[Please help] Which chart looks more promising? Deadline is today. Feedback for sure!

betelgeusesirius

I am applying to a dream graduate program and wanted your opinions so bad on this election horary. I have 2 charts, and want to decide the time to submit the application.

The first chart:

attachment.php

Things I like:
Jupiter at MC, lord of 10 and 9 in my house.
lord of 9 conjunct with Antares and the Moon is approaching Mercury with no interference.

Things I do not like:
No aspect between Jupiter, Mercury, and Venus.

Second chart:

attachment.php

Things I like:
I am the Sun, conjunct with Antares = makes me super strong.
I am burning my competitors (Saturn)
Moon approaching MC, with MC receiving the Moon with exaltation.
Moon is approaching the lord of 10th, Venus!

Things I dont like:
Detriment Moon
No connection between the Sun, Venus, and Mars (lord of 9th).
The Moon has to meet so many antiscias (Mercury, Saturn, Sun) and Jupiter before its aspect with the Venus
Venus(my 10th) likes Saturn (7th) :(

Please share your opinions.
I will provide feedback once the decisions are out :)
I made connections with the 10th and MC instead of 9th because grad schools lead to career.
Also, it seems like acceptance = 10th house?

I feel like the second chart will do: myself being super strong does not lead to acceptance. However, in this case, the Moon is approaching my MC, and although there are a lot of antiscia points and planets before the conjunction with Venus, I do not think those are interference. Still, I am not sure if the Moon approaching the MC will promise the outcome.

The first chart seems weak somehow.. just feelings..

Attachments

• time1.gif
    time1.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 228
  • time 2.gif
    time 2.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

This might aid you in your decision: http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=1168

My take is the 1st chart is better for your purposes. My reasoning is this:

From the article:

Writing and Teaching

Dorotheus is very concise in his advise on this matter, so I quote the entire Chapter 15 below, which is one sentence:
Let this be when Mercury is with the Moon and none of the malefics is with it or aspecting it while Mercury is eastern and is not under the [Sun’s] rays or retrograde in [its] motion and the Moon also is free from the misfortunes which I wrote of [and] untroubled. (Dorotheus, Book V, Ch. 15, Pingree trans., 2005, p. 271)
Based on this, you picked the best possible time (within this timeframe) for sending in the application. Mercury is with the Moon, they are both free from the sun's beams and neither Saturn nor Mars afflict them. Also according to Dorotheus, you want the Moon to be strong in the election. Under the circumstances, the Moon is in the strongest position it could possibly be as it conjunct the ascendant. Mercury who is the natural sig. for letters (and therefore applications) is also strong as it is conjunct the ascendant. Better yet, it is making a phasis (which makes Mercury even stronger here).

Other considerations of strength is that L9 is on asc, L1 is on MC and L10 is in 1, NN is conj. 9th cusp, L1 is in mutual reception with Saturn and both are hayz (with Saturn in its joy).

#1 seems immensely powerful for your purposes imo.

betelgeusesirius

This might aid you in your decision: http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/?p=1168

My take is the 1st chart is better for your purposes. My reasoning is this:

From the article:

Based on this, you picked the best possible time (within this timeframe) for sending in the application. Mercury is with the Moon, they are both free from the sun's beams and neither Saturn nor Mars afflict them. Also according to Dorotheus, you want the Moon to be strong in the election. Under the circumstances, the Moon is in the strongest position it could possibly be as it conjunct the ascendant. Mercury who is the natural sig. for letters (and therefore applications) is also strong as it is conjunct the ascendant. Better yet, it is making a phasis (which makes Mercury even stronger here).

Other considerations of strength is that L9 is on asc, L1 is on MC and L10 is in 1, NN is conj. 9th cusp, L1 is in mutual reception with Saturn and both are hayz (with Saturn in its joy).

#1 seems immensely powerful for your purposes imo.

Thank you very much conspiracy and rafaella.
I really wanted to try out that Antares on the second chart but there aren't any connections between the lords of 1st, 9th, and 10th.
At least on the first chart, the Moon is definitely going to make the conjunction with Mercury (10th), and the Sun (9th) is going to meet Jupiter eventually.
I am convinced that I should go with the first chart, but I am still curious about the second chart, whether the Moon will actually carry out the desired result.

conspiracy theorist

I'd say the moon is convincingly weaker in the 2nd chart. It's now in detriment and it's no longer conjunct the ascendant. Furthermore, it is now separating from Mercury instead of applying. Although conjunct Mercury still, it remains so as an out of sign conjunction - this set up is not as good as the 1st.

