Saturn in 6th House Transit

LostinPhilly

This transit started back in October, and I have to admit that I am already hating it.

For those of you who have already experienced this transit, what was it like for you? How did you navigate it?

Thanks!

flyonmyzephyr

I have very low ashtakavargas points in my 6th house, so when Saturn went into it I had all the worst aspects of the 6th manifest: debts, diseases and enemies. Debt collectors were bugging me, my cat almost died and his vet bill went well over $1000, I had severe digestion problems, I ended an 8 year relationship, was hospitalized - not a great time. But as soon as Saturn went into my 7th, I could feel the shift in energy. All the problems I previously had slowly faded away.

Last edited:

Lin

Please either show your chart or give us the sign and degree of that sign on both 6th and 7th house cusps and any planets (with degrees of that sign) in the 6th house.
the sign and other planets can make a big difference in the experience of the transit between one person and another.
Also, let us know what aspects Saturn is now and will be making while in that house.
LIN

craft94

I've been experiencing this transit for the last few years and I feel like I'm going crazy. My life especially took a turn for the worse when Saturn squared my Midheaven. I've been experiencing a lot of health problems, mostly mental, but also physical problems related to mental health. Isn't 6th house associated with anxiety? Especially work-related anxiety? And can't Scorpio be an indicator of psychosomatic illness? I think a may have suffered some sort of concussion recently. Not trying to scare anyone. I have a stellium in the 6th house so obviously it's going to effect on me. (It recently entered the 7th house if you use whole signs)

katydid

I have Saturn in the 6th, natally. I have always thought it was a good placement, compared to some others. Saturn feels at home in the 6th, in Virgo's domicile.

My Saturn is in Libra so maybe that helps somewhat. But I think that overall, Saturn in the 6th is not so horrible.

It can delay job growth and make routine housework a bit more of a hassle. It can add to the number of domestic pets that one is responsible for too. :tongue:

I am 63, ans last month was the first time I was ever in the hospital for illness. [asthma attack] When they checked me in they asked for a list of my medications. An inhaler is the only thing I could check off. They were pretty surprised that I have never taken any routine medications at my age.

LostinPhilly

Thank you very much for your input guys! I'm sorry to hear that some of you experienced hardships during this transit. Saturn's transits tend to be quite challenging, as we all know.

I know someone who has been undergoing Saturn in their 6th house, and they experienced the following:

• Got fired from their first permanent contract on the day saturn entered their 6th house in 2013. They actually got suspended without pay due to management conflict. They couldn't get another position elsewhere since they were technically under contract with the establishment.

• As a result, they became broke and had to move back in with their parents once they got release from the contract.

• Struggled to find a permanent job for roughly a year and a half. They were unemployed the entire time. They found one last June in a much smaller city.

This transit really isolated them socially as they had to move back to their hometown when most of their friends were half way across the world. They didn't date, obviously.

For me, it has manifested in the following ways (so far):

Saturn entered my 6th house last October.

• Barely got any phone calls for jobs since it entered my 6th house. I had to take a job at a call-center abroad which I got fired from after one day. This caused me significantly money loss due to travel expenses.

• My career really hit a new low.

• Conflicts with my mother as I can no longer stand her abusive behavior toward me. I'm much more vocal about the situation.

• Excessive workout sessions and obsession with food intake. I suddenly went vegan and changed my routine completely. I workout every day and eat much more healthy foods. I was already quite healthy before, but this is a completely different level. I also workout every day. I make sure I take care of my body, my skin and overall appearance. I'm very feminine, so it's something I've always done, but it seems as though I'm much more aware these days!

Here is my chart:
Natal_zpscy0jbb8b.gif

Lin

You have an active psyche....so you want to be "moving" ....if you can't go to work, you create "work" which you have done in the form of a 6th house dynamic....health and exercise and diet. Saturn is opposing your Mars. It's trine your Jupiter. You can't just sit around...it isn't in your nature. I think you will be more balanced as Saturn moves on from the opposition to Mars. It's like a see-saw right now. You feel the adrenaline and you can't be calm and do nothing.

