How Many Friends Have You Lost

How many people now think you're a shmuck or charlatan?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Three

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Four

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Five or more

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • None

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Now I can vote...

None!

Some people think I am a little odd or weird, but I have always got that anyway!

A lot of people don't understand what it is all really about, and most are curious or somewhat interested.

I have never actually lost any friends over astrology.

Last edited:
More than five, sadly. :(

They can;t handle my personality, but that's alright. I have one friend who's been with me for years. I think the reason why we succeed so much in our friendship is because she keeps everything 100% with me and I can be brutally and unnecessarily honest with her, but she doesn't get her feelings involved.

We also know the meaning of personal space and don't have to say anything to each other when it comes getting away with each other, We handle out business to ourselves and don't share it unless we want to. I can tell that over the years we have been a lot more open to each other.

Yes, we've had some evil and vicious battles amongst each other, but we prevail because we don't get our feelings involved. Me being Cancer sun with a Scorpio moon means I can be very emotional on the inside, but I've learned to not get my feelings involved and be emotionally detached in a lot of things, from a death in the family to criticism. She has a Gemini moon, but I don't know what that means. Whatever it is, it's working for sure!

MSO

I made a few enemies when the 13 sign was "discovered," but I haven't lost any friends. They all crack jokes when I ramble on about astrology, but then come to me for predictions and compatability advice. I'd say knowing astrology is an asset, although I did alienate an ex-girlfriend (who cares though, really?) when she found out I was an astrologer... strict Christian, poor thing doesn't even believe in evolution.

Neptune Rising

Interesting title, if I have lost any 'friends' through my interest in astrology, as well as yoga, meditation, magic, alot of occult things, then those people are not my real friends. So I have lost nothing, really. I do see true friends, though, who accept me and all my interests, just the way I am, as I do with them.

Prisma

Interesting title, if I have lost any 'friends' through my interest in astrology... then those people are not my real friends. So I have lost nothing, really. I do see true friends, though, who accept me and all my interests, just the way I am, as I do with them.
yellow-smiley-yes.gif

Agree.

Therefore, none.

MaeMae

Banned
I've made more than I've lost. Convinced my brother and sister without proof, though my sister has assaulted me with some eye-rolling today about this. lol! I would never tell people I study it but I'm just naturally private.

Great question, Z!

seriously.
all it really takes to win others to astrology is merc retro.
point it out and offer preventative measures.
next thing you know, people are asking questions and suddenly you have a captive audience.
seal the deal by prognosticating VOC moon (nothing will come of it" and New Moon fresh beginnings.
Soon, they are eating, sleeping and drinking Astrology.
Gotta love a pliable mind.
Anyone who poo poos my Astro offerings doesn't get it again.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it....

MaeMae

Banned
That's kinda scary, Mae. Are you looking for a reaction?

what's scary about it, KD? people important in my life understand that astro is a huge part of who i am. if they want to mock or ridicule something that's important to me, why should they be my friend?

wintersprite1

Premium Member
seriously.
all it really takes to win others to astrology is merc retro.
point it out and offer preventative measures.
next thing you know, people are asking questions and suddenly you have a captive audience.
seal the deal by prognosticating VOC moon (nothing will come of it" and New Moon fresh beginnings.
Soon, they are eating, sleeping and drinking Astrology.
Gotta love a pliable mind.
Anyone who poo poos my Astro offerings doesn't get it again.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it....

I agree with you completely. A couple of mentions of Mercury Retro and before you know it, questions start popping up about Astrology.... "was that that Mercury thingy?" I had a "non" believer watching the clock with me, incase we needed to create a distraction to get more time, so the speaker we were working with would have Jupiter as the Lord of the Hour on a fundraiser. Then the money poured in. Point out a few examples and friends do become curious, even if their is scoffing in the beginning. :whistling:

TK