L10 is now cadent - weaker than the 1st
9th cusp is on scheat - it's a malefic fixed star that has mental prowess connotations but it's not one of its chief significations. L9 is also cadent.

The most angular planet in the chart is the malefic Mars. Also not portending well.

Even L1 on Antares isn't all its cracked up to be as Antares has some pretty negative connotations attributed to it, one of which is "downfall due to one's obstinacy" ( a paraphrase)

If you want to throw in modern you have an EXACT square between Sun and Neptune in the 8th which again isn't really all that great to see.

Compared to #1 it's no contest.

betelgeusesirius

I'd say the moon is convincingly weaker in the 2nd chart. It's now in detriment and it's no longer conjunct the ascendant. Furthermore, it is now separating from Mercury instead of applying. Although conjunct Mercury still, it remains so as an out of sign conjunction - this set up is not as good as the 1st.

L10 is now cadent - weaker than the 1st
9th cusp is on scheat - it's a malefic fixed star that has mental prowess connotations but it's not one of its chief significations. L9 is also cadent.

The most angular planet in the chart is the malefic Mars. Also not portending well.

Even L1 on Antares isn't all its cracked up to be as Antares has some pretty negative connotations attributed to it, one of which is "downfall due to one's obstinacy" ( a paraphrase)

If you want to throw in modern you have an EXACT square between Sun and Neptune in the 8th which again isn't really all that great to see.

Compared to #1 it's no contest.
Thank you Conspiracy! I went with the first chart and would love to share the result in a few months.

It would be interesting to have a thread with the election charts and the admission decisions altogether.
It could work as a great list of samples for examinations, admissions, and pass/fail horary charts, since I am applying to a bunch of programs.
Not sure if I should begin it here or in a new thread.

Anyways, thank you again and many blessings.

conspiracy theorist

Thank you Conspiracy! I went with the first chart and would love to share the result in a few months.

It would be interesting to have a thread with the election charts and the admission decisions altogether.
It could work as a great list of samples for examinations, admissions, and pass/fail horary charts, since I am applying to a bunch of programs.
Not sure if I should begin it here or in a new thread.

Anyways, thank you again and many blessings.

I'd endorse it. You might even encourage lurkers to look into elections more and start incorporating it in there lives. "Building the chart" might even be more effective in learning the astrology and it's effects.

betelgeusesirius

Hi all,

I will be posting the election charts and once the decisions are out, I will upload the charts again together with the decisions.

Could you help me with the charts please? :)
You don't have to look at all of them.
Please let me know if any of these charts do not look good.
Any other election chart suggestions are welcome.

The purpose of this thread is to refine the charts as much as we can.
Acceptance to every program would imply election is worth a bunch, since I am applying to super selective programs. I am not a super strong candidate.

Also, I am thinking of choosing one very strong chart and apply for two programs.
If I get accepted to both programs, then it would mean the chart was valid.

Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

I have more coming, but I want to start with these first.

attachment.php

Like:
1) Mars in 11H
2) Exalted Moon & MC Mercury partile trine
3) Sun & Saturn in 9H partile trine ASC

Dislike:
1) No connections between the main significators and L10 Saturn
2) Jupiter conjunct DSC

attachment.php

Like:
1) L10 Moon trine with L1 Venus, then to Jupiter.

Dislike:
1) No reception

attachment.php

Like:
1) L10 Moon trine Jupiter in 1

Dislike:
1) No connections between Moon and Venus

Out of these three charts,
I am applying to one safety and one dream program.

The second chart looks the strongest, because there is a direct aspect between L1 and L10.

In my opinion, 2 > 1 > 3

Do these charts look promising to you?
Please help :)

Attachments

• one.gif
    one.gif
    62.9 KB · Views: 173
  • two.gif
    two.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 180
  • three.gif
    three.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

rafaella

I like the 1st chart best, Moon trine Mercury looks good, even better if Saturn (ruler of 10th) was Cazimi... but then Moon would not be exalted.

Also look to how the transits affect your natal chart. Stressful aspects from the transiting planets to your natal might still have a negative outcome even if the event chart looks good.

betelgeusesirius

I like the 1st chart best, Moon trine Mercury looks good, even better if Saturn (ruler of 10th) was Cazimi... but then Moon would not be exalted.

Also look to how the transits affect your natal chart. Stressful aspects from the transiting planets to your natal might still have a negative outcome even if the event chart looks good.

