A one sided chart?

smilingsteph

All natal charts are unique! I have quite a few planets in my third house and seventh. I would try bob marks astrology site to get an idea about your chart. He has a lesson page.
Charts with more planets to the left (left handed) indicate a person that is more into the self and working with self, rather than the right which is more of working towards building relations with others.

smilingsteph

Just a few things
You are a smart cookie, and you love academia....ninth house sun, mercury.
Moon in the 11th house, could indicate that you find comfort in your friends...more female friends possibly, as moon represents mother.
Your rising sign is scorpio, which can make you magnetic, however you also have saturn in the first which can bring about a stern exterior. Can also make you hard on yourself, maybe can ignite an issue with low self-esteem, which you dont need to have!
You have a lot of nice placements to jupiter, maybe you like to grow and expand yourself, travel, have fun, caring and protective (moon to jupiter) expansive (sun jupiter), good health strength (mars jupiter)
Then you have saturn, mars and mercury square your sun:
Your jupiter connections show luck, expansion, learning, expansion; however saturn sets limits on jupiters boyouncy and can bring you to want these things, but you may not have the self-esteem to carry these things out. Saturn can bring about a rigidity, structure and discipline to your personality, however saturn and jupiter can work together too, Jupiter connections can mean that maybe you overdo it, overtly and overly enthusiastic....then saturn can bring about a sense of determination to stay on track and not get too carried away with the big picture, helps to keep your mind on the prize so to speak.

hermetic

so, your chart isn't all that one-sided as you described it ;)
generaly one-sided charts are when all planets are within 130-180 degrees(bundle/bowl pattern), and yours is a fan pattern

All planets but one (or two in close conjunction) are
contained within the trine of a bundle pattern...[These one or two
conjunct planets] is at least 60 degrees apart from the bundle area
and opposes at least one of its planets...uses the handle planet...
[(one or two conjunct planets)] as a source of support

one sidedness could point to energy and interest concentrated on only those houses that are full, but in your case I think Jupiter nicely balances it all, with a good aspects it makes.

For example, mine is pretty one-sided, no oppositions, all within 130 degrees, typical bundle, second quadrant full, others empty, now that's what I call one sided ;) very narrow views and interests in my case... most of the worlds happenings just don't touch me at all. It can be both good and bad.

had to mention - is that Amy Winehouse in your avatar? I believe she is also Virgo/Scorpio, just so you know ;)

jupiter

Dear Barthelemy,
What I see is a Pluto ruler of your Asc in the 12th together with your 8th house co-ruler moon opposite jupiter your 2nd house ruler in your 6th.

Although you have a stellium in your 10th. You are a reserved person.

You and loneliness, what's the deal???

You and money ????
And the money theme returns with a pinch of depression (see woody allen) since mercury squares saturn in the 2nd house cusp. Mercury dispositor of your stellium rules your 8th!! Take care of your money!!

I see as you said all the planets in one side of the chart and one alone=jupiter. You see Jupiter gets extremely important that way!!!

And jupiter rules your 2nd house of money.

I don't like neither the moon/pluto conjunction or the 6th-12th house axis being so much activated. You can read about this opposition in many sites.
What I mean is that you should learn how to handle this aspect, since it is not an easy one and the planets are moon and the asc ruler.....

Check it out!!!!!

Last edited:

Soul Friend

One piece of advice to consider when you find yourself lonely is to watch Venus in your chart because it rules both Taurus and Libra which are the 7th and 11th House cusp rulers. The way Venus goes so does your social life. That's my first thought. That one is an easy one.

