Is Pluto misunderstood?

Witchyone

He's talking hard aspects only. Those of us without em aren't interesting enough or Plutonic

I have two squares and an inconjunct, all to personal planets. My Mars aspect is only a sextile, though. Send me to WAR!

Lykanized

I have two squares and an inconjunct, all to personal planets. My Mars aspect is only a sextile, though. Send me to WAR!
yeah I have that sextile too. Probably not too significant tho. I think Pluto's a significant planet for me because of how many planets it touches alone

conspiracy theorist

I got a lot of it + an Aquarius Moon. But I fit the criteria of pluto aspects in "sunny" signs so I'm supposed to be Mr. spoopy diabolical man, according to Bao.

Witchyone

yeah I have that sextile too. Probably not too significant tho. I think Pluto's a significant planet for me because of how many planets it touches alone

I don't consider myself Plutonian. I have some qualities, good and bad, that you might say are in that category, but I feel more connected to other planets. Anyway, my chart seems to match the type of chart he described, so I was wondering if I could learn what kind of behaviors he sees associated with it. I'm assuming he doesn't think all of us are evil sorcerers.

Witchyone

I'm not Plutonian either, just boring. I find the theory most Plutonian people lack Scorpio placements intriguing tho

I think he meant those that are Plutonian in a negative way, because those with a lot of Scorpio can handle it. I'm not sure, just curious.

I don't know if your chart is Plutonian, but if I had to associate your vibe with a planet it would probably be moon first, then Pluto.

BaoSanniang

I have the type of chart you're describing, I think (Gem sun, no Scorpio placements other than Dsc., Pluto making aspects to moon, Mars, and others, and it's in the 5th house.) What is wrong with us in your view?

LOL

LOL it also depends on your other placements. I also believe it depends on your specific life circumstances, like say if you had a good upbringing then perhaps you're more in control and more well-adjusted. However, even then, I'd imagine you to be quite intense in some ways lol.

I still believe that in the end we have free will to make our own decisions for the better or for worse. The fact that you're aware of this and learning about it is a good sign, I'm sure there are many people who are quite, or very Plutonic, but are not aware or enlightened enough to begin to know that part about themselves. Therefore, they bring suffering to themselves and to others.

I also humbly admit I am biased in my opinion due to well, some Plutonic and very immature / unbalanced people I've had to deal with in my life, including my own mom whom by the way is also an "Air Plutonian" with sun in Aquarius.

BaoSanniang

I think he meant those that are Plutonian in a negative way, because those with a lot of Scorpio can handle it. I'm not sure, just curious.

I don't know if your chart is Plutonian, but if I had to associate your vibe with a planet it would probably be moon first, then Pluto.

I was not saying that most people who are Plutonian lack Scorpio placements, I was saying that the most outwardly and negatively Plutonian people I've encountered in my life happened to not be Scorpios.

ardentika

I am of the opinion that Pluto is a malefic planet, and that unless you are a Scorpio sun / strongly Scorpio it is best not to have Pluto involved with any of your natal planets or with the Ascendant. Pluto is a potentially destructive force like Mars, except that it touches on even deeper, darker, and more subtle themes in life than the combative energy of Mars. Pluto is also about secrets, about power struggles, manipulation, and spiritual death / regeneration. Not many people can harness Pluto energy, so I believe for the majority of people it's such a force to reckoned with to the point that again, unless you are Scorpio / have several Scorpio placements in your natal planets, it's best for Pluto to not get involved because I feel like only Scorpio and / or a strong Scorpio presence can stand a better chance at channeling and harnessing Pluto. I like to think of it this way. If Mars is an aggressive and bloodthirsty military commander who sends his army on punitive campaigns to conquer land, Pluto is a plotting and scheming strategist who conceals his motives well but is absolutely totalitarian and capable of doing just about anything to reach his goals, yet he's much more mysterious and concealed than his Caesar / Alexandrian counterpart. Mars conquers, but Pluto's also capable of playing the political game.

None of the most Plutonic people I've come across in my life so far have been Scorpios. I believe it's because Scorpios integrate this energy into their soul due to them being the sign that Pluto rules. In my opinion it's more of a problem when Pluto's involved with other signs, especially when it's involved with "sunnier" signs like the air and fire signs. I feel like if Pluto's involved with a natal planet in an air or fire sign, it causes complications regardless of whether it's a flowing or a challenging aspect because "yang" energy and extreme "yin" energy are fundamentally incompatible and extremely difficult to balance.

I'm a much happier person being someone with a chart that doesn't have the outer trio involved with any of my natal planets. My life and my inner world's much simpler and straightforward and I feel like I don't want / need that much. Sometimes I do imagine what my life would be like if it were darker and more complex, but then I have Jupiter in I so it's not like I even obsess / brood over things that much.