Thank you so much Rafaella.
I looked at the transits as you mentioned and all of them have some hard aspects.. partile.....like malefic conjunctions or saturn predominating squares..lol. but the deadline is approaching and I have to apply anyways. I will look into transits too from now on.

Do you think the Moon and Mercury trine in the first chart can carry out the desired result? Wouldnt you need some direct aspects between the Moon and L10 or L1 and L10? While the first chart has some strong features, it doesnt have L1 and L10 connections with any of the significators. However, charts 2 does. Also, I really dont like that Jupiter in Dsc in the first chart. Makes me jelly.

rafaella

Thank you so much Rafaella.
I looked at the transits as you mentioned and all of them have some hard aspects.. partile.....like malefic conjunctions or saturn predominating squares..lol. but the deadline is approaching and I have to apply anyways. I will look into transits too from now on.

Do you think the Moon and Mercury trine in the first chart can carry out the desired result? Wouldnt you need some direct aspects between the Moon and L10 or L1 and L10? While the first chart has some strong features, it doesnt have L1 and L10 connections with any of the significators. However, charts 2 does. Also, I really dont like that Jupiter in Dsc in the first chart. Makes me jelly.

Its a difficult question, Moon/Mercury looks very good, but what is happening with natal chart is also to be looked at. So one can never be sure of what happens. For event chart, I'd want angular strong benefics (Venus and Jupiter). Moon in essential dignity and angular, malefics hidden away somewhere where they do no harm. No harsh aspects in important places. So the 3rd chart with Moon opposing Sun and Saturn, I'm not too keen on that chart. You are applying for a course so an aspect to Mercury is good. Yes 10th ruler strong would be good too and with aspect with ASC ruler. But the thing is you can't get everything you want in a chart, there is always going to be something that is not quite to your liking...

In the 1st chart, Sun is translating light of Saturn (and Jup) to Mars. But Sun is also burning the 10th ruler Saturn, this is why a cazimi Saturn would have been better.

Anyways, I hope the others chip in and give their opinions, perhaps they will see something we missed.

cheers :)

p.s. I have been in your shoes - was sitting for hours looking at perfect chart for a test. Horary showed I would pass the test but barely or have to re-do test, the significators were both in square and one in fall and some negative reception, but both angular. So I thought a good event chart might help, after a few days decided on a day Moon was in Cancer, angular in 7th for the time of test (I needed approval of the tester 7th ruler), trine my natal Venus, trine Natal Moon and conjunct my Natal Jupiter. The event chart had Moon conjunct Jupiter as well in Cancer, and trine transiting Saturn and Mercury. I passed the test, had no issue. But the negative reception in horary was the fear and reluctance I think. So this is something that I hope can help you with your event charts.

Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

I truly appreciate your advice. Thank you Rafaella!

Unfortunately, I do not have any lucky transits before the deadline. I have a bunch of squares and malefic conjunctions. I should have applied when benefics were conjunct important points! :(
I'm ruling out the second and third charts because of hard transits.

The sun in the first chart meets Mars in the next sign and I am worried about it.
I have found a chart with the Moon in true exaltation although in the 8th house.
Libra ASC, and the Moon receives Venus well. Partile square with Venus predomination.
Plus, L7 Mars is not strong at all. I think I will go with this chart for the dream school:

attachment.php

For the safety school, I will use chart 1, although I really dont like how strong L7 is.

Y'all please let me know if my decision has severe mistakes.
If I get rejected to my dream school and get accepted to safety after all this chart analysis, I might cry so much lol.

Well, that is my decision for now. I will come back with the next charts after doing some more analysis + checking the transits too.

Attachments

• four.gif
    four.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 174

betelgeusesirius

Hello,

these are the last 4 charts, and I am applying to 1 school each, and 2 schools for the strongest one.

1. I need to pick the strongest one to apply for 2 schools. If I get accepted to both, the chart was valid.
2. If any of these is weak, please let me know so that I can check for other times
3. Any other election chart suggestions are welcome!
4. It would help me a lot if you can list the charts in order of power. Thank you !

Natal Transits of these charts are all ok.
I do not have any bad transits from now on.

Chart 5:

attachment.php

Like:
1. L10 Sun likes L1 Mars and it is approaching Mars

Dislike:
1. Mars conjunct South Node

Chart 6:

attachment.php

Like:
1. Sun at MC, Moon at ASC, exalted L1 Venus conjunct Fomalhaut
2. Venus meets L10 Saturn

Dislike:
1. Venus square Saturn
2. Venus conjunct South Node. I hate South Node so much. It is just conjunct everything.

