you recommended. No worries about my anonymity: I managed to hide it, I think. :)

Thank you so much for the help, though!

Cary2

Banned
I would prefer to know the details about chart accuracy. Do you know that one or both charts are not exact? I'd like to know who is the center chart person, you or he? If they are both exact, why do you think they are correct and accurate? That sort of thing.

Even so, I can see why you love each other very much. You have close Venus-trine-Venus which is classic sweethearts. It is one of the best of all synastry contacts, though it won't cure all ills. It would be very difficult for the hardest heart not to fall in love with a partner whose Venus was trine yours.

I think communication is blocked by the opposition from Mercury in the inner chart to the Uranus/Neptune conjunction belonging to the outer chart. This does not lay blame, but communication can be confused and tragically unreliable.

I think mumbo-jumbo may be involved. I think a tendency to dabble in quasi-mystical terms and concepts that are little understood and poorly defined allow communication to scatter into the nooks and crannies of radical hypothesis. One of you may mumble or ramble too much. Try to strip away strange concepts from your discourse. Don't expect one to read the mind of the other. This expectation may titillate the mystic in you, or he, but unrealistic expectations are the stuff of poison.

One of you must get basic and direct, and the other will surely resist.

oretsev

I do know he got his birth time off of his birth certificate, as did I, so it's as accurate as the hospital put it and we can get it I suppose. :) I put all the information in on these charts and consulted with my love on his side of things so I think it's right.

I'm the inner chart and he's the outer chart if that helps at all.

I can see where that might fall into place. I myself am a bit of a babbler. The way he and I handle our disputes are quite different. I feel a need to talk through it and find a resolution while he tries to hold a sense of objectivity and becomes briefly distant to collect himself. That period of time always disorients us a bit. I've been trying to find that middle ground where we can both find our sense of resolution.

We're definitely unexpected sweethearts. We kind of just fell in love and it's been about ten years now despite finding each other relatively young.

I think that might help me a bit, actually. I think on some level I subconsciously expect him to know he's hurt me, or what I might need, when I've not said anything and it's unrealistic. I appreciate the feedback. :)