Next I'll try to tackle my thoughts regarding your Jupiter. on the 29th degree it's considered to be quite important as the Anorectic Degree said by some to indicate some considerable emphasis. Google it for yourself or however you do your research. Next it's pretty interesting that as part of the Trine it is "out of element" to complete the configuration. This brings in some Fire to your Earth like Lava.;) Because of the opposition from your conjunction of the 11th H Moon and 12th H Pluto that Planet, Sign and House become most significant within your Kite which is the specific aspect when an opp. is blended with a Grand Trine. This all makes Aries and the 5th House the Focus of your Grand Trine/Kite with the Moon/Pluto Conj. in opposition. Some say the House Cusp where Aries sits is where we need to grow and where Libra sits shows where we need to find Balance. With a 5th H/11th H Split this requires working on your individuality as well as your position amongst groups. This is quite intriguing since Leo and Aquarius are Intercepted which some would also say means you will put much more effort into these parts of life or even that they may not bring forth all you are in those areas until after your first Saturn Return.
Because Jupiter rules your 2nd H, your work may need time to get focused. Considering the Leo/Aq. Interception falls in the 3rd/9th House Axis their may be a need to focus on Education, Learning, and communication. All this being said, if you ever considered education toward an advanced degree before entering the career field of your choice, that's definitely a well considered choice for you to have a variety of different things fall into place. Too, this issue of the 5th House needs to include some real effort toward honoring the Creativity of the aspects. Also Recreation and Romance are likely quite important to you.

Another thing of interest is the lack of Air signs except for Chiron. That just screams to me to personally advise meditating on the 8th House issues especially how they relate to your thinking and communication about them. If this is the area of your greatest wound where you'll find a healing that you want to bring to others I cannot help but think somewhere you've been "kept quiet" and need to encourage both yourself and others to "find your voice" and speak where necessary especially where you might be kept quiet like possibly taxes, business matters or even perhaps
sexual issues. If you were ever abused this would make exposing your abuser both very difficult more for you than for others but also incredibly healing. The same could be said of someone seeking to coerce you into participating in some sort of financial fraud. This is especially difficult because of the opposition to Neptune in the 2nd House so it's more likely to be fiscal.

I think I've said enough to generate some other responses as folks either expound or disagree so I'll sign off. Have at it folks! :59:

Claire19

barthelemy said:
i would like to know some one about natal charts which are "one sided" yet, i don't know if that's the right term...when the planets on the natal chart are closely set together...

is your chart like that?
do you know somebody well, with such birth chart?
does it matter on which side of the chart the planets are bunched together at? i.e. mines on the left...
i am really interested and would appreciate details and your stories...

:)

Do you mean the planets are grouped either on the eastern or the western hemisphere, right or left hand side of the chart? So they are mainly in a few h ouses only? I have a chart with most of my planets on the right hand side of the chart and this indicates that others determine and influence my life a lot more than if they were all on the left hand side which means a person is mostly self determining. I have two stelliums in 6th and 8th houses and those areas of life are my main focus.

Soul Friend

barthelemy said:
Oh my goodness thanks for all your replies! :D !!!!!!!!

Soul Fiend – thanks a lot for the tip and your incite!! Your comment about the importance of romance and recreation is too true (although both corners are pretty quite, I am eager for change!). I shall read up and respond on the other points that you had made, but just a quick question…is my career side not a promising one?
Glad I could help and in answer to your question regarding career I just noticed you have anothe major configuration refered to as either Thor's Hammer or an Arrowhead. Both your 10th H Mercury and your 1st H Saturn in Sag which is of course within 5° of the 2nd House of finances are in Square. Those two are BOTH sesqui-square (135°) to Jupiter in Aries which also is within 5° of the next House being the 6th H of Service. All three of these planets (Along with just about everything else BTW) are disposited by Mercury conjunct the Midheaven. THis ties your 1st and 2nd Houses of identity and the 5th and 6th Houses of Speculation/Recreation and Service to your Midheaven. This major configuration enables you to bounce back from difficulties so just as Thor's Hammer did its work and returned it leaves you none the worse for wear. Too, the energy of the Square is directed toward Jupiter and if this wasn't amazing enough, your Moon also a cusp Planet sitting in the 11th affecting the 12th as well is semi-square Mercury and Saturn and opposite Jupiter. Consider all of these in meditation and study as you evaluate their meanings because you may learn some more about yourself you never expected. :D