What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Love2Know

Fancy or simple please. I am trying to get inspired and learn how to cook well for my family.
Wine or beer pairings also good to know.
Taurus MC :)

Last edited:

Love2Know

Fancy or simple please. I am trying to get inspired and learn how to cook well for my family.
Wine or beer pairings also good to know.

I love stuffed cheese pasta in cream and mushroom sauce( the more varity of mushrooms the better) with a full bodied red wine and tangy salad. For dessert I love umm chocolate hazelnut cake and cappicino.

Blaze

Account Closed
Hey there, Love. Long time no see. How's the family? :biggrin:

Interested in cooking now, eh? Well, I can't help with inspiration, but I can show you some easy recipes to start with that you might like. :)

Here's some of my of favorites.

Chicken Lasagna

That one might be a bit hard for you atm, though, It's one of my favs~ :joyful:

Do you like Chinese food? Check out this recipe for Kung pow chicken.

Love2Know

Hey there, Love. Long time no see. How's the family? :biggrin:

Interested in cooking now, eh? Well, I can't help with inspiration, but I can show you some easy recipes to start with that you might like. :)

Here's some of my of favorites.

Chicken Lasagna

That one might be a bit hard for you atm, though, It's one of my favs~ :joyful:

Do you like Chinese food? Check out this recipe for Kung pow chicken.

Yes thanks im always around. Thanks for the suggestions. I want new ideas... I am always into cooking but need to work on technique... my husband is not picky so who knows if I am good or not.. I could serve him dog food and he would be greatful.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Poultry never gets old, so be prepared to become best friends with it <3
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-and-broccoli-stir-fry-recipe.html
This is my favorite. It's easy, quick, and simple.
Thanks! Im really wanting to focus on teniques like how to cook eat protien perfectly... poach, sear and so forth. Also since I dont eat meat I focus on memorizing cooking time and I smell it and look up what goes with eat protien.. I also think about the animals natural enviornment and get inspired by that. I made a brandy brown sugar bacon fat, butter and onion sauce for my husbands roast pork and he said it was awesome. I like to use my instincts.

Etchasketch

Thanks! Im really wanting to focus on teniques like how to cook eat protien perfectly... poach, sear and so forth. Also since I dont eat meat I focus on memorizing cooking time and I smell it and look up what goes with eat protien.. I also think about the animals natural enviornment and get inspired by that. I made a brandy brown sugar bacon fat, butter and onion sauce for my husbands roast pork and he said it was awesome. I like to use my instincts.

If you're looking for technique, there are quite a few you tube vids that will demonstrate all sorts of cooking methods. If you're more into chilling out with a book to read then you can't go wrong with used copies of kitchen texts like The Professional Chef by the Culinary Institute of America. Or if you prefer, find an intro to cooking book by one of your fav celeb chefs (I like Alton Brown's, simply because he's creative, practical, and funny).

Love2Know

Yeah also asking you guys; your favourit dishes. The meals that warm the cockles of your hearts Thanks!

I loveeee gnocci mmmm ohh yeah also frrsh pasta with tons of diffrent mushrooms, garlic and cream in it with pparm.

Last edited:

katya

I love pot roast...I just cut up the beef chuck steak and throw it in with carrots, potatoes, onions in the slow cooker and wait 5 hours and then BAM, a yummy meal with biscuits. My man loves it. It's simple and delicious.
We also like to make our own cheese sticks and chicken parmesean with pasta, all from scratch. Double bread my own cheese sticks and fry them 30 seconds on each side...same with the chicken parm and then I fry the chicken until it's thoroughly cooked. I love to cook!
Good luck on your dish!