How Many Configurations

flea

I seem to have an awful lot of configurations in my chart.... grand trine kite, mystic rectangle, cradle, quintile triangle (golden yod), T-square, and a grand cross of wide orbs. I can relate to the messages of Chiron, centaur stuff I suppose being a sag so I have been including it when seeing my aspects patterns.

Is there significance in this or is just plain down right odd??

The more I have looked at my chart over the years the more patterns I see.

natalchart-1.png

I realise different astrologers use some and not all aspects. Sorry didn't mean to confuse or obsfucate.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

My goodness, please don't include all of these asteroids! It makes the chart difficult to read, and many astrologers do not include points such as the Part of Fortune, the Vertex, or Lilith in configurations because they are not physical bodies and thus, they argue, have no energy of their own.

Arian Maverick

astro.teacher

The more points you add, the more configurations will appear, anyone can have every aspect if they keep adding points. I only use Moon-Saturn. That provides more information then I can write.

Last edited:

flea

Hi Maverick and Astro,

Thankyou for your advice. I wasn't looking so much for interpretations of the configurations, more an understanding of the relevance of so many??

L&L
Flea

Sag Moon

What are the points that are generally included .

I include Chiron,Asc. & MC as points ,but I also have Planets or these secondary bodies there anyway. All 4 angles there is either a planet or a Trine aspect to it.

wilsontc

Staff member
Aspect patterns, to flea

flea,

Instead of looking for the NUMBER of aspect patterns, it helps to look at REPEATS of the aspect patterns. In your chart, there are repeated aspect patterns which focus on your 4th and 5th house (e.g., a Kite to your 4th and 5th house, an Easy oppositon to your 4th and 5th house, a T-square to your 4th and 5th house, etc.). So your 4th house (home, also emotions) and 5th house (self-expression), is VERY important to you, resulting in a focus on "emotional self-expresssion". This very important energy is "anchored" by Pluto (transformation, also power) and Uranus (friends, also rebellion). So there is a powerful rebellion going on inside you emotionally and expressively and how you USE that power has a lot to do with how things work out in your life.

Powerfully emotional,

Tim

* Edited, per Flea's comment below about my mistakenly saying "Nadir" instead of "4th and 5th houses".

Last edited:

flea

Re: Aspect patterns, to flea

Thanks Tim,

I do see a pattern happening. I also have some of that deep stuff resonance. I do think I am here and able to actually change maybe not my actual personality, but how I use it and express it, which has the effect of changing my life circumstances and my own point of perception.

I use Placidus in understanding my chart so the conjunction being on the 5th house cusp rather that the nadir, what changes would you make in the way you see the focus? It is well below the horizon so I agree it has to do with deep internal stuff.

L&L
Flea

Arian Maverick

Thanks for uploading the new chart--it's much easier to read! ;)

I seem to have an awful lot of configurations in my chart.... grand trine kite, mystic rectangle, cradle, quintile triangle (golden yod), T-square, and a grand cross of wide orbs.

As Tim has described, I see a Kite--which consists of a Grand Trine, so I wouldn't consider them separately--and a T-square, yet no mystic rectangle or grand cross. I am not familiar enough with cradle configurations to say decisively if you have one or not, and you may very well have a golden yod since Astrodienst doesn't clearly show the aspects involved to form this configuration.

Arian Maverick

flea

Thanks Maverick,

The mystic is only there if you include chiron to moon, pluto, and mars. And the Kite is only really within orb if you consider chiron at the pointy end, saturn is a very wide orb. A cradle is an opposition link by three consecutive sextiles and the resultant trines. The grand cross would only work with a 9 degree orb of chiron to jupiter so I think it is close but not quite strong enough for an aspect.

I suppose there seems to be a lot of contacts between planets.

L&L
Flea

SimplyRed

Keep with the basics of the planetary aspects and find themes that repeat. Silly me, redundant.:38:

Some charts scream a couple themes or even a few contridictory ones.

I find it does well to view a chart for just the basic pattern first. bundle, splash, see saw, and always something will draw you into a chart.
Look at your closest orb planetary aspects to the angles as well. The elements give many clues as well. Are they balanced or only one element.

how does this help your sun shine. Look at the north node for additional info.

At times, minor aspects, asteroids, POF may help in understanding the chart better.

flea

Thanks Guys,

I have looked at all of them individually. If you include chiron but not any angles, I have a kite, a mystic rectangle, T-squares, a cradle, and a golden yod. Most focusing on an earth water energy sitting below a fire sun and air ascendant. So I was looking for a way of finding a composite reading. I know that is difficult. No books really cover it because all the aspect relationships are endless and too big to encompass one book. I suppose I was wondering if anyone could intuit a response that I could test out against my life???

Love & Light
Flea