Are you using any of the time learning something that will make you more valuable in the workplace? If you are GOOD at bodybuilding or working out...and finding it fascinating to immerse yourself in this type of thing, could you get a certificate in "personal training?" Is that something that is possible? Once you have this, which is not that hard to get if you ask a personal trainer how they did it (my daughter got her cert. many years ago and it helped her make money in between jobs in her field), you can offer yourself to gyms and other workout facilities and make money per session. If you get into a good one you could probably get a few per day. that is real money.

Jupiter is square your moon....the moon rules your emotions and the public and women in your life and guess who??? your MOTHER....so until JUPITER moves on you will have a real problem with mom....which will probably get better when Jupiter moves away from that square.

Natal Jupiter is being "inconjuncted" by transit Pluto....and therefore work (the house Jupiter rules) is not lucky now. But the inconjunct is relatively shortlived and you will work when it's time.

think about how you can become more valuable in different ways in the workplace.
See what classes you can take for little money....as in adult education (if your environment provides this type of classes). Even if you learn something that won't apply to your work situation...like an art class, or photography or bookkeeping or another language....anything....will keep you from going out of your mind to you are gainfully employeed.

In other words everything you are experiencing can be explained by your transits....so it's not YOU it's just lousey transits.
LIN

Last edited:

LostinPhilly

Thank you very much for your thorough interpretation, LIN.

It is true, I can't just sit around waiting for time to pass. I have to be active in some way. I really don't like staying at home doing nothing. Hence, I created myself a whole new routine which involves working out in the morning.

I am not really into bodybuilding or fitness as a professional pursuit. I really enjoy working out, because I like to feeling of being active and healthy. It makes my day complete, but I wouldn't go as far as getting a professional license or certificate in the field.

That said, I have been trying to find an artistic outlet and suddenly found myself a whole new interest in acting and drama classes. I was never really into acting before, but I've found myself trying to learn more about the industry and also taking classes.

I've also enrolled in a professional certification course in investment management which directly relates to my career track. It could be beneficial in the long run.

My life has suddenly become much more organized and compartmentalized. I was organized before, but sometimes, my thoughts were too scattered to follow through with plans. Now, it seems as though I can't stand to waste any time, every single task has its specific time slot allocated.

I have a question regarding the Jupiter inconjunct ... How long will it last? It took me 8 months to find a position which I will be starting soon.

Thank you!

Last edited:

ashriia

Saturn entered my 6th house late 2014, and will be around for a while still. I have neptune natally in the 6th, fairly well aspected Only difficulties is a quincunx to sun and opposition to venus. My neptune is in harmonious aspects to saturn, pluto, mars, and mercury. Something that occurred at the beginning of this transit was a new seriousness when it came to work. Everything from resumes, to buying business ware, to creating bullet point documents to study for my interviews. Anyway, there hasn't been lack of opportunities getting work, on the contrary very good opportunities. I am working harder than I have ever had to before, in esteemed positions, and I am making more money than I ever have before. I just quit a job though. A high paying position, that went so far beyond my job description. I was completely miserable and overwhelmed and given more responsibility than I was comfortable with. In saturn fashion... my workplace was Depressing! black ceilings, gray walls, black desks, and hardly any light at all add to that management who "'schooled" there employees as if they were children. I am very sensitive to environment, and this essentially killed me in addition to the work itself.

I've been kinda of achy in feet(neptune+saturn). Purchased all new shoes.
Thought I was eating too much processed food/unhealthy food- Eating more vegetables now, especially raw ones... a lack of appetite has come with this transit as well. In addition to difficulty in relaxing due to stresses. what else...I've gotten much more organized with managing my finances, planning for my future. Essentially I've gotten very serious about work, my health, my finances/budgeting. I've gotten so organized that I make spreadsheets for everything, and I changed my sleeping schedule also.:joyful:

Ereshkigal

Let me see... Saturn entered my 6th house when I was finishing high school, I was having digestive problems (but they stared a few years before), conjunct my natal chiron when I was taking driving lessons, and I failed the exam the first time but then I learned my lesson and made it :D
I met a few pen pals and fell in love with the wrong guy, and it went really bad when Saturn crossed my 7th, but by then I had a new job and a new boyfriend :D

LostinPhilly

I wouldn't call it a "lack of appetite" for me, but I'm much more observant when it comes to my diet. I pay close attention to the nature of the food I intake. It's almost become an obsession. I was already quite healthy as I was a vegetarian, but now, I make sure what I'm eating is not processed, natural and organic. I removed dairy.

