Virgo in the 8th house = germaphobic?

Eanahsti

PSA This is a VERY broad interpretation of this placement that I am sort of trying to understand based on myself and the people I know.
I am an Aquarius rising with my Virgo in the 8th house. I have people in my life that are the same as me such as my sister and my friend. Btw their 8th houses are not affected by any planets!
I associate the 8th house with fears. Yes, I know the normal meaning is transformations, death, rebirth, and sex. However, there is an underlying connection to fears.
For Virgo, I think of cleanliness and organization.
How I came up with this conclusion is first; my friend being a germaphobe; my sister washing her hands no matter what and hating mushrooms; and me also hating mushrooms and being disgusted by small things like touching hair on the floor. (Mushrooms are basically bacteria)
I understand how stupid this interpretation is, but I just wanted to see if other people can relate?
For the people who have Virgo in the 8th house (unaffected by any planets); Do you guys hate mushrooms? Or are lowkey germaphobes?

katydid

Interesting train of thought. :innocent:

This theory would fit my sister- in-law.

She has Aquarius rising, with Moon/Uranus in Cancer in the 6th.

She is a Leo, with Mercury in Virgo, but in her 7th house.

Virgo is on the cusp of her 8th house.

SHE HAS OCD. For real, no joke. It is sometimes debilitating when it is out of control. She has to check and recheck everything. She counts out her footsteps. Has to end on an even number.

And has rhymes she has to say to herself, in her head, to ward off bad juju. She cannot ignore those mental routines or she has anxiety attacks. :annoyed:

She has Saturn in the 8th too, but in Libra, squaring her Moon in Cancer.

Anyway, I thought your description of 'Virgo in the 8th as germophobic' fits with my sis because she is a SUPER Neat Freak.

Everyone has to take off their shoes and leave them at the door in a box.

One funny thing that fits her chart really well---her children and grandchildren were always allowed to be messy and wild and play in the dirt and mud puddles. LOL. It was 'hard' for her but she loved them to experience childhood fun so she battled through it.

I always thought that was her Uranus connect Moon in Cancer. It allowed her the freedom to rebel against her OCD feelings and let her kids track in the mud.And dig in the garden and dig for sand crabs at the beach.

Last edited:

Eanahsti

I think for the most part, your sister with OCD is significantly affected by her Uranus and moon in the 6th house. Maybe the Virgo in the 8th adds a bit more to it. But I’m not too sure since I only Just read about planets in the sixth house. I’m glad there’s a connection though! It really helps to understand more about this specific placement!

Harmelia

PSA This is a VERY broad interpretation of this placement that I am sort of trying to understand based on myself and the people I know.
I am an Aquarius rising with my Virgo in the 8th house. I have people in my life that are the same as me such as my sister and my friend. Btw their 8th houses are not affected by any planets!
I associate the 8th house with fears. Yes, I know the normal meaning is transformations, death, rebirth, and sex. However, there is an underlying connection to fears.
For Virgo, I think of cleanliness and organization.
How I came up with this conclusion is first; my friend being a germaphobe; my sister washing her hands no matter what and hating mushrooms; and me also hating mushrooms and being disgusted by small things like touching hair on the floor. (Mushrooms are basically bacteria)
I understand how stupid this interpretation is, but I just wanted to see if other people can relate?
For the people who have Virgo in the 8th house (unaffected by any planets); Do you guys hate mushrooms? Or are lowkey germaphobes?

Oh I'm with you. I have noticed a definite relationship with planets in the 8th house with Virgo on the cusp. When Virgo and Scorpio energies mix through sign and house - can even be Scorpio on 6th house cusp or even sometimes other combinations with aspects even, it produces obsessiveness or obsessive-compulsive behaviors. I've noticed it with a number of clients, so I'm convinced it is a "thing". Both Scorpio and Virgo have fear and anxiety and together they magnify it - especially Virgo on the 8th house cusp. There are many different anxiety disorders including phobias. Germaphobia is one of them. Sure, it can manifest in that way! This is absolutely my observation. The Pluto in Virgo generation are more likely to be obsessive workers - or obsessive about something too. They don't necessarily have OCD or any anxiety disorder, but they tend to be fastidious about something.