Pluto people / Plutonic people, unless they have strong Scorpio in their natal planets to manage it, are like a frightening enigma to me. It's like I can't really understand so much of what happens in the deep, dark, raging waters of their hearts and minds. And it's not like they'll always leave you alone. They feel this urge to destroy, to change, to impose a dark will on you. It's like their level of depth is on another wavelength, one I'd rather not tap into. I almost feel as if very Plutonic people can truly get along only with each other. I can totally see Plutonic people being wizards and sorcerers who practice the dark arts in a fantasy world. In our world they're the people who play mind games and engage in power struggles almost for the sake of defining themselves as someone important and noteworthy. They live on the razor's edge.

I'd totally put a Plutonic person, especially if he has Mars-Pluto, in the vanguard against an enemy force. These people may very well charge straight into the thrill of the fight and take heads. They'd be my shock troopers to inflict chaos in the enemy ranks. Of course we still have to look for other aspects to see if it softens the person, but..... I just feel that overall Pluto's such a powerfully destructive planet.

Haha you say its better not to have Pluto connections as if it's a choice. That sounds silly you know.

And I beg the differ. I have only Venus and NN in Scorpio also Pluto in 29 Scorpio conjunct Jupiter both squaring Mars and Saturn. I'm a pretty happy person. Yes I have challenging moments that push me to grow and sometimes it's really hard but that's life. And that helped me become who I am after all. It's all about harnessing the potential.

The only thing Pluto has destroyed is anger issues and self destructive habits haha so I dont see the problem. People fear Pluto cos people fear change and the unknown in general. Master that and you will master your life.

ardentika

Actually, it sounds like you'd be an exception to what he's saying since you are Scorpionic

Why? Only cos of the Venus in Scorpio ? I doubt one planet is enough. I'm obviously not handling it that well since im single haha.

Even people who don't have Scorpio placements should do well with the energy. I mean my point is it all comes down to awareness and a choice. I just dont like how he put it basically "it's best to avoid Pluto aspects when getting born" xD

Lykanized

Why? Only cos of the Venus in Scorpio ? I doubt one planet is enough. I'm obviously not handling it that well since im single haha.

Even people who don't have Scorpio placements should do well with the energy. I mean my point is it all comes down to awareness and a choice. I just dont like how he put it basically "it's best to avoid Pluto aspects when getting born" xD
I'd say with Venus and NN in Scorpio you're rather Scorpionic, although I suppose it'd also depends on what your Venus and NN are doing. Nothing wrong with being single tho. More time for yourself

Grimly he may have meant avoid people who have them :bandit:

Lykanized

There is a point at which I have to disagree with Scorpionic individuals/Scorp suns being less likely to exhibit negative characteristics of Pluto's energy especially considering they're ruled by Mars too. I've had some horrible experiences with Scorpios who have a tendency to project their feelings of powerlessness in more than destructive ways, abusive ways. That or they project it by not allowing anyone or anything to have any amount of power over them which means suppression and not owning up to truths, getting defensive very easily. But of course every sign has its darkside and path of integration

ardentika

I'd say with Venus and NN in Scorpio you're rather Scorpionic, although I suppose it'd also depends on what your Venus and NN are doing. Nothing wrong with being single tho. More time for yourself

Grimly he may have meant avoid people who have them :bandit:
Haha I know I was joking only cos Venus IN Scorpio has a bad rep in love terms.
And the Scorpio combo does nothingbut square my leo moon. Yuk.

If that's what he meant to avoid such people that's... Sad. That is sign-cism. It's not much different from saying avoid certain race cos they are prone to this and that and they had no saying in the choice of their race haha. You would think astrology should help you understand everyone but discrimination always finds a way to sneak in.

Lykanized

Haha I know I was joking only cos Venus IN Scorpio has a bad rep in love terms.
And the Scorpio combo does nothingbut square my leo moon. Yuk.

If that's what he meant to avoid such people that's... Sad. That is sign-cism. It's not much different from saying avoid certain race cos they are prone to this and that and they had no saying in the choice of their race haha. You would think astrology should help you understand everyone but discrimination always finds a way to sneak in.
Yeah, I agree. It's the same as with any other planet or sign. If the individual lacks self awareness, the effects will be felt. Not only with Pluto or with Scorpio. I think it might be that Pluto's a masculine planet. When something's awry, it's more likely to be felt outwardly which shouldn't mean it's inherently more destructive potentially than other planets. Mars was mentioned too which is of course another masculine planet

ardentika

Yeah, I agree. It's the same as with any other planet or sign. If the individual lacks self awareness, the effects will be felt. Not only with Pluto or with Scorpio. I think it might be that Pluto's a masculine planet. When something's awry, it's more likely to be felt outwardly which shouldn't mean it's inherently more destructive potentially than other planets. Mars was mentioned too which is of course another masculine planet

That makes sense. Masculine energy likes to externalized while feminine internalizes. Maybe that's why Pluto is considered higher octave of Mars. Mars is pretty destructive too cos its so charged. But I'm always left with the impression Pluto destroys more on emotional/soul level. In the end what lies in the subconscious as a blockage will be brought to light for awareness. I believe that's what pluto stands for. And not all people are meant to have this experience in this lifetime.