Donald Trump: UFO?

david starling

Everyone has a blackmailer. Why is it so important to see Putin as having strings to pull?

Trump's paternal family is from Eastern Europe. This could involve long-range planning, and using Trump to bring down the United States as a unified country. Putin would be part of the same cabal, rather than an isolated factor.

david starling

Isn’t there a word for the political strategy of loudly accusing someone else of doing the thing you’ve done longer and better?

The U.S. has destabilized many countries, including Iran, using the C.I.A., "Foreign-aid", and the military. Maybe this is just karmic payback. What a mess! :pinched:
Maybe our nation deserves this Uncouth Freakish Oaf, and the havoc that he wreaks.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
And yet, how unlikely was it that such an Unorthodox Flakey Original would be able to capture the Presidency? It's well-known and agreed-upon that the Russians helped make that happen.

I've always heard in America anyone can be President. Listening to my black friends, it was highly unlikely white people would vote for a black man. Pete Buttigieg, a gay man is rising in the polls. I have no doubt he could get elected.

Blaming him a Russian operative is Unmitigated Flatulent Oratory ;-)

david starling

I've always heard in America anyone can be President. Listening to my black friends, it was highly unlikely white people would vote for a black man. Pete Buttigieg, a gay man is rising in the polls. I have no doubt he could get elected.

Unmitigated Flatulent Oratory is Trump's speciality, and it's contributing to Global Warming. :lol:

david starling

Speaking of climate change, this article is from a skeptic turned believer. His final analysis is

"Continued economic growth and technological progress would surely help future generations to handle many—even most—of the problems caused by climate change."

Isn't that what Trump is all about or have I got that wrong?

https://reason.com/2019/11/21/what-climate-science-tells-us-about-temperature-trends/#comments

I have great hopes for a functional version of Fusion plants to enable us to stop burning fossil fuels. But, the Petro-chemical industry doesn't seem interested in putting any investments into that. Short-term profit is the name of the game for most corporations, and Trump is essentially a CEO, trying to run the country like it's a corporation. That explains his dictatorial stance, which runs counter to the precepts of our Democratic-Republic. The Preamble to the Constitution spells out the intentions of the "Founding Fathers".

Last edited:

waybread

Climate change deniers and anyone who thinks climate change has a simplistic fix-- like smart kids of the future fixing our mess-- is an

Unthinking Factless One.

waybread

Climate change deniers: Unrealistic Feckless Obstructionists

The data are in.

Mar-A-Lago will soon be within the storm surge zone. It is only 7 feet above today's sea level.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Climate change deniers: Unrealistic Feckless Obstructionists

The data are in.

Mar-A-Lago will soon be within the storm surge zone. It is only 7 feet above today's sea level.

Who is unrealistic?

Scientists don’t have a great understanding of how exactly rapidly sea levels will continue to rise or the precise impact on specific areas. Obstruct what? Making the sea level reverse or stop rising when we don't have a great understanding of the issue?

The more conservative finding suggests that they could jump anywhere from 3 feet by 2050 to 7 feet by 2100.

My experience from reading history is that people adapt. This constant crisis is making us insane and imo that is a greater threat to this country and the world.

Last edited:

waybread

Who is unrealistic?

Scientists don’t have a great understanding of how exactly rapidly sea levels will continue to rise or the precise impact on specific areas. Obstruct what? Making the sea level reverse or stop rising when we don't have a great understanding of the issue?

The more conservative finding suggests that they could jump anywhere from 3 feet by 2050 to 7 feet by 2100.

My experience from reading history is that people adapt. This constant crisis is making us insane and imo that is a greater threat to this country and the world.

Scientists understand much more than you realize. And frankly, if my house were on fire, I would hope that the neighbours alerted me and called the fire department before it was too late. Climate change deniers would sit back and let the house burn down because shouting "Fire!" might upset somebody. Momentarily. Until they recognized the bigger threat and wished my home had its faulty wiring fixed long before the house caught fire. Because now the neighbours' house has caught fire from my house fire's flames.

Climate change denial works like that. Donald Trump is literally endangering people's homes. Unforgivable Fact-free Onslaughts

Scientists tend to work in teams, moreover, so earth scientists pull in experts in other fields. For example, a big problem that exacerbates flooding along the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts is destruction of the barrier islands, beaches, and wetlands, along with people building in the flood plain.

History tells me that people adapt to much (not all) environmental deterioration, but they would have been a lot better off had their parents & grandparents left the natural resources in better shape.

It will take a few decades before most US sea-level communities are under water. But during hurricane season, big storm surges can destroy communities that have stood for over a century. In Florida, the aquifers in porous (sponge-like) limestone are filling with water, saturating the ground from within.

Then fixing the problem, Netherlands-style, is expensive. Taxes and home insurance rates rise to cover the costs.

Remember when Hurricane Sandy hit NYC in 2012? Hurricane Katrina in 2005 when the levees failed?

Here are some communities already affected by sea level rise.

Charleston, SC https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/hi...es-sea-levels-rise-along-south-carolina-coast

Miami Beach, FL https://www.businessinsider.com/miami-floods-sea-level-rise-solutions-2018-4

Coastal Louisiana https://sealevelrise.org/states/louisiana/

Inuit Communities in Canada's Arctic: https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/its-time-listen-inuit-climate-change

New Orleans has been pumping out water for decades now. Half the city is at or now even below sea level. We can kiss Mardi Gras goodbye, not to mention its terminals for oil shipments.

Adaptation can get mighty expensive, notably in a hurricane zone.

Let's not turn the American eagle into an Unobservant Flightless Ostrich with its head in the sand.

Last edited:

waybread

Here is an article on sea level rise from the local Palm Beach newspaper on sea level rise affecting communities in the area. Speaking of aquifers, it also mentions salt water intrusion into the drinking water supply. https://www.palmbeachpost.com/opini...r-those-who-live-on-south-floridas-waterfront

Donald Trump's Florida neighbours are paying attention to the effects of climate change (notably on real estate,) even if he isn't.

Unforgiving Florida Ocean

Moondancing

Premium Member
"Climate change deniers would sit back and let the house burn down because shouting "Fire!" might upset somebody."

You lost me. I'm done.

david starling

Truman proved that "anyone can become President". Bush Jr. and Trump proved that not just anyone SHOULD become President.