Last edited:

Harmelia

I think for the most part, your sister with OCD is significantly affected by her Uranus and moon in the 6th house. Maybe the Virgo in the 8th adds a bit more to it. But I’m not too sure since I only Just read about planets in the sixth house. I’m glad there’s a connection though! It really helps to understand more about this specific placement!

I think you're onto something here. I do think Uranus in the 6th with Aquarius rising could cause OCD. Mercury in Virgo would contribute and if it's within 3.5 degrees from the 8th house, I'd view it as being in the 8th. Is it close to the cusp? But since she has Saturn in the 8th house that could contribute too as it is Scorpio's house with Virgo on the cusp. Her Saturn would have to express through Virgo even if it is in Libra. So, you still have a strong Scorpio-Virgo relationship along with the Aquarius rising and Uranus in the 6th. It's OCD plus!

Last edited:

katydid

I think you're onto something here. I do think Uranus in the 6th with Aquarius rising could cause OCD. Mercury in Virgo would contribute and if it's within 3.5 degrees from the 8th house, I'd view it as being in the 8th. Is it close to the cusp? But since she has Saturn in the 8th house that could contribute too as it is Scorpio's house with Virgo on the cusp. Her Saturn would have to express through Virgo even if it is in Libra. So, you still have a strong Scorpio-Virgo relationship along with the Aquarius rising and Uranus in the 6th. It's OCD plus!

I have always attributed the OCD to that Moon/Uranus in the 6th because it is tightly inconjunct her Aquarius ascendant.

Her Moon in Cancer fuels her urge to 'protect' her home, by checking and rechecking the stove and the alarms system, and if she locked her door after she left. She used to call her friend and neighbour to look and make sure it was locked, when she began worrying.

But now, thanks to Aquarius rising and a Uranus in the 6th, she has a 'smart home' ---which makes her more obsessive rather than less sometimes. lol

Her Mercury is about 5 degrees from the cusp, but in some house systems it is in the 8th.

I do read it as working in the 7th because she works one on one with lots of clients---as a stylist. So she critiques their appearance and tries to perfect their look, and hairstyles and clothing styles, etc. She is critical but in a polite way--very Virgoan in my opinion. She uses logic to convince you that you need help.

She doesn't seem to communicate that info in an 8th house way. She focuses on a polite, rational explanation of why someone might want to shave their beard, or not--depending upon their work, etc.

Harmelia

I have always attributed the OCD to that Moon/Uranus in the 6th because it is tightly inconjunct her Aquarius ascendant.

Her Moon in Cancer fuels her urge to 'protect' her home, by checking and rechecking the stove and the alarms system, and if she locked her door after she left. She used to call her friend and neighbour to look and make sure it was locked, when she began worrying.

But now, thanks to Aquarius rising and a Uranus in the 6th, she has a 'smart home' ---which makes her more obsessive rather than less sometimes. lol

Her Mercury is about 5 degrees from the cusp, but in some house systems it is in the 8th.

I do read it as working in the 7th because she works one on one with lots of clients---as a stylist. So she critiques their appearance and tries to perfect their look, and hairstyles and clothing styles, etc. She is critical but in a polite way--very Virgoan in my opinion. She uses logic to convince you that you need help.

She doesn't seem to communicate that info in an 8th house way. She focuses on a polite, rational explanation of why someone might want to shave their beard, or not--depending upon their work, etc.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. There most certainly can be several ways a person can be anxious, compulsive or have OCD.

I just thought of a friend of mine diagnosed with OCD who was not in my study. He does an extreme amount of pacing, is always in motion. I'm not sure what other OCD behaviors he has. He has Aquarius rising with Moon and Venus (not conjunct) in Aquarius in the 1st house. He has no planets in the 6th house but he's got Pluto and Uranus in Virgo in the 8th house. His South Node is conjunct Neptune in Scorpio in the 10th - pretty close to the MC. So he does have a Scorpio symbol - Pluto in Virgo in the 8th - as well as Uranus! Woe! Pisces, Neptune, 12th could also produce fears I think. He's got a Pisces Sun with some personal planets there.

Anyway, it's always interesting to see these things - how they play out.

454VIP

I’m Aquarius rising and have Virgo in the 8th house cusp.
And yeah Virgo is critical and analytical, has petty fights with people just because of that feeling of need to be perfect (clean house/car/etc)
But definitely planets contribute a lot to it
I have Venus there making hard aspects that makes them worse but hey that’s what you learn in life :D