Chart 7:

attachment.php

The only reason I chose this chart is cuz the Moon meets Mars first while exalted. Another way to say that I couldn't find any better charts. At least I do not see anything bad on this chart.

Chart 8:

attachment.php

Like:
1. Sun conjunct ASC, Moon approaching L10 Mars

Dislike:
1. weak Mercury
2. L10 Mars doesnt like Saturn :(

I think you can notice how I am electing the charts:
There must be an applying aspect towards L10 from either L1 or the Moon. preferably with good reception and no squares or oppositions.
If this is satisfied, I start looking at the main significators' angularities.
L7 and DSC should be weaker than L1 and ASC, and here I consider angularity and fixed stars.
Nice Moon dignities and stronger Mercury make me feel better.
I try to fix benefics at ASC or MC.

So this is it.
I am concerned about the South Node conjunctions with L1. :sick:

Please take a look and suggest me any better election charts if possible.
I appreciate your times very much, and I hope this thread is informative to many users :)

Attachments

• 5.gif
    5.gif
    62.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 6.gif
    6.gif
    62.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 7.gif
    7.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 8.gif
    8.gif
    62.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

First result and it was a rejection. :crying:
I feel bad for myself for worrying about the chart before the admissions result.

attachment.php

School: super competitive
Process: 5 weeks

My interpretation:
1. Moon - Mercury have 4 1/6 difference, but Mercury is Retro so it is more like 4 units.
2. Mercury conjunct Vega
3. Moon first applying to Mercury (trine)

Can you find anything critical on this chart that led to rejection?
If not, it is probably the transits.

Attachments

• rejection.gif
    rejection.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 123

rafaella

First result and it was a rejection. :crying:
I feel bad for myself for worrying about the chart before the admissions result.

School: super competitive
Process: 5 weeks

My interpretation:
1. Moon - Mercury have 4 1/6 difference, but Mercury is Retro so it is more like 4 units.
2. Mercury conjunct Vega
3. Moon first applying to Mercury (trine)

Can you find anything critical on this chart that led to rejection?
If not, it is probably the transits.

You rely so much on an electional chart as if this is holy grail for getting what you want. But it is not. Having a perfect electional chart doesn't gurantee anything. As I previously stated if natal chart doesn't support something, then you can forget about electional. If your natal chart e.g. doesn't support winning lottery, then no matter how many times you gamble and choose perfect electional charts for those days, you won't win big.

That said, Mer rx is not good for this chart.

Last edited:

betelgeusesirius

Hi!

I agree with you that election charts are not perfect. However, deadlines exist and days left to apply are limited. I did not have good transits until just before my last application, so the only option I had was to select the strongest charts and apply. I also applied to some safety schools during these bad transits, so I will be able to observe and study from these samples if any of these is a rejection. Similary, most of the charts have pretty much similar transits because I applied during a small period of time, thus any lucky acceptance would mean something.

Do you think keeping record of the electional charts here is meaningless? I wanted to share the charts and results, and ask if there is anything wrong to avoid myself talking alone lol.

For readers, my natal chart doesn't promise outstanding education. However, it does portend that I will be studying for a long time. Also, I am pretty well qualified for most of the programs that I have applied. Graduate admissions are a matter of luck anyways, as they accept non-related majors too. So I am testing my luck here.. In case you want to blame my horrible natal chart for this rejection :crying:

rafaella

Hi!

I agree with you that election charts are not perfect. However, deadlines exist and days left to apply are limited. I did not have good transits until just before my last application, so the only option I had was to select the strongest charts and apply. I also applied to some safety schools during these bad transits, so I will be able to observe and study from these samples if any of these is a rejection. Similary, most of the charts have pretty much similar transits because I applied during a small period of time, thus any lucky acceptance would mean something.

Do you think keeping record of the electional charts here is meaningless? I wanted to share the charts and results, and ask if there is anything wrong to avoid myself talking alone lol.

For readers, my natal chart doesn't promise outstanding education. However, it does portend that I will be studying for a long time. Also, I am pretty well qualified for most of the programs that I have applied. Graduate admissions are a matter of luck anyways, as they accept non-related majors too. So I am testing my luck here.. In case you want to blame my horrible natal chart for this rejection :crying:

well we can look at it as fun experiment and see what role the charts played in your success or failure, and if something interesting comes up, we can then discuss this. Why not.