I work out for an hour every single day and remain active during the rest of the day. I meditate at night. I limit my coffee intake to one a day, the rest is lemon water or water. No sugars.

I don't drink, don't smoke, don't like chocolate and sweets, so being healthy has never really been an conscious effort. It has become one.

I pretty much developed an obsession with health and fitness overnight. I'm really enjoying it. I feel a whole lot more energetic than before. I had a really hard time when Saturn was transiting Scorpio, I was focused on my internal growth. Now, the focus has shifted on my outter appearance, but not in a shallow way, more in a healthy self-critical way.

Last edited:

Lin

SO...really, what you describe is exactly what was supposed to happen with this transit. You have become more conscious and vigilant and observant in your life. Yes, with behavior modification comes an element of discomfort.....and that is normal.

Someone once said, "Pain makes man think; thought makes man wise; wisdom makes life endurable."

See? it works.
LIN

david starling

I have Saturn in the sixth House natal, and have always felt that working affords me protection from harm. It's in Leo, so will-power and determination are factors as well. Looking back, the last time I had a 6th House Saturn transit, I felt almost super-charged. There was a let-down when it moved into the 7th, where my Desc. is located, and which is empty of planets.

craft94

Great for losing weight at least right? :joyful: I'm definitely not complaining.

Thanks to certain medications, I was 180 pounds at one point (I literally went from 90 to 180 in the course of just a few months) so I'm not complaining either, but i'm 90 pounds now and I recently just found out I have an iron defiecency. I've been getting headaches and stomach aches a lot, and my anxiety has been the worst it's ever been. I've been so self conscuous and I can feel myself getting stupider, almost, it's hard to explain. I feel like I'm withdrawing from people and going deeper into myself...in a bad way. At the same time, I've been more concerned with other people think and I've been paying more attention to how I look than I ever have which is probably a good thing. I used to be very outspoken and now I don't talk. And I have been better at routines, but that's what I mean. I have all of these OCD-like symptoms and I've had them before but they're getting worse. I've been feeling very depressed too.

david starling

Add Pluto in Capricorn. Pluto and Saturn is an ugly combination, and that's what's going on there for everyone. With all that natal Scorpio, for you, it's definitely a "disturbance in the Force" exacerbating your Saturn transit including too much non-supportive Virgo in your Solar return. I would inquire about a Talisman in such an extreme situation as a temporary, emergency measure. Any Talisman experts in the Community?

LostinPhilly

Add Pluto in Capricorn. Pluto and Saturn is an ugly combination, and that's what's going on there for everyone. With all that natal Scorpio, for you, it's definitely a "disturbance in the Force" exacerbating your Saturn transit including too much non-supportive Virgo in your Solar return. I would inquire about a Talisman in such an extreme situation as a temporary, emergency measure. Any Talisman experts in the Community?

A Talisman? Is it really that bad?

I've gotten a lot more serious about my job applications and my heath/fitness routine. I actually have a routine now.

JUPITERASC

Add Pluto in Capricorn. Pluto and Saturn is an ugly combination, and that's what's going on there for everyone.
With all that natal Scorpio, for you, it's definitely a "disturbance in the Force"
exacerbating your Saturn transit including too much non-supportive Virgo in your Solar return.

I would inquire about a Talisman in such an extreme situation as a temporary, emergency measure.

Any Talisman experts in the Community?
ASTROLOGICAL TALISMANS Christopher Warnock Esq http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/astrologicaltalisman.html
A Talisman? Is it really that bad?
Probably not :smile:

I've gotten a lot more serious about my job applications and my heath/fitness routine.
I actually have a routine now.
That's good new, well done